Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Strange Alchemy Event - Featuring Mystic Eddie + The DEBUT Alchemist!

The transcendent Magus has arrived: fuel the Vortex to claim fragments of the soul which contains The Alchemist!

Inspired by the song The Alchemist and the Dr. Dee the song itself is inspired by, The Alchemist is a new 5 star Magus in Legacy of the Beast. He is a true damage attacker who can inflict Doom on multiple enemies, Transform negative effects on allies, and grant all allies Soul Protect, which automatically Ghosts characters instead of letting them die.

From now until November 15th, 4 PM PT, there’s a new Summoner’s Soul whose highlight characters are steeped in the occult. This soul guarantees a 3 to 5 star character of any class, in addition to an increased chance of these highlight characters:

• Mystic Eddie (5 star Magus): A single target negative effect caster which can inflict Freeze and Doom on enemies, but also bolster allies with Ascension and Immortality.
    • The Alchemist (5 star Magus) NEW!: A true damage attacker which can Doom enemies, Transform negative effects on allies, and protect allies with the Ghost-providing Soul Protect.

This new Summoner’s Soul is available for Ironite from the store for the duration of the event, but you’re also guaranteed 5 Summoner’s Souls from every Vortex you do during this event, in addition to normal Vortex rewards!

The Alchemist is no normal Magus, though, and those who curry his favour with the Sacrificial Altar will be guaranteed to earn him eventually!

Every time you achieve a Vortex, you’ll also earn 15, 20 or 25 Alchemist Soul Fragments (in addition to normal Vortex rewards). Earn 150 Fragments to claim an Alchemist Soul, which guarantees the 5 star Alchemist!

This change is a permanent addition to the Sacrifice feature, so even if you don’t get The Alchemist from the Strange Alchemy event, you can continue to work towards him by sacrificing unwanted characters!

Important: The Alchemist is not available from any soul other than the Summoner’s Soul and the Alchemist Soul. Please be aware that, once the Summoner’s Soul is no longer available from the store, the only way to earn The Alchemist is collecting fragments of his soul from Sacrifice Vortexes.

The Alchemist debuts in the Legacy of the Beast today! Check out The Alchemist’s key information below:

SKILLS

Strange Alchemy (Fury)
    Deals true damage to a single target.
    Grants Soul Protect to all allies for the remainder of the battle. If allies die with Soul Protect, they will gain Ghost status and remain alive for 3 turns after death or until inflicted with Permadeath.
    LV 2/3 DMG+ 25/25%

Transmutation (Basic)
    Deals true damage to a single target.
    35% Chance to Transform negative effects on allies to positive.
    Damage dealt increases the lower your CURRENT HP.
    LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%

Last Rites (Power)
    Deals a portion of the enemy's MAX HP as true damage to all enemies.
    Heals all allies for 25% of their MAX HP.
    25% Chance to inflict Doom on all enemies for 3 turns.
    LV 2/4 DMG+ 15/25%
    LV 3/5 Healing+ 15/25%

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Assassin
    Last edited by Sparton_LOTB; 11-09-2017 at 12:08 AM.

OS
    Android
    Awesome. You had me at "occult."

I'm extremely happy that you based The Alchemist on John Dee (just like the song), rather than having him be a generic figure.
    Last edited by druid138; 11-09-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    From now til Nov. 8th???

Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    From now til Nov. 8th???
    lol, Sorry, November 15th. Updated the forum post accordingly.

OS
    iOS
    Rofl. 6 summoner souls. All 3 stars. I’m an idiot to keep trying for these things. Lol. Tho, looks like a fun event if you’re willing to spend money or sacrifice good toons.
    Eskiggalu-8063

OS
    Android
    And people will continue to think how good or bad a event is based on their personal luck.
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.

OS
    iOS
    16 summoner souls and I got a fucking red pyro soldier!! Thanks again NF!!!
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    14 souls here, for the higher character 4* angel of pain, blue

these guys coming from this soul at least should be more valuable for sacrifice
    PaquitoChep-9658 Alliance General*

OS
    Android
    Well I sacrificed all those common souls I had, rounded up 7 rare souls, one of which yielded a warrior Hellraiser. I sacrificed the rest of the dupe 3 star toons and filled the ring full. Got 25 of those new fragments, and a little bit of everything. The event souls were all 3 star dupes of course. But I did get a Gunner Priestess from 5 GA souls. I hear she's a decent fighter. 2 legendary souls gave me a red troll and a green Hellraiser. Pretty cool in my opinion.

I love that the fragments are permanent. Although it'll still take forever to get him, at least he's guaranteed.... eventually. But he sounds like a total boss nevertheless.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I see this as kind of a sub-par event if your looking for a lot of things but its a great way to introduce a permanent feature. Again, if you realize the purpose of an event and not try to drop everything for 1 character you get to enjoy this game a lot more.
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.