Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Casulties Are Inevitable

That's what I am going to become if I don't walk away from this game for a while, a casualty. It would be nice if I logged on in a few days and there was something major that changed about the game and its many issues. It almost feels like we are being strung along at times and that isn't a very good feeling... it feels like I'm helping them fool me and convincing myself that the limitations are good as long as the events and same must-have-never-use chars with different colors keep coming. The most minor of flaws about the game have begun to bother me and the fun is at an all-time low...

I would like to have faith in the team as they seem like good people but after a year of trying to be optimistic and supportive, it's like pulling teeth at this point... I will be pleasantly surprised if this new update really does solve a lot of the games issues. However, even if it did, I am doubtful that the game could feel new again. The whole thing has taken on a same shit, different day vibe..

While I'm not leaving, I'm just not gonna clock in religiously and keep giving time and money to these cats without some decent compensation in return. If my hiatus begins to be an issue please feel free to swap me out. My troops are awesome and I recommend you guys team up if you aren't already teammates. I will hold no grudges!

Luckily for me, the LA Kings are back and playing well and the LA Dodgers are the hottest team in the MLB and well on their way back to the Series for the first time in decades! Happy times! Cheers to all you lifers out there and thanks for all those badges guys!!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    No problems here. I've got plenty of badges so not worried about losing a few. Enjoy the break.

Actually, your post got me thinking. I took a break that was shorter than I originally thought it would be (a week vs. a month). I think sometimes we take getting the badges to our troopers too seriously, as well as trying to keep current in the game. I've been playing for 10 months, not sure when you started. But for all the long time players, I think a break or casual play for a while is a great thing. Burn out is inevitable playing every day and trying to make sure we get all 50 troopers. Imagine if your job required you to work every day for a year or more, it's about the same thing. We get breaks from work and vacation, so no reason it shouldn't apply here. Can't really bash NF for the daily login requirement as most of the freemium games have a similar mechanism. Hopefully they'll have the 2 troopers at a time in this update or the next and will make the daily requirement a little easier.

OS
    Android
    Shit, not you too mj, there won't be a decent trooper left in a few months with the current rhythm. Forums already look like a graveyard lately.
    Can't say that i don't understand the reason though. Well enjoy the extra time, i got no problem if you won't send me badges everyday.

Have fun.
    Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
    Silent the terror that reigned-marbled in stone
    Shell of a man God preserved-a thousand ages
    But open the gates of my hell-I will strike from the grave.

OS
    iOS
    I’ve been feeling the same way. I log in and auto my troopers everyday, but that’s about it. Even that’s becoming a chore. If it wasn’t for this forum and the great troopers I’ve met through it, I wouldn’t be a daily player.

Let’s hope today’s “extended maintenance” brings good things.

Edit:

Last edited by MrFreeze; 10-19-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii
    Luckily for me, the LA Kings are back and playing well and the LA Dodgers are the hottest team in the MLB and well on their way back to the Series for the first time in decades! Happy times! Cheers to all you lifers out there and thanks for all those badges guys!!
    What? No love for the LA CHARGERS?

I know what you’re feeling. Everyday I think, ‘maybe today I should put this “game” aside.’

-right after I run though my Troopers....

It’s coming....

OS
    Android
    The Kings may be back but the Leafs are #1!!! Take as long as u need, badges will be there. Keep in touch bud!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 10-19-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    He sure wasn't joking about the forum being a graveyard, since yesterday when I posted there has only been like 4 new posts. That's crazy, usually there's like 50 new posts when I log in here.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    I know the feeling MJ, that's why I cut my troopers to 30. I cannot take the thought of grinding 50 every day and still playing arena as well. I'm happy to keep you onboard anyway, youve always been a loyal and reliable trooper, not to mention a pretty cool bloke on the forums.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    Android
    I understand mjmxiii. Will keep you around for a bit regardless. Nothing bad about going casual for a bit. Enjoy!
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by LandCrusher70 View Post
    What? No love for the LA CHARGERS?
    Nah lol... from Texas and grew up with the Cowboys. I know, I know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    The Kings may be back but the Leafs are #1!!!
    Cuz they got the best Shark ever man! Marleau been killing us for years, enjoy having him around!

BTW, reading that update discussion thread is depressing. I'm gonna go watch a moovie...
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619