Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

This Week in PvP - A Game of Thorns

Another week – another meta change.

But BIG congrats to Mjmxiii! He’s a great example of the dedication it takes to become eternal.

I work some Saturdays and yesterday was one of them. I was up at 6 am – which was 4 am his time – and saw him climbing the ranks. 4 AM! And he was still moving later in the morning! When I got home around 3 pm I took an hour or so and climbed within 250 – but when he started moving again I realized he was not going to surrender.

So congrats again to the new – and I’m sure exhausted – eternal. And also big props to Caretaker – his first time on the podium! He’s often in the top 10 – was top 5 last week – is an Eternal coming?

1. MJMXIII
    2. NICKO
    3. CARETAKER
    4. Carlos
    5. Dje

This week brought a new update – and some serious stability issues. I started some photo journalism…

Thorn Holocaust

Name:  ThornHolocaust.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  1.22 MB

Team Staredown

Name:  Staredown.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  1.19 MB

Buff Stack

Name:  BuffStack.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  1.25 MB

Cinema Bug (due to the black bars top and bottom)

Name:  ButtonFreeze.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  920.9 KB

Thorn Shields – with their nasty damage and permadeath - are the new meta – and yet they can also be your worst enemy. Almost all of my losses this week were due to Thorn Shields – specifically Thorn vs Thorn – and the crashes that ensued. There needs to be a fix for this – and fast. I always like meta changes – I know many complain they happen too frequently in this game – but for me – without other games as reference – they keep things challenging and rethinking strategy is always fun. But if they’re broken? That’s a problem.

I’ve seen people say (R1ck) they’re leaving them off their defenses because they know there is an issue. I think that’s really admirable – but I also think it’s unnecessary. We as attackers know they’re out there – and we also know theyre the source of a potential crash. In my opinion it’s up to the attacker to determine if the benefits of having them on your attack team are worth the risks. I’m personally still weighing that out and am curious to see how others feel.

I’ll say the daily rewards last week were great – even how they were presented (Advantage talismans already Lvl 5 – 3 Skillshards instead of one) – and this weeks event is really cool as well. But a hotfix is sorely needed – I don’t think I’ve ever seen a less stable PvP environment.

At this moment the competition is already stiff – it makes sense with these exclusive toons dangling as carrots. In fact ShaolinLondo was already up 500 points in 36 minutes after reset yesterday. That’s some fast playing! Certainly faster than I can play…

Good luck earning those toons and see you in the arena!
    Last edited by Nicko; 09-24-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Congrats to MJMXIII for Eternal, well deserved one.
    As stated by Nicko I tried to keep Thorn talismans out of my defense, but after one day they were on everybody defense so I put them on again. As many others mentioned, it is not players fault that NF brings such terrible bugs and take so long to fix.

Congrats to podium and everybody who plays this buggy game just for Iron Maiden.

UP THE IRONS!!!

OS
    iOS
    Congrats mj and the rest of the podium. The arena was a nightmare last week with the bugs! Kudos to you guys for fighting through it. I did just enough for top 50, and that was all I could stand. Didn't purchase any refill.

This weeks events are really cool, though the 3 star toon doesn't appear very interesting. The chance at skill shards and other frags is really nice though!

Hopefully NF will hot fix these Arena bugs asap.

OS
    iOS
    Congrats MJM, well done mate...and very well deserved. I’m playing a bit this week due to the 7-day rewards and wanted to see how is the Aces High buff after the update. All in all it is good, but not liking the bugs.
    Lost a game last night to Blacksteel due to his VHE reviving inspire of my Aces High killing him with the “Do or Die” Permadeth move, and then AoF giving his entire team an extra turn when my Red Buzz was killed indirectly (and that is after I killed his VHE first). Sigh, not fun in PvP when you lose a match due to the bugs in logic.

So definitely sincere congrats to MJ to win Eternal inspite of the bugs...hats off to you, mate. Not sure my return will be long lived if the bugs continue.

OS
    Android
    congrats to mjmxii, nicko and caretaker good job guys.
    not much more to add to nickos analysis. one thing i like about talisman based metachanges is that everyone can use them. it's not toon based so you can work for it. this update is a step in the right direction (in theory) i feel, if the bugs would have been solved, we would have a good game by now. but unfortunatly that's not the case.

well another topic last week was the attack exposure, still not sure about it, as stated before, prolly very good for low and midrank guys but bad for competitive highranks. that's why i would like to repeat my suggestion. add some shadow of war to the top 250 guys or so....at least an option to hide the attacking team....

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    This weeks events are really cool, though the 3 star toon doesn't appear very interesting.
    Tridimensionale, one of my troopers, had him as his champion last night. He hits pretty hard, I thought he was worth getting.

Congrats mj and the rest of you!

I finished 20th, didn’t have too many bugs until a couple hours before reset. Well, really the last 45 min, I lost probably ten total because of bugs last week, we 8 being in the last hour. Concur we need a hot fix.

Loved the daily gifts last week. Having fun with the soul event.

Cheers all.
    Eskiggalu
    Last edited by Monte47; 09-24-2017 at 06:30 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte47 View Post
    Tridimensionale, one of my troopers, had him as his champion last night. He hits pretty hard, I thought he was worth getting.

Nope it s the purple one i just get the red one too but no time to test it...
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridimensionale View Post
    Nope it s the purple one i just get the red one too but no time to test it...
    Ah... he was fun to play with. Hits pretty hard.
    Eskiggalu-8063

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte47 View Post
    Ah... he was fun to play with. Hits pretty hard.
    Yep.. it s passive could be good too but only 50% trigger chance so it s too random for pvp.. still pretty funny in pve
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    iOS

Game of Thorns 😆 lmao

Congrats Mj on your first Eternal well deserved man with all the bugs it must have a pain loosing 20 points for every freeze I tried arena last night used all the sow I’ve collected in past weeks mid way getting the Gunner guy, 3 skill shard so far the event itself is good the ugly side is all the bugs I’m still not ok with the new feature showing the attack team currently I’m using a team that is slow but effective I’ll play the whole event after that I’ll wait until we get the final decision from devs I really hope they decide to remove it