Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    I think you mentioned elsewhere that fragment functionality would be difficult for talismans. How about new Achievements that award sets of different, rare talismans for every X number of Floor 10 clears in the respective BNW dungeons? That still lets you guys control the mean, without the collateral damage of having a huge variance.
    Well, we already have achievements where we give you a whole set of some of these already. There's not too much point to having more than one of sets like Rage or Zone, so I'm not sure we'd want to guarantee one of each set from achievements, because that just circumvents the whole idea of getting them from grinding in Brave New World.

Obviously this becomes a problem as content starts asking for having specific setups, but the Missions (and Crimson Pharaoh Dog) are not limited time additions; they'll be there for you for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    The Assassin Mayan Priestess' Power move is called 'Suffication' (sic). I suppose it should be Suffocation? Or is this a word I (and my spellchecker) have never heard of?
    Whoops, this is what happen when I do a lot of my work in spreadsheet software that doesn't have spellcheck; my inability to spell starts to become more obvious.

I've prepared a fix for a subsequent release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Missions are referring to Zone Eater Talismans, while their proper name is Zone Talismans (Zone Eater is the name of their ability).
    Good catch as well; I've prepared a fix for that and flagged that to be corrected in other languages too.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    How about keeping the more common talismans out of floors VII and above (less or no overlap) as one measure? I did GoL VII last night and got another Guard talisman, something I do not need. Having a more common talisman potentially drop means the rarer ones like immunity, chance or shell are even less likely to, no? Also how many rewards are we meant to be getting from floor VII again, is it 2-4?
    People haaaaated not getting talismans of any kind, and actually asked to be able to more easily get lower-tier talismans in the higher floors, so we acquiesced accordingly (and apparently it's still not enough). I think there's more support in them being there if not (and if you don't want 'em, just sell them on the spot from the loot popup for some extra Gold). We agree that we don't want to flood you with lower-floor talismans, though, so it's a difficult balance to strike, and thus they're still relatively rare.

They're not making the rarer ones less likely, though. The drop rate of the main talismans for a given floor is explicitly controlled to produce a chance that will meet certain targets for "average amount of runs per set", and the probability of other kinds of rewards are judged to ensure those rare talismans drop at the intended frequency.

All Brave New World floors drop 3-4 rewards, but you'll sometimes only see 1 or 2 stacks of rewards if the same kind of reward is rolled more than once (for example, 3 star yellow XP rune x8 + 4 star green XP rune x4 + 4 star green XP rune x4 [3 rewards] = 3 star yellow XP rune x8 + 4 star green XP rune x8 [2 stacks of items]).

The only thing I remember is maybe Wickerman Eddie was on both teams? Does he have some special ability to overcome immunity though? If its not a bug can you explain how it maybe be possible to occur? Because here I am thinking that immunity means just that, immunity from negative effects
    No one has the (intended) ability to place negative effects through Immunity. However, we've had problems in the past where certain methods of applying negative effects got around Immunity (for example, Grievous Burns able to Stun the unstunnable Sentinel Harpy). If such a bug exists, though, we need to know more about what characters/effects were being used to investigate it further.

There's also the matter of getting Immunity could appear to happen at the same time as gaining a negative effect (end of one turn applying something while start of the next turn applying something else), which can make it look like negative effects are being applied to an Immune character, but it's just the game isn't visually showing those separate steps of combat resolution as separate. While the visual timing of something is something we want to improve, in this case combat is functioning as intended (since Immunity is gained after gaining a negative effect, and gaining Immunity doesn't remove negative effects).

Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    Christmas is coming!! and the game had have major great updates, but also not so good ones. I propose a "Thank you gift" from NF, for those loyal players/customers that have been playing this game until this point. And what a better way to say "thank you" than give us a fragment event, one that will reward a "pick your character soul". This could be a one time deal, I bet you will make us players very happy.

Please consider this idea, I know it has been brought up before and what a great time to implement it than the holiday season!
    Sadly, we don't have the tech do that idea justice, but we're implementing something close for a subset of powerful characters in the coming months. Perhaps it could eventually be extended to something like that; we'll see!

OS
    Android
    Seriously??!! Why is a team of Pharaoh, warrior CotD, wickerman, and clairvoyant not having their passives blocked at the start of a PvP match while i'm using prisoner?? That ruined the first match, guess what? The second match the passive block worked and I won.

These fucking bugs are driving me insane. They are wasting my time. They are wasting my SOW.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Here is another stupid one. How the hell can someone counter when I just stole their counter effect? The counter disappeared from above him BEFORE he countered.

Does that really make sense to anyone?
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank Brew View Post
    Seriously??!! Why is a team of Pharaoh, warrior CotD, wickerman, and clairvoyant not having their passives blocked at the start of a PvP match while i'm using prisoner?? That ruined the first match, guess what? The second match the passive block worked and I won.

These fucking bugs are driving me insane. They are wasting my time. They are wasting my SOW.
    The extra turn passive and increase attack?
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    The extra turn passive and increase attack?
    Yes... They weren't blocked in the first round, and that CotD did some damage, which wasn't supposed to happen.
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Two bugs :

Witch Doctor passive doesn't work, specially against stun, and sometimes against freeze and taunt.
    No passive block no prisoner against him.

Daily free rewards doesn't work as shown below:

Name:  photostudio_1509668171602.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  135.1 KB

OS
    Android
    I know they mentioned the daily reward should get fixed this week, my question is when do we find out what is planned for November. Hoping the trooper souls come out this month.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    People haaaaated not getting talismans of any kind, and actually asked to be able to more easily get lower-tier talismans in the higher floors, so we acquiesced accordingly (and apparently it's still not enough). I think there's more support in them being there if not (and if you don't want 'em, just sell them on the spot from the loot popup for some extra Gold). We agree that we don't want to flood you with lower-floor talismans, though, so it's a difficult balance to strike, and thus they're still relatively rare.

They're not making the rarer ones less likely, though. The drop rate of the main talismans for a given floor is explicitly controlled to produce a chance that will meet certain targets for "average amount of runs per set", and the probability of other kinds of rewards are judged to ensure those rare talismans drop at the intended frequency.

No one has the (intended) ability to place negative effects through Immunity. However, we've had problems in the past where certain methods of applying negative effects got around Immunity (for example, Grievous Burns able to Stun the unstunnable Sentinel Harpy). If such a bug exists, though, we need to know more about what characters/effects were being used to investigate it further.

There's also the matter of getting Immunity could appear to happen at the same time as gaining a negative effect (end of one turn applying something while start of the next turn applying something else), which can make it look like negative effects are being applied to an Immune character, but it's just the game isn't visually showing those separate steps of combat resolution as separate. While the visual timing of something is something we want to improve, in this case combat is functioning as intended (since Immunity is gained after gaining a negative effect, and gaining Immunity doesn't remove negative effects).
    I dont agree about the talismans but I know I can't change your mind and realise you can't make everyone happy either. Its just personally if I wanted strength, health, iron, etc talismans its far easier, cheaper and more worthwhile to get them from campaign than BNW. There they are guaranteed to be 3* on madness, in BNW for at least double the SoT I'm getting those same talismans but they are only 2 star, it doesn't take a genius to work out that math doesn't add up. Not even worth selling really...

As for the more rarer and valuable talismans, Ive been trying to complete a set of immunity and shell from GoL but havent seen either. I'm relying on troopers to complete missions where I need to use immunity talismans. If thats how you intend the game to be so be it I guess. I know there isnt a time limit on them but I can't see myself ever completing all current missions though, I'm more likely to give the game away than continue grinding out of sheer desperation.

Finally regarding immunity and gaining negative effects, I definitely had immunity before gaining the negative effects, rather than gaining negative effects then gaining the immunity. For one, MCR has immunity for 2 rounds as a passive. Secondly I had artillery dog on my team both times which also brings immunity from the beginning. I'm pretty sure its a bug myself. I'll keep an eye out for it and try to take a picture of opposing teams, date/time and other details next time to get a better idea of what might be going on. Thanks for your response.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmar View Post
    Two bugs :

Witch Doctor passive doesn't work, specially against stun, and sometimes against freeze and taunt.

Name:  photostudio_1509668171602.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  135.1 KB
    I’m having this same problem since the November monthly reset. Daily rewards were working fine for me and the suddenly stopped working after yesterday’s reset. Sigh!!!

I sent a ticket to support...hope they can fix it.

I dont agree about the talismans but I know I can't change your mind and realise you can't make everyone happy either. Its just personally if I wanted strength, health, iron, etc talismans its far easier, cheaper and more worthwhile to get them from campaign than BNW. There they are guaranteed to be 3* on madness, in BNW for at least double the SoT I'm getting those same talismans but they are only 2 star, it doesn't take a genius to work out that math doesn't add up. Not even worth selling really...

As for the more rarer and valuable talismans, Ive been trying to complete a set of immunity and shell from GoL but havent seen either. I'm relying on troopers to complete missions where I need to use immunity talismans. If thats how you intend the game to be so be it I guess. I know there isnt a time limit on them but I can't see myself ever completing all current missions though, I'm more likely to give the game away than continue grinding out of sheer desperation.
    The lowest floor talismans which are also available in the campaign are definitely there more for new players, with the mid-floors being able to better fill out secondary characters if they're in the Brave New World for runes.

On the subject of rarity of the higher-tier, though, based on the discussion in this thread, Kaz has asked me to review the talisman drop rates and make them a bit more common again. While those changes won't go live soon, it's something on my radar to improve.

Finally regarding immunity and gaining negative effects, I definitely had immunity before gaining the negative effects, rather than gaining negative effects then gaining the immunity. For one, MCR has immunity for 2 rounds as a passive. Secondly I had artillery dog on my team both times which also brings immunity from the beginning. I'm pretty sure its a bug myself. I'll keep an eye out for it and try to take a picture of opposing teams, date/time and other details next time to get a better idea of what might be going on. Thanks for your response.
    Yeah, if you screenshot immediately after and give us a brief description of what happened leading into that screenshot, that usually gives us a lot of the info needed to track down an issue, and date/time also helps.

It's important to note that his passive will only trigger if he is stunned/frozen. It won't trigger if he's not stunned but an ally is.

If this is not what you're observing, we will need more details about the situation you saw it not working to be able to troubleshoot further.

Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    I’m having this same problem since the November monthly reset. Daily rewards were working fine for me and the suddenly stopped working after yesterday’s reset. Sigh!!!
    As JJJ428 noted above, we're aware of the situation and should have a fix out soon (probably showing up at some point tomorrow in the stores). I'll post in this thread when we know the hotfix is starting to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    [...] my question is when do we find out what is planned for November. Hoping the trooper souls come out this month.
    We'll be sharing details about November events within the next day or so. Keep an eye on that News Feed (which has moved to the top-right of the main HUB, beside Options).