Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    The new feature of showing your attack team is not good is our strategy keep it secret we have enough players copying our defenses they just lay back and let others do the work I’m against of these new feature but I’m 100% in favor of going blind that will add some challenge in pvp

OS
    Android
    I'm only a Duelist so not of the skill level of everyone else in this thread, but while I have been curious about what teams attackers are using I have never felt it was a feature that is NEEDED. So if this new feature is taken away I wouldn't miss it. If its kept it probably won't make much difference to myself but can see how those who have put in the time and effort to come up with strong defenses now losing their strategy to others to try to emulate.

I do wonder though when I look at the new toons over the past month that perhaps they are trying to get younger players involved and this change could be a part of that? But these days kids are tech savvy and what not at a young age so I don't think they need a leg up if that is the reasoning.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    I understand the frustration but i'll for once support NF.
    It is a nice move to see the attack team so that you can make your defence better. I already learned what's the problem with my defence in just a few hours, i had my thoughts but couldn't verify it, now i did and i have plans to change it. Maybe it will make my defence better, we'll see. We've asked for ways to improve our defence, this is one of them.
    I know that most of the top pvpers worry that others will copy their attack team but i would like to point out that you can only see the toons and not talis setup so that makes a difference. Also since the update went live i did not witness a same team attacking twice, everyone that attacked me had a different strategy so not much to copy when i lost from everyone

Ofc i totally support the idea of going blind in pvp like i did when it was posted.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    Android
    I don't support the new feature that shows attack teams, as for defense there is people who put effort and time to make a good strategy on attack and don't think that another comes and takes his idea that easy. And many people has their ID on signature and it is easy to go a check their talisman set up ,so? What is what NF wants for this game?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMurray View Post
    I understand the frustration but i'll for once support NF.
    It is a nice move to see the attack team so that you can make your defence better. I already learned what's the problem with my defence in just a few hours, i had my thoughts but couldn't verify it, now i did and i have plans to change it. Maybe it will make my defence better, we'll see. We've asked for ways to improve our defence, this is one of them.
    I know that most of the top pvpers worry that others will copy their attack team but i would like to point out that you can only see the toons and not talis setup so that makes a difference. Also since the update went live i did not witness a same team attacking twice, everyone that attacked me had a different strategy so not much to copy when i lost from everyone

Ofc i totally support the idea of going blind in pvp like i did when it was posted.
    My guess is offense copying will come, it'll just take a little bit. The offenses will be most relevant at the end of the week when final rank is being fought for.

OS
    Android

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i'm not as negative as you guys about this but i can see your points ofc.

on the one hand i like to see what teams broke me and what teams lost. so we can think about how to improve our defense. and i like to see other attacking teams to get inspiration too. since you often choose different toons vs different defenses it's still unknown how you attack another team. you can only see what toons fought vs YOUR team. Same toons would be a bad choice vs someone else, so this protect us from copying a bit. (i guess most guys have at least 3 teams they use constantly, at least i do...).

sure for us competitive guys this is hard to swallow but for beginners this could be very usefull. that'S why i would maybe change it in some way so that lower divisions (maybe up to duelist II 1700 points) can see the attacking teams and divisions above cannot see it? maybe something like that....
    I'm with slauki in this. The feature will have much popular appeal, and even for us, is not so bad. I've already changed a bit due the attackers. For endgamers e top players, copy teams and same toons will always be there. MtG has rhis same thing (yet, there is too much more player skill involved).

That said, I do think we lost some of the glamour and mistery now
    In-game nick: Ravy-8961
    Daily PvP player.

"The punishment is death for all who lives."

Se você está lendo esta mensagem, existe uma chance de você ser brasileiro(a). Envie uma mensagem privada para mim qualquer hora. Estamos recrutando...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    I'm not a competitive Arena player, but I agree with the arguments here against showing the Attack team. It seems like too much information, especially since we're able to view other players' rosters.
    well, in pvp we can't see other players rosters, as the number behind the name is missing.
    But i like the idea of seeing the attack-team. Now it's still not that much difference. Once you have specific characters, like wrath, gunner corrupt rescuer, prisoner or any valkyre, you build your team around them, while in defense you usually try teams with taunters or blockheads, it's rare to see a defense team matching the offense team, but you could have been sure, if someone, for example, had a vampire hunter eddie and a prisoner in his defense team, you could bet, that they would also be in his offense team. Now it's just a confirmation, and you can filter out some defense wins via disconnect. Sometimes you see a defense win and think: "well, his defense team looks tough, how should he have lost, so either luck or he has bad/lowlevel talismans", now as you see with wich team he attacked, you know, that some wins are surely disconnect wins. So one more trap not to run into.

It's not that big secret which characters are good for offense or defense. Most combinations are a nobrainer. I think there was a thread here in the forums about useable characters. I also skip certain combinations of characters regardless of the rest or their talismans, but i get enough enemies to win. Sure seeing the attacker team is giving you hints on how to build good teams, but mostly it depends on:
    What characters do you have? (like, if you have a vampire hunter eddie, then you damn well will use him)
    What talismans do you have, (a good talisman combination can even make the most common team deadly) and that's a point you only see, when you're in battle, plus some talismans are good for defense, but not for damage. I've seen teams loaded with BNW talismans but making nearly no damage.
    And either way, what do you need in PVP? Imo you need:
    A good single striker
    An aoe damager
    A beneficial effects remover
    A reviver/healer

There are a lot of characters that fit each category, but some characters need a companion to work (beelzebub needs someone to use his burns, like assassin pyro or warrior corrupt rescuer, Mysctic Eddie needs someone that can can seal, etc)
    And the list of revivers is not that long
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

OS
    iOS
    I couldn`t care less if i see the attacking teams or not. 10 teams who broke my defense would mean 10 different compositions of defense, so i could not
    create THE nonplusultra defense.
    Also started to change my attack team in specific situations, so it will help no one if he sees mine from the last battle.
    Change your defense after revenging me, i will probably change my attack for counter-revenge, simple as that.
    Ingame name : heavy-3412
    Don`t use troopers daily anymore

OS
    Android
    I still do not have a 100% opinion on this. But this may also help at some point to prove several doubts of some players. As for example the use of Valkyrie Purple and other toons who may come to strong. On the other hand about copies of attack teams is very relative, because who is always on top is hardly going to change something, already has its strategy set for each team that will face, has its playing time and resources. I think this will benefit more low ranked players than the tops .. I do not know .. it's all at the beginning yet ..
    Caliza12-3289

OS
    iOS
    I get everyone’s point, and don’t disagree. For me it’s aesthetic that I don’t like. Makes the defense tab too busy, not a fan of the clutter.

That said, it is fun to see what people do when they lose to you, then revamp their attack team and win. I don’t think most of us would change our defense based on the toons that attack us, and for myself, I use the same six toons rotated on attack no matter what. If I change it up, it’s only really to put in my artillery dog for immunity against the SSD, or to put the prisoner in agains the NbLol’s bs.
    Eskiggalu-8063