OS
    Android

Night City, The Silent Planet, Eddie, and Essence from 3* characters.

So I've been moseying my way around in the forums today, procrastinating playing the game itself, and I've noticed a few things that I would like to talk about.

Let's start with Night City.
    The post that Leviathan made at the beginning of 2017 covered a bunch of topics that had yet to be released at the time, like PvP, Sacrifice, Fragments, Brave New World, etc. And all of these promises have so far been lived up to. Except for Night City anyways. I'm not going to make a post about how I'm so angry that this hasn't come out yet because I have a feeling that the longer you wait for something, the better it will be when it arrives. After all, we were stunned when Brave New World dropped and although that dungeon isn't really that fun to play, it is still an awesome dungeon. But you would think that we would get some kind of info regarding it lately, especially due to the fact that it's a part of the main storyline.

When BNW came out we also got to see another dungeon called the Silent Planet. Now to this day I still have no idea what to expect from there or when it would arrive. As for what to expect, there's an opportunity to have this area be all about fragments. So, rare, legendary, g/a, or even precious soul fragments could be grind able in this place. Even fragments for skill shards would be a nice addition. That's my opinion on what it could hold.

So about our beloved main character(s) Eddie. I saw in the game update history that there was usually a new Eddie every month, but ever since Mystic Eddie came out back in June, there haven't been any more releases since then. So far, 24 Eddies have been released and though I'm not familiar with all of his many personas, I know there's room for many more to be released. So why hasn't there been any word on that? As far as I know, the next Eddie we see will be Trooper Eddie, from fragments that work like Eternity Eddie. Even then, it'll still be at least another month or two before he comes out.

And finally, about essence value. So, the latest Pumpkin event got me thinking about ways to do sacrifice events. Sooner or later there ought to be an event makes all of the essence requirements cost half as much as they normally do. For example, an exalted sacrifice would cost 10k as opposed to 20k and so on. Therefore we would have access to more rewards and have a chance at higher tiers for a short time. I got the idea after looking as the essence curve between a 3* character and a 4* character. There's such a big difference between the two that it makes all tiers between 2 and 5 not worth the sacrifice in my opinion. Since the average player doesn't get many premium toons, it's difficult to make big sacrifices when the same characters could be saved for bigger ones. I learned that 5 stars are meant for Ultimate, 4 stars are meant for Exalted, and 3 stars or less are best used for Petty.

I like to think of it like this, maxing out one natural 3* character should much rather result in at least 900 essence due to just how long it takes for us to get materials to make them so strong. That way, maxing 10 of them would be enough to juuust cover a Grand Sacrifice. That way, we can get a decent enough trade off and not have it be too broken.

900 essence at level 100 for a 3 star is half as much as a brand new 4 star character. That would make rare souls slightly more valuable (especially for those who buy them) because 3* characters would be not completely useless. And it would make the lesser seen tiers more covered.
    Last edited by Amarthir; 10-17-2017 at 11:28 PM.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Night City is like the Sasquatch... fun to think about, but probably not something that will ever be confirmed as a real thing.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

Regarding Eddies, one of the main reason we had a lot coming out in that first year is wanting to fill out all of the rarity + class combinations for the usual Souls with at least one Eddie (for 3 star and above). We want to make sure that, for new and existing players, all kinds of souls have a mid-term and long-term draw to be able to get one of those iconic personas, so since we have mostly accomplished that goal, we've now we've slowed down a bit on Eddies so we can focus more on allies (since Eddies are iconic and important to the game and to the IP, but are typically a minority of the characters you worry about using in any given battle). That said, while you're right that we've had quite the gap, we've definitely got more coming, both in the short term and the mid term, with some of them related to certain features (like Trooper Eddie) and others who will be available in the usual Souls.

Regarding your Sacrifice suggestion... one of the main motivations for adding the feature is making sure dupes are valuable, especially high rarity dupes. That said, you do bring a compelling case for how it could be great to add value to the more common 3 star dupes if you've seriously invested in them, and I thiiiiiink that kind of thing could be possible with how the feature has been implemented?.. I'll keep that in mind as we plan future events at the very least, so thanks for the great suggestion.

Sadly, I don't have anything I can report regarding Night City and Silent Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Night City is like the Sasquatch... fun to think about, but probably not something that will ever be confirmed as a real thing.
    You're killin' me here, mate.

OS
    iOS
    The sacrifice suggestion is an excellent one and would fit well, for me anyway, with how I play the game and use sacrifice. The other points are also good to and I would love to see some more iconic Eddie's at play. Still I have a several to get still from the current roster so events around getting some of the hard to get ones (for me anyway!) like Cyborg, VHE and Rainmaker (see a pattern there - they are all Assassins or Gunner coz I have terrible luck with those souls and have since the beginning...though I did get a Prisoner very early on which was my biggest pull at the time).

Some great ideas for sure and yeah like you all out there, new story based output would be great...maybe a xmas present to us all!?!?!?!?! LOL

Cheers
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Regarding Eddies, one of the main reason we had a lot coming out in that first year is wanting to fill out all of the rarity + class combinations for the usual Souls with at least one Eddie (for 3 star and above). We want to make sure that, for new and existing players, all kinds of souls have a mid-term and long-term draw to be able to get one of those iconic personas, so since we have mostly accomplished that goal, we've now we've slowed down a bit on Eddies so we can focus more on allies (since Eddies are iconic and important to the game and to the IP, but are typically a minority of the characters you worry about using in any given battle). That said, while you're right that we've had quite the gap, we've definitely got more coming, both in the short term and the mid term, with some of them related to certain features (like Trooper Eddie) and others who will be available in the usual Souls.

Regarding your Sacrifice suggestion... one of the main motivations for adding the feature is making sure dupes are valuable, especially high rarity dupes. That said, you do bring a compelling case for how it could be great to add value to the more common 3 star dupes if you've seriously invested in them, and I thiiiiiink that kind of thing could be possible with how the feature has been implemented?.. I'll keep that in mind as we plan future events at the very least, so thanks for the great suggestion.

Sadly, I don't have anything I can report regarding Night City and Silent Planet.
    Thanks for the response and I'm glad one of my suggestions was a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    The sacrifice suggestion is an excellent one and would fit well, for me anyway, with how I play the game and use sacrifice. The other points are also good to and I would love to see some more iconic Eddie's at play. Still I have a several to get still from the current roster so events around getting some of the hard to get ones (for me anyway!) like Cyborg, VHE and Rainmaker (see a pattern there - they are all Assassins or Gunner coz I have terrible luck with those souls and have since the beginning...though I did get a Prisoner very early on which was my biggest pull at the time).

Some great ideas for sure and yeah like you all out there, new story based output would be great...maybe a xmas present to us all!?!?!?!?! LOL

Cheers
    I'm missing all of the storyline Eddies +Coalgiver and 1 from each class, being Samurai, Visions, Mystic, Aces High and Rainmaker. Sad part is, I'd still have Aces High, Samurai and Visions had I not gotten rid of them during a time of uncertainty.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Sparton, speaking of filling out all of the rarity + class combinations, should we expect a 4* Assassin Eddie soon? And maybe a 4* Warrior too, if Regular Eddie doesn't count as that. ;-)
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Sparton, speaking of filling out all of the rarity + class combinations, should we expect a 4* Assassin Eddie soon? And maybe a 4* Warrior too, if Regular Eddie doesn't count as that. ;-)
    Not any time soon. I think most of the next ones on the docket are 5* characters (since all of our feature-associated ones we've added post launch are built with that quality in mind), but I know we'll want to return to fill up those 4* holes and bolster them and the other 4* + class combos as well.

OS
    Android
    Trooper Eddie is also Sasquatch... I won't believe it til I see it.

And by the way, the pumpkins sucked. I got a total of 4 pumpkins, I farmed LoL for souls and got the worst soul drops in my entire time of playing, which resulted in terrible sacrificing totals.

Sorry to my troopers for yesterday and today, but I'm not happy with LOTB right now. I'm just worn out on grinding nonstop for bad luck.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572