Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

This Week in PvP - Passing the Torch

Hey all,

I don't have much to comment on this week because - frankly - I wasn't there. I farmed SQ enough to get the G UR, but that was about it and haven't touched the game in four days. My apologies to Troopers but if I'm to stay at all involved at all in this game I needed a break.

And it was very much needed.

So on that note - I'm going to be following the trend of going "casual". At this point I'm not exactly sure what that means. I'll go back to playing my Troopers, because that's a few clicks of a button, and try to play enough PvP matches to do two things

1) Reset at 1900
    2) Reset my mind to view this game as just that - a game - and not a preoccupation.

That may change - whether it change in a few days - a week - or a month. I certainly have that competitive streak and am hoping taking it down a notch will prevent burnout and return with a new fire. I think I'll at least be able to do free SoW. If not I'll do what others have done - move on and say that was a great ride.

So my point in starting a PvP thread with a bunch of yada yada yada about myself is I've been generally writing these threads - with the exception of a summer break - and that's going to stop. I skipped last week and many thanks to Askora for taking the torch and running with it. I think they've been a really great "water cooler" for people to discuss the arena and lets be honest - despite new offerings like BNW - this game has become about the arena.

I would nominate Mjmxiii, Askora, or Slauki (if he really wants to hone those English skills) - but I guess that's for everyone to work out amongst themselves.

Thanks and see you (just a little less) in the arena!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Well fuck me! Not u 2??? Been my experience that casual does not end well! Hope ur different! Besides hockey started, gotta do somethin while watchin the game. Gunna miss ur posts...BIG TIME!!!
    Won't ruin ur thread with a bunch of negativity, let's just say top 25 with zero refills is pathetic! Ur not the only one not playin!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    That sucks Niko, but understandable. I find myself being very disinterested in the arena until Friday night/Saturday. It's a chore to play actually. Especially with the bugs, game freezes, server errors, etc.

Definitely miss your post around here.

OS
    iOS
    Same feelings here so totally understand you Nicko! This game has never been worse to play! Decided for myself to change some things that keep me playing with at least a little fun. That’s what you already mentioned, playing PvP only for minimum of 1.9 k pts at reset, hunting a little for ICs and over this setting a fun defense cool to watch and easy to beat. Don’t care bout rankings, points or 0 % defense rate and worked quite well for me 😜 this week game here froze in pvp mostly after I already won a fight or fight didn’t even start, every time counted as loss for me. Wrote several reports to support, but didn’t get a satisfying answer so far.

Nevertheless, congrats for podium to zamasu, caretakerii & Frankie. Don’t know if points have ever been that low, what says everything. Hope this will very soon be better again so finally

!!!!!!! FIX THIS GAME NF !!!!!!!!
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    First, congrats to Zamasu for top spot, and to Caretaker and Frankie for rounding out the podium.

Major bummer to see the thread start the way it did. I understand the feelings Nicko, and with much less time under my belt. You're basically the father of this thread, which has been a great water cooler for the week's end. I'm honored to be one of the people suggested to continue the tradition. That said, hopefully someone else takes up the challenge. I may still start one at times, but I think there are others who are better suited.

I'd noticed that Nicko seemed to be far less active in arena. Still think you need to take eternal at least once. I've considered doing that, even though with so many top players gone or casual play it seems like it would be a hollow victory. Since I've switched play style somewhat it has helped. So, hopefully you'll find some motivation again at least long enough for eternal and another Wrath. Hopefully find some humor in that. My guess is trooper (And the dupe solution) isn't coming until December when the trooper figure gets released. Hopefully at least get night city by then as the new toons seem to be part of that.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I'm wordy like that.

Cheers!

OS
    iOS
    Good to know that you’re doing well man is the first time that I seen 4 days of inactivity from you now I wonder what all the guys copying your defenses are going to do thinking is not something they like to do -just enjoy going casual this game don’t require every day practice to keep your skills sharp

OS
    Android
    No better time to take a break than now Nicko. Arena is a joke right now, not even going to waste my time talking about it. Maybe when you get back, the game will be playable and you can chase down that long overdue Eternal. Congratulations to zamasu for a much deserved Eternal this week.
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    Android
    I know many of us can relate to what you mention Nicko and when it becomes a chore it's good to create some space and take a look at how it became that.
    It's nice to see that you are well and you know the game will be there any week that you feel like playing it or taking a challenge.
    And that's the idea, to enjoy it for whatever reason.
    To put long hours and fight bugs as if it was a feature is not really fun (at least not for me) and only worth it up to a certain point.
    This is a nice game we have troopers which are amazing and this is all great you know, but it's still a game, so enjoy it as you go... from here to eternity .

Congrats to Zamasu, Caretakerii & Frankie well done!.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    Android
    Hi there,

Congrats to Zamasu and the others on the podium!

Nicko, about you going casual...

All I have to say is that I totally understand it. In the end the game is all about Arena, you're right, and there is no incentive for us to push as hard as we can. Bugs, bad rewards and now the total exposure of our offenses... makes no sense to go crazy about it.

Having said that, I do like a lot last grinding events (blue/gunner buzz, gunner chopper, blue Valkyrie), gave us something to aim for and explored different aspects of the game. (sacrifice, arena, LoL, gold) This is good. I kind of switch my focus from Arena to farming... lol. It's fun and more relaxed way to go about the game.

Anyway, I hope you find it in you the will to play again, especially if the game gets better. Until then, you'll be missed, A LOT. Wish you luck.

Oh and yeah, but get one Eternal first! We all want t see that!

Cheers
    gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 10-08-2017 at 08:14 PM.

OS
    Android
    I still do not see why exposing the attack team is a big deal. It tells us what characters are being used for our specific defense. Plus let me go through my defense list, Look that guy used the prisioner let me copy that oh wait don't have him, Hey this person used a wrath let me copy his attack team oh wait can't do that either. I guess it only helps the real end gamers and top of the arena people who all use the same defense but even then I figure most people are good enough they can figure out the best offense possible anyway.

So again I ask what really is the big deal seeing what attacked you I don't think I looked at one offense and thought man I should copy their idea.