Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

So this days, who is better for both PvP and PvE? (Viking or Pharaoh)

Evening all!!!

Fist of all I have tried to find some info on the forums regarding this two chars. And haven't found anything conclusive yet.

Since I'm a returning player, fresh start, and got a back to back Viking/Pharaoh from rare souls.

I do want to know, if any of then are worth to shard and use for PvP mostly, cause honestly for PvE I think any Eddie with the correct talis and party can do almost everything on the game.

If anyone can plz help a fellow Trooper on this matter I will be really thankfull, any pros and cons, whatever info regarding this two Eddies, I really liked then both to be honest. (Sentinel player here so I got really happy when I pulled both).

Thanks in advance, and apologises if this was already discussed, I have read the tuning from previous months and most of the discussion here about this chars are dated.

Cheers!!! Ed.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

Both of them have their uses in PvP. If I had to choose, I believe I've seen more successful Viking defenses than pharaoh defenses, the stun/taunt/freeze abilities are killer. Pharaoh is still good and I've used him on offense a bit here and there. They're not PvP must haves though so I would caution against sharding them right away.

OS
    Android
    i don't have Viking but we don't see him in pvp like before
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    I prefer pharaoh mostly on attack to be able to revive. Viling is great however if you manage to get debuffs on enemy. You can basically keep a whole team stunned, frozen etc the whole game with vikings skills.
    I like both and have both maxed out
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    Thanks all for the feedback so far!!! really appreciate it!

Any tips on talis to use with Viking? (PvP wise).
    (Gonna use him to finish the game so he will LVL up first, not sharding yet).

So far I'm using:
    2x Resilience (Barrier)
    2x Health (Overwhelming)
    2x Advantage (Overwhelming)

I do know that he don't scale with DEF, but those are my most high lvl talis so far (I know they are better on Pharaoh).

Again, thanks for the Feedback, I'm leaning towards the Viking a little bit more. (I know the best Eddie so far is the VHE, neither I have him yet, or the desire to use him, I think some changes will come so by the time I managed to get one he ppbly won't be the best yet.)

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Viking and Pharaoh are two of the best Eddies in the game, in my opinion, and both can shine in the Arena. Pharaoh shines on attack, but I wouldn't use him on defence until/unless his AI gets a serious adjustment... I can't count how many times I've seen him do the worst thing he possibly could in the moment, and cost his team the match. The AI for Viking on defence is pretty solid. Both need the right team mates, of course, to become the unstoppable agents of death they were meant to be, but that's true of every Eddie.

As far as talisman builds for the Arena, generally, I'd say put Immunity on every character that you possibly can! I've recently discovered the joys of Pharaoh on attack myself, and mine is built with Immunity/Energy and a random red and he does just fine. I originally built him with Guard instead of Energy, but he steals power quite well, so I now prefer this build. I did get fury to build up a lot quicker before though, so it's a trade-off.

I haven't spent much time with Viking in the Arena, but if I were to build him for it, I'd go with: 1 x Immunity Will, 1 x Immunity Bulwark, 3 x Guard Mystical and a random purple Barrier, to get as much MR as possible. The new Onslaughts would give him more MR, but I'd still go with the other two for the extra HP.

Hope that helps.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Awesome!!! I think I will level and shard Viking first, so I can use him on offense (while I level Pharaoh) and start to set up a defense on him, so far my best chars are both Viking and Pharaoh (both 5*), The Red Buzz (WUR), The Wicker Man (thanks NF for the event, got him actually fast even farming LoL II/III mostly) and Harpy (All 4*), today I will get the 2 5* talis from the 7 days gift that will boost a little the lvl I can farm on LoL and BNW.

So far I'm really enjoying the choice of a fresh start. already got better chars than I had back there.

I like then both, but I that Viking fury is one of the coolest on the game so far for me. that Viking Horn at the beginning, love it everytime I hear it.

Thanks for the replys! feel free to add anything you all remember, any tip is really welcome.

One quick question for you The Educated fool.
    I haven't spent much time with Viking in the Arena, but if I were to build him for it, I'd go with: 1 x Immunity Will, 1 x Immunity Bulwark, 3 x Guard Mystical and a random purple Barrier, to get as much MR as possible. The new Onslaughts would give him more MR, but I'd still go with the other two for the extra HP.
    3x Guard Mystical, why not Ward? Will that DEF help mitigate warriors dmg? Just asking cause Wards adds MAGIC instead of DEF, which helps with true dmg.

Cheers!! Ed.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 11-07-2017 at 05:36 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post
    Awesome!!! I think I will level and shard Viking first, so I can use him on offense (while I level Pharaoh) and start to set up a defense on him, so far my best chars are both Viking and Pharaoh (both 5*), The Red Buzz (WUR), The Wicker Man (thanks NF for the event, got him actually fast even farming LoL II/III mostly) and Harpy (All 4*), today I will get the 2 5* talis from the 7 days gift that will boost a little the lvl I can farm on LoL and BNW.

So far I'm really enjoying the choice of a fresh start. already got better chars than I had back there.

I like then both, but I that Viking fury is one of the coolest on the game so far for me. that Viking Horn at the beginning, love it everytime I hear it.

Thanks for the replys! feel free to add anything you all remember, any tip is really welcome.

3x Guard Mystical, why not Ward? Will that DEF help mitigate warriors dmg? Just asking cause Wards adds MAGIC instead of DEF, which helps with true dmg.

Cheers!! Ed.
    Hey man, I mainly came here to say that your excitement is pretty inspiring. It's nice to see some positivity here... (LOL I'm very negative most of the time, and i'm trying to be better about it!)

I've been using Pharaoh (unsharded) in PvP a lot. I'm using a set of Guard, and a set of shell with a random red. He takes very low damage at first, which is great. I also pair him with alliance general, which boosts his def even more at the start. As long as someone doesn't steal his beneficial effects he is golden.

I have viking, but i've never used him. Now that i've been here I kinda want to give him a go.

\m/
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android

Cheers!! Ed.
    Yep, you got it exactly... the extra DEF will reduce his physical damage taken, and it really does seem to be all about the MR when it comes to Viking dealing damage anyway, in my experience. As I say, I haven't used him much in the Arena, but my current build for him for farming LoL is 4 x Quake Mystical, 2 x Resistance Barrier and he hits nice and hard, and can take a lot of abuse too.
    Last edited by The Educated fool; 11-07-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android

Cheers!! Ed.
    Sponholz

First thing - Viking of course (but I guess you know this by now)... He CAN do one fantastic thing Pharaoh can't... While you made some bad things happen to your opponents - for example freeze them ALL/Stun etc - with Vickie you can make it last this state on and on till the end of the battle using his power move and he will be healing your guys at the same time...

Second - I ain't EF, yet I will tel you - yes, it is... Warriors ARE the strongest threat to ANY Sentinels - and it happens that MOST of them deal with physical damage... To protect yourself from those physical attacks you need some DEF stats been raised... Sure thing there ARE Warriors like Nomad who cause LOT (I mean LOT) of TRUE damage (ignoring DEF/MR)... He can rip your Viking, Pharaoh and any other Sentinel pretty quick... Using GUARD talismans you could slow him a bit... First thing - see Nomad - KILL him immediately, while you can, cause if you won't do - it may happen that he'll send your Viking to Valhalla

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy