Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    RNG giveth and RNG taketh away; that'll remain true for every event

Yeah but for a lot of us all it seems is it taketh away. I hate these events. I have never got one of the characters from any of these events - No Viking, Shaman, Navigator etc. and I hate myself even more because every single time I fall for the "increased chance". I only managed to get them from the Immortal Souls event which I thought was a brilliant event but people were unhappy as they couldn't invest the time in it at the time. I have never managed to pull a Premium Gunner/Assassin Eddie or other "must have" character from G/A souls either. After, what, 15/16 months of playing it is all wearing a little thin now. Meanwhile there are certain players out there who ALWAYS seem to get the brand new shiny character and really quickly as well.

What makes this worse is an admission that these Soul drops are rare anyway and you use BNW as a way of getting them. BNW must be a developers sick joke. Who thought "this will be fun for the player base. A top level boss that will have players sitting there for ages while his shield regenerates every few moves and then, if they do manage to get past the bugs and freezes we will give them f**k all as a reward"! That pretty much sums up LotB - lots of effort put in but very little reward. I play The Walking Dead No Man's Land as well and their main Halloween event knocked spots off this one. Theirs was having the whole playing community having to kill 750 million walkers over a few day period. They even helped us by increasing the number of walkers that you could kill. We did it and we all got a nice shiny powerful weapon, tokens to improve characters and goods to buy weapons with. So, it just seems:

Legacy of the Beast - put lots of effort in for a minute chance of something shiny
    The Walking Dead No Man's Land - put effort in and get some nice shiny stuff to use in game.

I am actually annoyed with myself for typing this. I accepted months ago that my RNG luck is what it is and just carried on playing and trying to have a bit of fun. I won't ever spend any money on this game ever again though, not when I get f**k all from it.

I just can't believe that you guys don't seem to grasp that for the effort people are putting in it would be nice to feel like we get something to show for it. With top levels of BNW, playing Troopers every day, Arena etc. it really is like having a 2nd job.
    Last edited by PerthEddie; 10-31-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthEddie View Post
    ... and other rants ...
    I am not back and after reading a bit in the forums I won't be. I just have really nothing better to do right now and after a few month away I thought I have a look.

Glad to see that absolutely nothing has changed. NF is still exploiting one of the most loyal fanbases out there.

Old bugs are still in - new ones? Most probably - not aware of. The one that baffled me was in BNW where there is still this CR lying at the start of the 4th round if you don't kill her first. Really pathetic.

Player base must be low as well. I logged in last Friday afternoon starting from 0. Within a few hours and 4 or 5 refills I played myself into the top 1000. I think with very little effort I could stay within the top 250. AI hasn't improved a notch - from what I see they just developed bigger guns or more annoying abilities.

At least I joined the right week where Professor Slauki got crowned - very happy for you. I had a good laugh reading your data about BNW where you basically get nothing for endless hours wasted. BNW is no fun at all - I just did a few to clear the missions. But a bit of a read here put me off this task as well. You need talismans that are next to impossible to get - that is (taking the piss)²

I could sacrifice a bit and got in total 35 Halloween souls (also could buy some from the shop with gold I still have). From those souls: Dupe FotD Ed and Gunner Mayan Priestess (new) that seems to be one for the bench.

I was also hoping for the FotD levels are back for Halloween where you can get those Halloween souls. What was I thinking. Of course you get one a day from the more than annoying BNW levels. Spend 15 minutes for some BNW X for 15 3* evo runes ... that was a very good reminder why I take it casual with loooooooooooooong breaks.

Long story short: SNAFU - still a pointless time sink that is little or not rewarded ... I think I stop again after 2nd of November ... can buy 2 more Halloween souls with coins (don't have the cons yet) and that might be worth a shot and after that back to real life. It seems like NF won't ever change their attitude and the only way to force that would be a general strike. But there are way too many addicted hardcore players here for achieving that. They use the argument "RNG" over and over again but won't give details about the rates (many believe they are rigged) - well not everything would have to be RNG. There are players out there playing for month and flushed down hundreds of souls and still missing nice toons. How long do you have to play to get everything? 1000 years 28 hours daily?

p.s: have fun bashing the shit out of my pumpkins - I still had them from last year.

p.p.s: How I was doing the last few month without this daily chore? Great I have to admit. I got so much shit done without having a second unpaid job at LotB and after one week the urge was gone ... In the beginning I also felt much happier without that daily obligation - much easier than quitting smoking! Just 1 more month and I stopped smoking 3 years ago!
    Last edited by hold; 10-31-2017 at 12:09 PM.

OS
    Android
    You have to keep in mind that the closest equivalent to getting an event soul like this typically would cost 100 Ironite in the store. A single refill (which could do at least 5 or 6 runs) only costs 30 Ironite, and you can refill your Sands of Time for free by just waiting 2-3 times per day, so if anyone was expecting them to be raining from the sky after just a handful of battles, that was probably a bit optimistic. Nonetheless, we're considering doing something like having fragments drop (and making them consistent/guaranteed but with some variation in quantity) for future events we want to do in this manner, but it's something I'll investigate more with the team after looking at data across the entirety of the event to see how much players actually were engaging with Sacrifice and Brave New World to seek out the souls.
    It is known by you and your team already that BNW is the most annoying feature of this game, makes us spent a lot of time and SoT for almost no reward and despite of that you force us to play it to get those souls which give us nothing but 3* toons.
    It is a lie if you pretend to have numbers with these event because many people is also playing just to complete the missions, I wouldn't play it just for those useless souls.

There is no a word about the possibility to play troopers faster? Or the possibility not to get dupes in eternal souls? Just tired of getting 3 eternals but Clairvoyant.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthEddie View Post
    I just can't believe that you guys don't seem to grasp that for the effort people are putting in it would be nice to feel like we get something to show for it.
    As Sparton mentioned, we are aware of the time and effort currently required to participate in some of these events and have already started work on features that will help improve this for some of next month's events. Our goal is to create clear reward tiers so that if you just want to play 5 matches of PvP or 10 runs of BNW during the event, you will be guaranteed a certain reward, with additional more valuable rewards at higher tiers beyond that.

-Kaz

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
    It is known by you and your team already that BNW is the most annoying feature of this game, makes us spent a lot of time and SoT for almost no reward...There is no a word about the possibility to play troopers faster? Or the possibility not to get dupes in eternal souls? Just tired of getting 3 eternals but Clairvoyant.

Regarding Brave New World, the majority of the hangs and crashes have been fixed, but there are still a few known issues that will hopefully get resolved by the next release. There will also be some difficulty tuning updates for the higher floors in the next release, which should help dramatically cut down on the time required to clear each floor.

As for the Eternal Soul dupe issue, we will be revealing our plans around that within the next week or so.

The faster use of Troopers is a little further out, but it is on the road map to be worked on in the shorterm.

-Kaz

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    Regarding Brave New World, the majority of the hangs and crashes have been fixed, but there are still a few known issues that will hopefully get resolved by the next release. There will also be some difficulty tuning updates for the higher floors in the next release, which should help dramatically cut down on the time required to clear each floor.

As for the Eternal Soul dupe issue, we will be revealing our plans around that within the next week or so.

The faster use of Troopers is a little further out, but it is on the road map to be worked on in the shorterm.

-Kaz
    Thanks Kaz for your fast answer, will look forward for news next week.

OS
    Android

-Kaz
    that are some very good news kaz, ty for info. looking forward to hear about the plans...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Thanks Kaz for the couple of responses to some questions asked. Your responses sound intruiging
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android

-Kaz
    Great news, thanks for info.

The BNW dungeons are indeed stable now, I was playing today GoF IX for 4 or 5 times in a row, for example, and the game didn't froze as it did before, so it's good. Just the halloween souls drop so hard and they usually reward a 3* character, but this is another issue...

Regarding the Eternals... that's very good news, as I'm tired of getting just Beelze & Claire... Beelze & Claire.... Beelze & Claire.........
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    iOS
    They're intended to be pretty rare, but it seems that because of that, people who are unlucky definitely come up way short compared to what we expect people to get across however many attempts.

You have to keep in mind that the closest equivalent to getting an event soul like this typically would cost 100 Ironite in the store. A single refill (which could do at least 5 or 6 runs) only costs 30 Ironite, and you can refill your Sands of Time for free by just waiting 2-3 times per day, so if anyone was expecting them to be raining from the sky after just a handful of battles, that was probably a bit optimistic. Nonetheless, we're considering doing something like having fragments drop (and making them consistent/guaranteed but with some variation in quantity) for future events we want to do in this manner, but it's something I'll investigate more with the team after looking at data across the entirety of the event to see how much players actually were engaging with Sacrifice and Brave New World to seek out the souls.
    I think this is the crux of the issue, this basically means that our time is worth nothing to you. I'd be a lot happier to buy a soul for 100 and move on than to spend hours away from work, family and friends for a meagre chance at getting one of these souls. I honestly think you should be reconsidering this and extend the event with a better way for people to earn Hallowed Eddie. You don't get how long BNW takes for virtually no reward and no Hallowed Soul...
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/