What makes a 5* a 5*?

I've been wondering this question lately. Is there anything that makes them particularly good? I always believed it was passives and move sets. One of the reasons I thought Rainmaker being able to fill the Fury metre in basically one move last year was cool and unique. He was 5*. Also, why I had objections to the Prisoner losing his ability to be a continuous passive dis-abler (now I object to it, because they'll never fix not blocking everyone's passives in PVP), he was rare as hell and a 5*.
    I'm pretty sure it's only 5* tunes that have fury's too. And they might be story important characters.

The main 5 Eddie's for founders were 5* probably because they were a part of the promotion and unique looking. Visions, Carriage Rider, Samurai, Vampire Hunter, and Cyborg.

OS
    Android
    5☆ should mean something but it doesn't. If they're good they'll get 'balanced'! Unless it's VHE, ofc! Not sure what game Sparton's playin but at the top it's ALL VHE!!! On another note, every CRE I've pulled has been 4☆...5 of em.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

It's a few things. Natural 5* bring the most in sacrifice, than a 4* enhanced to a 5.
    Their skills/abilities are better than the others. You rarely see a natural 3* in pvp. The eternity souls are prob the best characters in game, but I wouldn't dismiss 4* characters though. Lately with the valkyries and mayans, rescuers, they are all shard worthy.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    5☆ should mean something but it doesn't. If they're good they'll get 'balanced'! Unless it's VHE, ofc! Not sure what game Sparton's playin but at the top it's ALL VHE!!! On another note, every CRE I've pulled has been 4☆...5 of em.
    CR eddie is a 4* not 5* yes
    I play all troopers all days.

Reminds me of Destiny. Exotics getting nerfed because they were too good compared to other stuff. They're rare as hell, piss off. GCR may as well have been a 5* when she showed. Probably couldn't though, because it's not a unique character design.