Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    We were not troopers but as others say your alternative defences were always cool.. personally i don t like extreme choices (aka delete all) like you did and Osiris before you.. but oh well i understand your reasons
    Wish u all the best !
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    iOS
    I think we were troopers at one time, and we've had many battles in the arena. I completely understand.

Tonight just compounds another reason to quit. The game is unplayable at the moment. Another arena loss because of a crash after a win. The game is a cluster*%#* at the moment!

Best to you Ovy. Props for going cold turkey. It's the only way to go. No turning back.

OS
    Android
    Thanks much for the kind words guys.

This was fun while the fun lasted. I'm realizing now as I'm more sober that it wasn't the crash per se, but the fact that there was nothing really to look forward to. The crash just triggered that question, given the continued investment of time that this game demands. I have (or had) all the characters I could want, sitting on a pile of souls not feeling like opening them and a pile of skill shards; a next band of misfit defenders was not on the horizon and as I'd mentioned before I didn't feel like being creative on attack with the forced disclosure of offense and had been just using my defense to attack for the past month. And of course, no joy in PvE, where even the rather oddball BnW battles still feel like cheating on NF's part, with only replenishing shield bosses to really fear.

And I was unfair when I called the characters paper cutouts, I had some real attachment to some of them. Those Possessed Rockets that you guys mentioned, which I'd sharded as a move of desperation back in the SSD/AoP days when I had no Prisoner because you could put two sets of Immunity on them then get out of the taunt fest with Accuracy Down. But unexpectedly found themselves in the lead of a 30%+ defense and on occasion a wickedly fast offense too. Then the Cyborg/Astra pair that too overachieved, at 40%+, so full of meta.

But most of all, I owed to that Pharaoh. You see, on my second start of the game after a week of going nowhere, I splurged on a then-$6 starter Legendary Pack, and out comes the Pharaoh. I only later realized how incredibly lucky that was. That guy carried me through the entire game and won all my PvP offensive battles other than the aforementioned defense/offense. Never seriously complained about the RnG after that.

Anyways, that was my eulogy for the team. It was fun, it really was, and I'll miss it for sure. But wonderful things are happening right now in real life, and they deserve my full attention. Sometimes you just have to cut the cord.

Best,
    ovy

OS
    iOS
    Bummer.

You were a great Trooper. Thanks for all the badges.
    Hope all goes well for you out there in the real world.

OS
    iOS
    Nice outro! Enjoy the RL man!