Okies,

First off I will admit I go off on rants. I will also note that as far as I can tell no op/dev etc has ever bothered to respond to them. From what I have also read getting a response is pretty unusual in and of itself. Now for the fun part... How about someone addressing a few very simple questions that I know a LOT of people would probably like an answer to.

What is the actual drop rate for 4 or 5 star characters? This is more relevant now than it has been. You say we get 2X the chance to get one but considering we have ZERO clue what the chance is to start with. So if it is a 2% chance to start with that means its currently a 4% chance. Yeah on a 100 sided die you ain't never rolling a 97-100. Yeah I might be an old school D&D player also. Now this said I have a very sneaking suspicion that the drop rate in say March of 2017 was higher than it is now. Maybe closer to about 20% or 1 in 5. And it also seems like the event souls actually dropped the event character without breaking the bank for them. Say 1 in 10 or 15 which would be high enough that it was annoying but not stupid annoying.

The next major question I have is very simple and one I have asked prior. Using the Magus Corrupt Rescuer (the blue one) for the best example.
When maxed the character has the following skills :
Sweep - magic damage to a single target - damage + 40%; 65% chance to steal beneficial effects.
Freeze - magic damage to all enemies - damage + 25%; 75% chance to freeze enemies for 2 turns.

Now I don't care about any of the stats except the 75% chance to freeze enemies for 2 turns. Since this attack is an all character attack she potentially can (and does) freeze all enemies for 2 turns. The question is: How is this attack calculated?

The way I see it there are really only 2 methods of calculating this and they are:

When the calculation for this is going is it a 1 in 4 chance of it missing (ie 25%) or an equivalent of this. Basically meaning there is no saving throw against it and the worst case scenario is using a 4 sided die. Where rolling that 4 is a lot harder than possibly getting 76-100 on a 100 sided die. Yeah the odds are actually different.
Or is it more like this,
The calculation is made but instead of it being one roll of the dice there is a second one that is based on say the "special" stat. So the calculation or roll is made and it should freeze the character BUT the save calculation adjusts the final outcome and it misses. To put this in numbers.... 100 sided die is used from 76-100 on the first roll the character is not frozen, anything 75 and under the character is frozen. A 70 is rolled so the character should be frozen. Now the save roll comes into play. With a "special" stat at 300 there is an adjustment of special/2 for a 15% adjustment. So instead of freezing being 75 and lower, it is actually 63 and lower and thus the character is not frozen. 15% of 75 is 11.25 and I rounded up (because I can) to adjust it to 12. And 75-12 = 63.

There are numerous variations for saving throws and all the rest. But it boils down to is there one or not. Or is it strictly a 75% chance your frozen?

Reason I ask all of this is the number of times I (and everyone else) have had 3 or 4 characters frozen at once. When all of your characters are frozen or stunned it isn't much of a fight. The other day had 3 rounds of wackedness in the arena. The Corrupt General with a 30% chance to stun managed to stun 4 characters in first round, 3 characters in 2nd round and 3 in the third. Even with the paralysis talismans that would only raise it to 42% if they stack otherwise it would be 2 rolls one at 30% and the 2nd at 12%. Bizarrely enough I won that fight and I am not completely sure how.

That pretty much sums up this edition of "Hey Can We Get an Answer". Till next time...