Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Hallowed Eddie seems really underpowered

So I finally have a few skill shards applied to Hallowed Eddie... and well. I'm really underwhelmed by it's Fury ability primarily. (Skill shards maxed for Fury - its at level 5) -- and all talismans maxed (Guardian x4 and Stone x2).

Generally the Fury deals roughly 12k damage to a single target (running LOL Gunner lvl 7 and roughly 11.5K on the "lord"). Yes, IF there are debuffs on the character you might get a boost. But it seems really really weak. It would be one thing if the boost was a possibility regardless of debuffs on the target, but really, it's not much of a Fury attack if there are no debuffs present.

Note that I have HE's basic ability at level 5 (maxed) as well and it's doing 7-8K damage with a single (perfect) hit in the same scenario.

I mean Grim Reaper Eddie does 16K damage with the basic ability Slash (max Skill shards). Aces High Eddie does 11-13k damage with its basic ability, Shoot (max skill shards). Then there are many characters that even without skill shard come close to a 9-10K hit.

Overall I think it's a good character. I just feel like the Fury skill is really below par when compared to other general characters and especially when compared to other Eddie fury skills.

I'd also point out that I think all other Eddie's have at least 1 ability that is a multi-target attack ability, even if it's just a "apply debuff or mark" ability. Not Hallowed Eddie.

So is it just me or is Hallowed Eddie's fury really, really weak?
    Last edited by Yup; 11-05-2017 at 05:56 PM.

OS
    Android
    I thought he did physical damage? So why do you put 4 guardian on him then and 2 stone? 3 is required for the effect and 6 sentinels aint doing much for damage.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    iOS
    Guardian is an attack (Warrior) talisman which takes a 2-set for ATK x DEF. (so the effect is actually applied twice with the 4-set)

Stone is a defense talisman (Sentinel) which takes a 2-set for DEF x HP

Note: Required are 2 Sentinel and 1 Warrior talisman.

It is a physical damage toon.. I think you have mistaken what the Guardian talisman does.

The attack stat is 1050+1878 at the moment.

OS
    Android
    Still why go with attxdef set? His def is 300 vs strength 1050. Try 2 sets of strength talis on him instead.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    iOS
    So you're suggesting I drop nearly 1.5k from the attack stat? How on earth would that improve the character?

((ATK x2 DEF) x2) is MUCH higher than ((ATK +15%) x2)

In short, 15% of 1050ATK = ~158 two sets means +316 ATK - while (333DEF x 2) x 2 = roughly +1,800 ATK

Since 2 sentinels are required and a DEF of ~300 basically means he'd be easy to kill, raising defense is wise.

It's not like I apply talismans without checking. I appreciate the advice, but clearly you are merely speculating.

Or you fail to realize that ATX + 15% means 1050*.15 = ATK 1050+158 and NOT 1050 + (1050*.15) = ATK 1050+1,200.

Guardian talismans will almost always raise ATK more than Strength talismans, unless the toon has a very, very low DEF stat.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-05-2017 at 09:02 PM.

OS
    Android
    Guardian states it increase att by 20% of def and 20% of 333 is far less than 15% of 1050.

But i could be wrong
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Guardian is an attack (Warrior) talisman which takes a 2-set for ATK x DEF. (so the effect is actually applied twice with the 4-set)

Stone is a defense talisman (Sentinel) which takes a 2-set for DEF x HP

Note: Required are 2 Sentinel and 1 Warrior talisman.

It is a physical damage toon.. I think you have mistaken what the Guardian talisman does.

The attack stat is 1050+1878 at the moment.
    Yup

I am also surprised like Browno why to pack him with Guardians or Stone Talis... Stone/Iron talis are GOOD for toons scaling their physical damage by DEF stats like: FOTD Eddie or The Wicker Man (Boss)... Sure thing you do as you wish my friend - yet there's no need to boost his DEF even futher using those talis...

You put your attack stats - fine, but the numbers can be higher...

My ATK stats: 1050 + 2040...
    DEF: 333 + 684
    HP: 10108 + 13622

And I didn't use Guardian or Strenght ones...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    iOS
    I had a reply all written and the site wiped it...

Your'e right 20% of DEF .. but ATK x DEF is better than ATK+%

Anyway... I don't have 1-to-1 Guardian and Strength talisman classes (Safeguard, Fierce, Skilled) all at level 50. I need to level up a couple Strength talismans. But just using the lvl 50 skilled Strength I do have, the swap raises HP and DEF, but lowers ATK, I'll level up a couple Strength and do a 1 to 1 comparison.

In any event.. the point of this thread was NOT my talisman usage.. it's how weak Hallowed Eddie's Fury seems to be. Altering stats by a few hundred points isn't going to change that fact.
    Last edited by Yup; 11-05-2017 at 09:35 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Yup

stuff
    I am leveling up Echo talismans... but they aren't ready yet. And to me, Class Advantage is most beneficial when a toon has multiple turns, like when echo is in place. So yeah, not stating my talisman usage is optimum, but it's better than Strength talismans.

Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Yup

no need to boost his DEF even futher using those talis
    says the player adding +600 to the DEF Stat
    Last edited by Yup; 11-05-2017 at 09:37 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Didn't get one during the event but troop's ones are fun to play with with different setups.
    Anyhow, Browno, clear your inbox a bit