Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    OS
    Android
    @Patrice: Sincere condolences, may he rest in peace.

Soooo... the Mega Event is over... and I'm afraid that most of us are left here with a BIG disappointment. Sorry, devs, but it was a complete failure of a special event and I'm not sure that the RNG is the only to blame.

And I tought of this in comparisson with the last year's Halloween event:

2016 - I didn't got Fear of the Dark Eddie or all of the pumpkins, only the Warrior one, but -> I've had a LOT of FUN playing the special levels.

Fear of the Dark Eddie was and still is a iconic one, coming from the cover of one of Iron Maiden's albums, is very good designed, good attacks and special. Looks good in almost everything.

2017 - I didn't got Hallowed Eddie or some other Gunners or any good new character, but -> I've had ZERO FUN playing the BNW levels, plus the game crashed the last three days alot & the drops were horrible.

Hallowed Eddie is very bad designed, bad attacks and nothing special about special. Looks bad in almost everything, I've played him from my troopers and I didn't enjoyed it.
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    iOS
    @thisAmazingCommunity thank you all very much for your ktime nd words. It does soothe a bit bqetter than the game.

In a state of despair yesterday I skillsharded and sacrifices most of my roster to get Hallowed Eddie so have lost pretty much all my have worked to accomplish until now 130skill shards, WUR, Nomad, CG, AOF, AiP, MCR and more...

I was sad and wasn’t myself and this was a very stupid mistake. I am not sure if Support will Sir me out but this might be the end of the road for me. I’ll still play my Troopers until I make a final decision.

Thank you all so much.
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    I've said it before and i will again.
    The beginnings of the halloween event - Gold and Souls and Pumpkin Sacrifice were great. I was able to get the GUR at ease and enjoyed the beginning. I skipped the ACOxC event as i already had him on all devices and never used him. Pumpkin Slaughter was great for harvesting skill shards. (On some devices, i still have 70-80 lying and waiting). The pvp event was were it went tricky. I liked the new changes on characters (not the fact that Magus Valkyre was made accessible via souls - i thought she was exclusive?) The addition of new characters served well and the ritual souls quickly drained my ironites, but i got some characters worth it. It was hard to get the sentinel priestess but at least on one device, i got her. And then this "hallowed" event.... The option to obtain halloween souls not via ironite was good, but that's where it ended. Earning souls via sacrifice? Just after i sacrificed almost every unused character to get the pumpkins before? All i could archive was one sacrifice, that luckily filled my vortex. Otherwise i would have gained nothing. The droprates for halloween souls at dragon levels was WAY to low! I played GoF X and got 1 soul on over 15 runs! Not to mention, out of 250 halloween souls, all i got were TWO 4*s, the rest were only 3*! Pure waste of SoT's!
    Only plus side of the last event were the new missions, which helped me to archive GPD on all devices, plus some legendary souls via fragments. I'm glad that hallowed eddie is nothing special!
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

OS
    iOS
    Patrice

First - my sincerest condolences on the passing of your grandfather. Even though it's the natural order of life - it's never, ever easy to wrap your head around. I hope you and your family are doing ok.

Second - I think you need a break. And I speak from experience.

At the end of the day - this is a game. It's not Maiden's music - or the band - it's controlling and collecting cartoons on a phone. When my mom passed it was the most difficult time of my life - and ultimately I found meaning in her passing. Right now you have the contrast of what matters - family - with what doesn't matter - a video game.

Use it for perspective.

The several week break I took was one of the best things i've done in this game. Heck, I was still "top 10" last week playing fairly casually. I'm not sure my brain will handle the dedication it takes to be top 3 again - let alone eternal - but if I do make that decision it's a choice - not a compulsion.

If I were you I'd do the same. I've been reading your comments in this thread and seems like you're at that point.

Best wishes to you and your family.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Really sorry for your loss Patrice... my condolences
    Nothing to add to what others said..
    Tridimension-1303

I would have normally locked this thread around the time the event ended, but given the subject matter of much of the discussion towards the end of it, I felt it would have been in poor taste to shut it down abruptly.

I see that Patrice has made a new thread over here, though, so I'll take this moment to direct people there and to lock the thread now.

I was blessed with having more grandparents than most people would, but I've now lost all but one. Losing family is never easy. My deepest condolences, Patrice.