Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Z is gonna bitch about the current Gauntlet Fortnight.

t-f’in-l;dr: My three fully sharded and fully tails teams lost on Gauntlet Level D. I’m pissed about it.

To preface, I love the Gauntlet. It is the BEST game addition since I’ve started playing in April of 17. It buttresses my decision to keep and build up all the toons that I’ve collected. I like the strategy of picking the right toons for the battle in front of you.

The last two fortnights I’ve finished in AA. Top 250 or something. This fortnight looked cool with Assassin and Warrior toons. Not my strongest, but I felt confident. I stared when the new Gauntlet came out on 9/30. Expectedly, blew through F and E levels, then I got to D. (only Assassin and Warriors) I tore through the first two battles without much resistance. Then I got to this one:

Name:  Gauntlet.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  42.8 KB

Nonchalantly, I went in with Samurai, Belze, AOF and ACotD. (All max’ed Talismans, all fully Sharded.) They won the spin, (they won ALL spins) and my team got utterly destroyed. 4 turns I think. After 2 though, it was clear it was a loss. Samurai was KO’ed the entire time. Never even got a turn with him.

So, I took this team more seriously; and put together a “better” team. Wanted a team that could deal with Didlo-alus more effectively. Iron Eddie to lead, plus Sekhmet, A-NBoL (both of whom got fully sharded for the occasion) and WUR. I already have a fully sharded WUR that I used in battle 2; so I didn’t spend on him, but the whole team had max talismans. I’d like to remind you, this is level D!!!

I took out both revivers and it got down to a full health IE versus Dildo-alus. Dildo-alus KO’ed my IE, and on the third turn when my IE woke up he took me out. 0 for fucking 2.

All this happened on the 30th, or early morning of the 1st. I was mad. Pissed. FUCKING ANGRY!!! Ok, if this was level A fine, but fucking level D!!! KISS MY FUCKING ASS!! I wrote my “quit this fucking game” post in my head. Then re-wrote it. Refined it, and wrote it again. WTF!! Level D?!?!? Gottabefuckingkiddingme!!!!

So, like a bitch, I kept playing. This week brought the LOL event. To start this week, I didn’t have Warrior Lilith. (Gotten at least three of every other, see my sig for that nonsense.) I thought she could be the difference in this dumb-assery so I went all in this week. 2500+ Ironite later I got three Lilith Souls. (Green, Green, and Gold) %%*#)@#%$^&!!!!!!! So I bought Warrior Lilith with FCs.

I then sharded her, her sister the Assassin, Beast Eddie, (all three I spent shards on) and pulled in my already sharded WCotD. Put max’ed out eternals on A-Lilith, Echo and Health on W-Lilith, already had Shadow and Trap on Beast Eddie, and two sets of Strength and Advantage Talis on WCotD. The third set of fully sharded and fully tails team going after a LEVEL D TEAM!!!

We lost the spin, as noted earlier, and it was close for a bit. They took out W-Lilith first two toon attacks. When my turn came around I used Beast to revive her and after her strike, WCotD took out Claire. A Lilith was KO’ed. Their next turn, for some reason Breeg Eddie didn’t fury and raise Claire. Just normal attack. Dildo hit and MCotd put up the blizzard shield. Low on health for all but A Lilith, I hit back, took out Breeg with my COTD and hit with the rest of the team focused on Dildo. He had no health in his bar, but still lived. MCotD put up blizzard shields. Dildo healed, then hit back, took out all but A Lilith and it was done then. She held up (four turns, two of which she was KO’ed) but it was over when my killers died.

Level D, 11/12 toons fully sharded all of them with max’ed Talismans. 0-3. That’s my fortnight.

A quote from an 80s movie, Bull Durham: “Fuck this fucking game!!”

Thanks for reading, this was cathartic for me…..
    Z
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    You could try using ragna, she Grant's immunity to the team from burns. That was a tip that shaolin gave me at a higher level and it worked. Immunity from dads burns kill Clair to stop revives.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    You could try using ragna, she Grant's immunity to the team from burns. That was a tip that shaolin gave me at a higher level and it worked. Immunity from dads burns kill Clair to stop revives.
    Thanks Muzzle, I'll keep that in mind next I see him. Not sure I have the toons nor the will to try it again, if I do I'll let you know.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    iOS
    If I’m doing well all it takes is a lost battle or 2 and I’m done until gauntlet resets. I don’t have the depth for it. It’s gonna take a year before I have the depth and thats still no guarantee Id clear it. Gauntlet is nasty but it’s fun and the rewards are cool.

OS
    Android
    I've been playing for over two years as well (collecting characters) last fortnight I made it to AAA 3/6 completed.
    My problem was it was Assasin only and I simply ran out of characters...
    After this event I'm looking a little better with virtually every Eddie skill sharded up and a few more ally's skill sharded as well.
    But I still doubt I'll make it through AAA...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    I've been playing for over two years as well (collecting characters) last fortnight I made it to AAA 3/6 completed.
    My problem was it was Assasin only and I simply ran out of characters...
    After this event I'm looking a little better with virtually every Eddie skill sharded up and a few more ally's skill sharded as well.
    But I still doubt I'll make it through AAA...
    I have a lot of characters but I found the assassin Gauntlet to be the toughest. I just gave up trying to change talis to beat a team with PoM, MCotD, MLillith and Sekhmet. I am emotionally done until reset lol

OS
    Android
    My nemesis is Doomsday ( Endure + Void ), Horus ( Eternal), Osiris ( Shell + Angel ) and Prisoner ( Primordial ... of course) I have tried everything ... and failed. If I manage to kill Osiris, Horus stun disables my team, when I kill Horus, Osiris will bring him back. And when I managed to kill both, Doomsday's fury finished my team. 6 tries and not a single coin toss wins. I hate this game!
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 10-14-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    My tough opponent was in SS league. First battle against DDE, prisoner, Horus and Osirir, lost 3 times, but managed to win. The next battle l lost the first time, went on the next 8 battles were relatively easy. It can be the luck of the draw how each league goes. I even sharded sentital dessert guardian to take care of M lilith passive.

I wouldn't have completed SS without the pumpkin event. I pulled DDE and the beast. The shards from sacs made the difference. Sentinal Golden Sun saved my but with its healing. If you want to play in gauntlet you never know who will come in handy.

Warrior death dog and gunner hellraiser showed their potential. This game is definetly making us play toons that collected dust on the sidelines.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    My tough opponent was in SS league. First battle against DDE, prisoner, Horus and Osirir, lost 3 times, but managed to win. The next battle l lost the first time, went on the next 8 battles were relatively easy. It can be the luck of the draw how each league goes. I even sharded sentital dessert guardian to take care of M lilith passive.

I wouldn't have completed SS without the pumpkin event. I pulled DDE and the beast. The shards from sacs made the difference. Sentinal Golden Sun saved my but with its healing. If you want to play in gauntlet you never know who will come in handy.

Warrior death dog and gunner hellraiser showed their potential. This game is definetly making us play toons that collected dust on the sidelines.
    How did you beat that first team?
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I forgot the whole team, but gunner CotD with primordials took out DDE on the first hit.