Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Questionable PVP meta right now

Hey guys,

have mentioned this in the askora reigns thread, but i think this topic is important enough to create a specific thread.

so all in all i'm quite okay with the current state of pvp (aside the known bugs), it's much better and more stabile than before. i think the characters are also better balanced now.
    but i think the current meta is slow as hell and that a pain in the ass, because the game is so time consuming anyway.
    since the perfect immunity is so popular it's really hard to play fast. maybe i just didn't figure it out, but it's a structural problem i think.
    the yellow valk is cool and i don't think she is OP but she slows the game down too much. playing fast is fun and addictive, the slow to death grind like BNW is just boring.

that said: some matches in PVP feel like playing garden of dismay X sometimes. that's what i don't like because even more time is needed to fulfill all daily tasks.

what do you guys think? is this only my perception, or is this the slowest meta we ever had?

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    PVP was faster before because of the OP toons and since now most of them got "balanced" the slowness happens, it's normal. Now for me, fights that I could win in one turn are won in two turns and some that I would normally win before now I lose. Devs wanted more balanced PVP and it looks that they achieved it.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    Android
    This is probably how they want it.
    You play all day just to get a few matches in. They want you to play all day every day.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

I honestly hate it. I used to spend 20 minutes clearing a list. now it takes 20 ...
    I don't have that much free time!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    I honestly hate it. I used to spend 20 minutes clearing a list. now it takes 20 ...
    I don't have that much free time!
    Completely agree with you. I could clear a list before work in the morning in 20 mins or less. Now it takes twice as long. Arena feels like a grind.

OS
    Android
    glad that i'm not the only one who struggle with fast fights. it's sloooooow and it's booooring. i also try to burn everything before the work, so every minute more hurts me a lot. and unfortunatly arena tales more than a few minutes more at the moment.

but dank brew seems to be right, the goal seems to be to let us play all day every day. really don't get it. it's also questionable in an ethical way to use the addiction/passion of people against them...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Wait... you mean we actually have to think and/or have a strategy instead of mindlessly bashing buttons?

I'm enjoying the longer, more thought out battles. Even when I'm the victor, I think 1-turn ass rapings are boring, and not fun in the slightest.

OS
    Android
    Personally, I don't care about the length of battles, I just like smooth gameplay without a bunch of little jitters here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Schmeb View Post
    I think 1-turn ass rapings are boring, and not fun in the slightest.
    If I wanted 1-turn ass rapings, I'd go to the Acolyte Division. I'm actually on my way there in prep for the next arena event
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Good! 😇 I have never tried for eternal with any real effort, but the new slow play is really fun, and it just sorta happened. If everyone else will kindly hold off for next week as well, I might just take home that goose!

OS
    iOS
    Kamuz and a few others have recently had the occasional team that slows me up - but honestly - so many teams blow up themselves these days - I can't say it feels that much slower. Self-destruction moves things along quite nicely in fact.

Then again I'm not playing like I used to either...
    Nicko-0517