Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    Some bad calculations/assumptions in that first post. Drop rates were pretty close to 2:1 (red:yellow) and for most people it took a little less than 250 wins to get the Chopper.

Sure, 250 wins does necessitate a few refills (and/or sacrifices), but considering that a lot of ironite dropped during this event, you could get the Chopper and still have earned more ironite from this event than you spent on it. With a 90 % win rate, you'd need to spend 225 ironite on refills to get to 250 wins, while ironite drops definitely averaged more than 1 ironite per SoW spent.

It definitely was a very time consuming event but any more or less experienced player should have known that beforehand.

Regarding this weeks event, drop rates so far indicate that you should be able to get this weeks char from playing your daily SQ's and buying the daily 50 frags for 200k gold. And since you'll make close to 200k gold per day from just playing through your SQ's, you can easily afford that.
    Last edited by konstifik; 10-02-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    Some bad calculations/assumptions in that first post. Drop rates were pretty close to 2:1 (red:yellow) and for most people it took a little less than 250 wins to get the Chopper.

Sure, 250 wins does necessitate a few refills (and/or sacrifices), but considering that a lot of ironite dropped during this event, you could get the Chopper and still have earned more ironite from this event than you spent on it. With a 90 % win rate, you'd need to spend 225 ironite on refills to get to 250 wins, while ironite drops definitely averaged more than 1 ironite per SoW spent.

It definitely was a very time consuming event but any more or less experienced player should have known that beforehand.

Regarding this weeks event, drop rates so far indicate that you should be able to get this weeks char from playing your daily SQ's and buying the daily 50 frags for 200k gold. And since you'll make close to 200k gold per day from just playing through your SQ's, you can easily afford that.
    Yeah, I would agree with this take on the event from last week and this week. Last week was a grind but from it I got the Trickster (3 - just got the third in the last few arena battles) and the Chopper (again with about 3 hours to go to reset). But along the way I did make a lot of ironite as ended up with 350 more at the end of the week than I did at the beginning - from memory I did 4-5 refills over the week in arena when I had time to do it. I also got a lot of souls (around 7) and 7 skill shards so for me it went well and I did benefit. Not sure how pleased I would be if I had just missed out on the Chopper though!

I can see both side of the discussion here to be honest but that will also always be the case for RNG based drops - I was lucky I think. I must have averaged over 5 per win and I did get a fair batch of 10 drops as well as 2 times 50 for the warrior and 1 times 50 for the chopper which helped.

As for the upcoming and current events they seem doable this week at least - doing troopers gets a lot of gold, doing quests gets a fair bit of gold as does a run through LOL so I think this is all doable for me anyway.

I think, as said before, this is a F2P game - no one has to spend a penny or do anything on virtual spend if they do not want to. It is up to us if we spend the time or not and we have to remember behind all that is what was said above - these guys are not running a charity. They have to make money. To make money they have to keep people playing and in some cases paying or the game dies - I cant see Iron Maiden pouring money into this if it does not make money to pay the staff and make a profit, though I maybe I hope that part of them is giving the Iron Maiden fan something back for our continued spend on the band at gigs and when buying CDs and merch.....but maybe that is being a little naïve! Maiden are a business regardless of their love of the fans - they are in this to make money for Iron Maiden Holdings Ltd and all of their staff too (as well as making us all happy with great music and shows) so I think we have to cut these guys some slack on the events and what they are about.....that is not to say that they couldn't do us all a favour and try to iron out the existing game play issues which are still very much present in the game.

My fingers are crossed that they can get on top of it all though with such a small team (relatively speaking) they must struggle a bit and it is clear that they do not have a massive access to beta testing within the company - and again I get that as I think they would be able to do more of that if they were making more money to expand the team for that side of things.....not that easy a balancing act for them and/or Iron Maiden as a business.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android

yeah i fully agree here. the last event was awesome and i got the chopper with 310ish wins. i have contact with guys who got him between the range of 220 till 320 ish wins. so it was a hell of agrind but if you take all the rewards into account they gave us like 5 ironite drops, g/a frags, legendary fragments it was really kinda rewarding to play pvp last week. in addition with the special offers like 30 sow for 45 ironite it was pretty cheap too, so it was'n impossible to make it. but as said, yeah it was very time consuming for sure.

all in all i got 5 skills (all on the last day...lol) 2 legendaries approx 3 g/a and some additional fragments too, which i could convert into precious souls. aside this i finished 4th in the arena and ranks weren't even my goal. so all in all this was pretty rewarding, that's why i can't agree with the rant.

sure if you are a new player it's hard to grind that much, but i think we shouldn't expect to get everything if we are not willing to put some serious effort in. there will be other events which might fit you better, but the last one was awesome if you are in the endgame and interested in pvp.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I see it pretty much as you do Slauki. I've got a few skill shards less, a few tricksters more and surplus for conversion, but all in all a good one. But I am sad to see some ppl not getting their chopper with the same amount of wins for some terrible red frags streak and no 50 drops (I did get one of those and my chopper at 280 fights), so I'm with TEF here, if they could convert red to gold it would be nice for those with tough luck.

OS
    Android

woo hooo

Those were based completely on my drop rate and left over fragments. Also I did not calculate in the 10 frag drops. If I had my numbers would have been a little lower but not much. At the same time the drop for me was aprox 4:1 other people might have had a better drop but that is going to boil down to the random aspect of it. That said several people were saying there rate was closer to 3:1 so ~20% variability in the numbers would be acceptable with the random aspect.

With the win rate I picked a nice easy to work with number. 80% = 4/5 so just made math easier. And also I went with pretty much worse case scenario in the entire thing.

And yeah the other random fragments and skill shards were a nice perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyphy View Post
    I am a newer player (~2 months), so take that into account.

I did quick napkin math and also figured I'd need about 250-300 wins to get the Chopper.
    I did have a lot of SOW as I only ever did the 1/day for the reward.

Problem I ran into was that being a newer player, I cannot compete in the arena; not any good characters.
    The best characters I've got are 4 x 4*-80, but on day two, almost all I could find was teams of 2 x 5* x 50+ and 2 x 4* 80, or better. I've no chance to beat them.
    Would only get 5 or so attacks per day, so didn't move down the ranks.
    On about 3rd day I knew I had no chance for either.
    On Thursday I realized that if I changed my defense to my lowest (2* L23 Eddie only) I should get more attacks, moving me down, so I could at least get more wins for frags to convert, but even that didn't net me very many attacks. I see some others here had that same idea.
    I'm going to just leave my defense that way just so I can work on the Eternity souls.

This new event hasn't started out much better.
    Run the best XP grinding mission I can see (Soulless March, Hard) and after about 55-60 runs I've gotten 2 x 5 fragment drops.
    With that math, it's going to take about 500 runs to get enough for a soul.
    Even if I had that much time, that's a lot of work for a 1* idol or heart. True, I did get a 3* idol the other day, but the other 6-8 were all 1*.
    Maybe there's some secret I'm missing, some special mission that awards frags more than others.
    I guess it's really just supposed to be a small bonus for new players, as I can't see any incentive for vets to run the story missions.

The Undead part isn't so bad, yet anyway; got 30 frags out of 8 Skull runs from my 6 available. This is pretty much not possible for me either, especially as I spent a shedload on expanding character and talisman slots just before the event started.
    Oh well, more frags to convert.

So, okay, I'm still a newer player, and the PVP event wasn't really designed for me.
    I have gotten a couple decent characters, and now a Pharaoh, so I suppose I can't really complain too much.
    Still, not sure how I can ever get the last 5 frags for a Legendary soul, since they only come from mission challenges, yet no more of the mission challenges award legendary frags. Not sure I'm really worried about it anyway, since I did buy the one lifetime Legendary and got a dupe.
    How shit is that? I had about 5 out of the 60-ish characters available and I got a dupe!

I'm a fairly casual player, and always will be.
    I don't have the time or money to be a top tier competitor.
    I dropped $45-$50 the first week in the game for the two newbie bundles. Coming from a MMO background, that's about 3 month's worth of spending.
    I got a lot more game for my money with the MMOs.

Now that I think about it, it's definitely making me think twice about spending any more money here.
    This came a long way from where I thought I was going to go.

This is also part of what I am getting at. Bang for my buck isn't there. And yeah I have spent probably 50$ in game myself.

About the event yes it was decent because it was hard. But I do think it was a little too much. Grinding is absolutely not my idea of enjoyment. Done many 100s of hours in multiple mmo's etc. it sucks. Grinding in the arena basically allowed me to double check the bugs I have reported were still there.

Constant events gets old when there isn't a point to it other than to collect a new character or a new talisman. Has anyone else noticed that there isn't a storyline anymore? So everything we are doing is well for nothing within the game. Also a left over item from mmo's.

I’m with OP on this one. i played arena much more than i usually do all week long and finished with JUST 360 fragments after about 250 wins. at least i’ve got 2,9 tricksters,like 3 SSs and some souls for the sacrifice. but the chopper was just avoiding me.

a massive disappointment for such a big effort from my side. it was exhausting...