Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OS
    Android

This is really bad

Hello everyone,

I think this is the worst feature ever added to PvP.

I do think that we should get information on how people are attacking us so we could adjust, I even asked for it waaaay back.

And I do believe devs did this on good intentions, and for us to use the 3 tabs on defense more often too. (and because they listen)

But what this is doing is exposing competitive players whole attack system. A tab with toons more often used against our defense and their win % would be enough.

This is very bad for everyone that is super competitive at arena and put long hours trying to figure something new. This punishes creativity and hard work.

And I wish they talked to us prior to this implementation.

Cheers
    gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 09-20-2017 at 03:18 PM.

OS
    Android
    I have an idea since we started with giving them. How would you guys feel if you could not see what team you are going to fight against?
    I see that some players kinda like the new feature, seeing the team that attacked them but I will very much disagree with their arguments supporting it. As many have already mentioned it, we spend countless hours building and testing new offense teams and now it all goes to shit with this!
    If I'm asked what can be done, I will say that this new feature can stay only if our defense teams cannot be seen before the fight begins. There you go, problem solved!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by gmac View Post
    Hello everyone,

I think this is the worst feature ever added to PvP.

I do think that we should get information on how people are attacking us so we could adjust, I even asked for it waaaay back.

And I do believe devs did this on good intentions, and for us to use the 3 tab on defense more often too. (and maybe because they listen?)

But what this is doing is exposing competitive players whole attack system. A tab on toons more used against our defense and their win % would be enough.

This is very bad for everyone that is super competitive at arena and put long hours trying to figure something new. This punishes creativity and hard work.

Cheers
    gmac
    Oh, man I couldn't say it better! WTF was the first thing that came out from my mouth once I realized what happened from your post in the other thread. Honestly, right now I feel that that thing which devs stuck in our rear ends with resent screwed up updates and bugs is getting even deeper in my ass and I am sure no man likes to be screwed around like that!
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte47 View Post
    I get everyone’s point, and don’t disagree. For me it’s aesthetic that I don’t like. Makes the defense tab too busy, not a fan of the clutter.

That said, it is fun to see what people do when they lose to you, then revamp their attack team and win. I don’t think most of us would change our defense based on the toons that attack us, and for myself, I use the same six toons rotated on attack no matter what. If I change it up, it’s only really to put in my artillery dog for immunity against the SSD, or to put the prisoner in agains the NbLol’s bs.
    This was a stupid statement I made, btw. Of course we change based on what toons attack us. But, I change more on how easy it is to beat defenses that are like mine. So, for my self, I change more in regard to holds, how easy it is to kill some toons, etc.
    Eskiggalu
    Eskiggalu-8063

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    Oh, man I couldn't say it better! WTF was the first thing that came out from my mouth once I realized what happened from your post in the other thread. Honestly, right now I feel that that thing which devs stuck in our rear ends with resent screwed up updates and bugs is getting even deeper in my ass and I am sure no man likes to be screwed around like that!
    hahaha

Nice way to put it!

I actually do believe they did this on good intentions, we even asked for more info on how we were being attack (myself included). More info is good, and using the 3 tabs on defense, like maybe switching on Saturday few times based on feedback also good idea.

Going for Eternal requires other things besides strategy, quick reactions, will and stamina. But strategy is the cornerstone.

And the way this is setup it exposes in detail our attack system and punishes everyone trying to find something unique.

And I really don't like they did not talk to us before this implementations, this is very sensitive issue for any competitive player.

cheers
    gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 09-20-2017 at 04:39 PM.

OS
    Android
    I agree that this is a really bad feature, moreover the way it was [non-]communicated meant that we woke up yesterday with our past N attacks visible without us having any prior idea they would. Yuck!

Any unique ideas and characters we developed are now freely disclosed for no good reason. Defense is known by necessity once you fight, but this is just gratuitous, much as if the game told you in advance which defending toons do the most damage on average or how many times they tend to stun.

I've resolved to not compete in PvP for a while until this is changed and just make spoiling attacks with my already-visible defense for free iron coins, and just live with the losses. My next few Saturdays are booked anyways. I was this close to refusing to PvP altogether.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ovy View Post
    I agree that this is a really bad feature, moreover the way it was [non-]communicated meant that we woke up yesterday with our past N attacks visible without us having any prior idea they would. Yuck!

Any unique ideas and characters we developed are now freely disclosed for no good reason. Defense is known by necessity once you fight, but this is just gratuitous, much as if the game told you in advance which defending toons do the most damage on average or how many times they tend to stun.

I've resolved to not compete in PvP for a while until this is changed and just make spoiling attacks with my already-visible defense for free iron coins, and just live with the losses. My next few Saturdays are booked anyways. I was this close to refusing to PvP altogether.
    Agree, I didn't like that there was no warning on this.

I also think this dumbed down the game and for some that put the time and effort to create something unique to them or make do while missing many 'top' characters (not for lack of trying, damn u RNG) it can make it harder if their teams are copied.
    This 'feature' feels to me like showing your hand if playing cards, it just takes away from the experience.

It's nice that it can help players learn and that's great, but there other ways to do it:
    -A weekly list of top characters offense and defense,
    -Character affinity index list search, compare
    -Dedicated team builder interface with stats and simulated build options?, compare against other simulated builds, stat wise.
    -Team templates for newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by gmac View Post
    Hello everyone,
    And I do believe devs did this on good intentions, and for us to use the 3 tabs on defense more often too. (and because they listen)
    But what this is doing is exposing competitive players whole attack system. A tab with toons more often used against our defense and their win % would be enough.
    Cheers
    gmac
    Pretty much,
    -Why not add a show or hide switch?, that way it's up to each player if they want to show it and this could also add to the strategy.
    -Devs, could even monetize on it, something along the lines of: sell 'ruse' items, to create fake teams, and sell 'peek' items to discover if it was a ruse, if you guessed correctly you get to see the team,
    or something else some % bonus to stat, to coin toss or effect against a player or character, many possibilities here.
    -Or a 'shadow of war' for top levels.
    -What Gmac mentioned is a very good approach, a list of popular toons that attacked you simple yet effective.

I am not opposed to the possibility of something similar existing, it can be a good feature what I don't like is the general approach about it.
    I think it's a naive approach to an important aspect of the game (which also looks crammed on the ui).
    Last edited by Blacksteel; 09-20-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    iOS
    I think seeing the attackers is awesome! GMAC, Carlos, and Kamuz - please attack me

Or not.

I agree with everything most have already posted, with GMAC leading the charge . Defense copying is inevitable as we see what works and doesn't work from direct experience. But with this new feature creativity is squashed - all your cards are shown - and offensive copying is now enabled. There's no reason for it. Yes - you can see what compositions broke your defense - but because defense is static there's simply no way to defend against everything, so I don't see it as overly helpful. In my opinion the value of crafting a fast, effective offensive that may give you a competitive edge is crippled when you can see the top players playbook plain as day.

Now everyone is a Bill Belichick (my apologies to Patriots fans)

Just like having Jofers toons won't give someone Jofers speed, seeing GMACs team will not let them stop GMAC. But it's just one more ingredient towards a game with homogenized teams - and that's a really bad thing.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I think seeing the attackers is awesome! GMAC, Carlos, and Kamuz - please attack me

Or not.

I agree with everything most have already posted, with GMAC leading the charge . Defense copying is inevitable as we see what works and doesn't work from direct experience. But with this new feature creativity is squashed - all your cards are shown - and offensive copying is now enabled. There's no reason for it. Yes - you can see what compositions broke your defense - but because defense is static there's simply no way to defend against everything, so I don't see it as overly helpful. In my opinion the value of crafting a fast, effective offensive that may give you a competitive edge is crippled when you can see the top players playbook plain as day.

Just like having Jofers toons won't give someone Jofers speed, seeing GMACs team will not let them stop GMAC. But it's just one more ingredient towards a game with homogenized teams - and that's a really bad thing.

And here is a Patriots fan who agrees with everything you said here :-) I would
    Welcome the current ranking of the attacker instead to see if Revenge is worth
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post

Or not.

No problem 🤘🏼next month may be the second week I’m getting back to play pvp