OS
    Android

Best Strategy for PvP Events! Together we stand!

Troopers,

the best strategy for PvP events is to put a very low defense team together. Only 1 character is best. The other 3 slots should be empty.

What's the point?

Everybody is winning and getting the rewards (fragments).

The rankings are not important for events and collecting fragments.

OS
    Android
    in theory you your approach might be right, but i won't do that since i'm chasing best ranks possible. these pvp events are usefull if you want to rank up high because the refills give you additional value. that's why i went for eternal some weeks ago, without the event i wouldn't have the motivation to do so. so if you have ambitions in pvp there is no point in letting everyone slaughter you. if you have no ambiions you should put in a lone eddie.

but i have to say pvp is annoying as hell nowadays, all fight takes way too long, it's a boring slowass meta we have right now, that should be changed asap if you ask me, then the events would be much better and easier to handle.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    There was a thread bout this subject on last pvp event. Wanted to reopen it, but didn’t find it. I’m absolutely the opinion of URock. Strong defenses AND many pvp bugs AND time consuming fragment collecting make those events unnecessary difficult and unreachable for most. I also think for this week every couple of months we should stand together and make this reachable for everybody! For this one week, it should be bearable for anyone not to look at the rankings
    Saw many of those easy defenses this week and were very much welcome. Had one of them ofc too. Only thing I think, it is not necessary to set only an Eddie. It is ok ofc, but saw many defenses with cool allies I enjoyed much. It should only be recognizable, that it’s a low defense by settin 3 or 4 star chars etc.
    Thanks everybody again, was and is still a cool event! \m/
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    URock makes a compelling point. Honestly I have no desire to fight for Eternal, ever. The highest rank I've ever hit was Warlord I and that was annoying enough to have to stay in. I know I could have gone higher into King III but I'd prefer 5 rare souls over 1 GA soul and a skill shard. So I'll never go for anything higher than that unless it's straight to King I and that's far to time consuming in my opinion. I may be competitive but I'm not THAT competitive.

I really don't care about the rewards as I care more about the iron coins I win by working that hard.
    Last edited by Amarthir; 12-01-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    To be honest, I really enjoyed setting up crappy defenses. I already changed mine twice. I started the week with the ultimate cra(b)p defense by unleashing all of my demon crabs. Then I went for a Christmas defense with reindeers and Christmas Eddie and opted today for a corrupt defense giving my owls and wolfs a chance to die with their boots on...

We spend so much time on what the best defense might be, that I really like to think what the funniest or shitiest defense might be during these events.
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    iOS
    I’ve had my team set on and off for people to get easy wins, but I’m needing soul frags for trooper frags, and I’m low on ironite. If I drop too low, I won’t have the resources to climb, and frankly, I’m sucking at the arena this week. I should have been to 500 two days ago, but missteps and coin loss up past level 300 generally mean a loss.

As a side note, you guys that have WUR on your defense with counter strike talis, 7/10 times he’s striking your own team. I’m not complaining lol, but just so you know.

Cheers
    Eskiggalu
    Last edited by Monte47; 12-02-2017 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Typo

OS
    Android
    I've been completely on board with the "friendly team" plan since the previous Arena-battle event. Outside of these events, I keep the "friendly team" because I'm just interested in farming Iron Coins so I can buy Talismans and having a team like that helps keep my rating low. Maybe some day I'll build a good PvP team and get myself past Duellist I, but until then I'm happy to farm coins and I'd prefer to save my Ironite for events.

Something I've found interesting in the current event is that I was able to get to 750 fragments with more than half of my opponents having "friendly teams". There were so many people going with that plan that I was able to be very selective with my battles and I'm more than happy to help those people out.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    I've been completely on board with the "friendly team" plan since the previous Arena-battle event. Outside of these events, I keep the "friendly team" because I'm just interested in farming Iron Coins so I can buy Talismans and having a team like that helps keep my rating low. Maybe some day I'll build a good PvP team and get myself past Duellist I, but until then I'm happy to farm coins and I'd prefer to save my Ironite for events.

Something I've found interesting in the current event is that I was able to get to 750 fragments with more than half of my opponents having "friendly teams". There were so many people going with that plan that I was able to be very selective with my battles and I'm more than happy to help those people out.
    I'm on the same boat, I am nowhere near to have the time to finish (750 frags) an event like this if there were no one with solo Eddies, every little bit helps new and not-so-hardcore players like myself, I admit I play more then an average player would, but I have no plans to go and try for Eternal.

So there he is my Solo Visions Eddie, cause you know... he deserves to be beaten... sadly, cause I like the guy...

And I also agree with Slauki, if you are going after ranks, set up a good D and go for it, soon enough you will be out of range for the players that just want to grind.

And besides I am really happy about how Viking Eddie is right now (I really think that he is one of the best Eddies atm specially on ATK), I am not abusing CtA with him, I don't cheese any wins, I only use once or twice per round (only use twice if White Viking Walker Eddie have the buff-preventing-debuff [Corruption]), don't use it as a fury charger.

Anyway, has been a fun event for me!

Cheers! Ed.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 12-02-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Typo
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte47 View Post
    ... As a side note, you guys that have WUR on your defense with counter strike talis, 7/10 times he’s striking your own team. I’m not complaining lol, but just so you know.
    Yeah, I've seen that too. Made me laugh pretty hard when I first noticed it. Apparently, the undead rescuer thinks the damage he's blocking is actually coming from his own teammates and whacks them instead of the enemy. He even turns sideways to face the ally he just protected! By far the funniest bug I've ever seen in this game,

As for the original post, I only recently learned why people set up such weak defenses. Up until now I've had my best characters on defense, but my defense rarely holds and I never make it past Duelist I anyway. I would rather give lower level players a chance to win (and get an easy win in return) than see my best team get kicked around by kings and eternals, so now I just rotate my low level Eddies. Maybe I'll start adding low level allies to make it less boring.
    Last edited by HeadOnFire; 12-03-2017 at 05:11 AM.