Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

December 2017 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

Hello Sparton and the whole team!
    You guys are making the things just right man, it's pretty cool to have so much events and see that you're aware of tweak less used characters and bugs fixing.
    Great to see love to Tailgunner, the guy deserves it...
    Just as suggestion, you should consider to change some slots color to some characters like Assassin Troll, now that Thieve skill gonna be true damage, having a red slot is useless, the same for the warrior troll his main attack is true and power move are shields. Also, the Gunner COTD, it's gonna be great if you give him some purple slots to the actual full yellow mandatory.
    One question, Sparton, the assassin Wickerdeer (please don't make more of this festive character with recycled characters) also has the Chomp move as basic, so it still gets the tuning right?
    The last one, are you thinking on tuning some "old" moves improvements/scaling with skillshards?? I mean, some "old" characters have a progression like 5%, 10%, 15%; and "newest" ones are like 20%, 20%, 25%, 25% ... That gives a lot of disadvantage to old fellows and of course, players will spend skillshards on new chars instead of interesting old ones.
    That's all, thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Demoonchild; 12-08-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    iOS
    Nice buffs to Tailgunner, and a much needed Def/Mr increase for Cyborg. I'm really damn hoping this will be the Night City update...
    the local mentally unstable halfwit

DoctorEly-4668: Dark Road Eddie

OS
    Android
    Just felt like discussing the update preview. Looks very nice, I'm glad there aren't any nerfs on Christmas.

Tailgunner Eddie is finally getting the buffs he deserves, I've been complaining in my head for months now because the only cool thing about him is his fury, now he may get more chances at being a proper 4* Gunner

Changing the extra turn chance of Call to Arms is a good idea I don't care what some people might say, having a basic attack to use over and over would really kill the fun in my opinion.

I'm pretty glad to see the Dragon Kings being taken down another peg. Changing the damage limit to 50% and adding another turn to the shield limit will definitely change alot, it'll allow a much larger variety of who you can bring with you to those higher dungeons.

The whole thing about the Angel Talismans are pretty interesting. If one talisman set can heal everyone, then stacking them could prove very useful. And power Shields sound awesome, there's been more than one occasion where I've been one power shy of using an important skill because energy stealers would mess up my flow.

We come back to the "unannounced game content" hopefully we'll see that in this update, new content in LotB is like water in a desert. It doesn't come often and it refreshes you whenever you find it.

And finally, I like the target being "mid-month" with that in mind I have an idea on what day it might be, which is rather soon
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I like it! Happy to see the Viking Eddie fix.
    Satan81-5023

Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Just as suggestion, you should consider to change some slots color to some characters like Assassin Troll, now that Thieve skill gonna be true damage, having a red slot is useless, the same for the warrior troll his main attack is true and power move are shields. Also, the Gunner COTD, it's gonna be great if you give him some purple slots to the actual full yellow mandatory.
    For the comment on the Trolls, I'm not sure about changing them too all purples, but we'll review what makes sense for talisman slots for them (keeping in mind possible synergies with 4 talisman sets).

Regarding the Gunner Child of the Damned, we'd prefer to not change his talisman slots to purple, because he's been balanced already around stuff like his power attack not having purple slots, so that would make his damage output way higher than we'd like.

One question, Sparton, the assassin Wickedest (please don't make more of this festive character with recycled characters) also has the Chomp move as basic, so it still gets the tuning right?
    It's the same Chomp skill, so yes, the Chomp that Hunting Wickerdeer has would also be tuned. I'll make sure that's reflected in the update's final tuning notes.

The last one, are you thinking on tuning some "old" moves improvements/scaling with skillshards?? I mean, some "old" characters have a progression like 5%, 10%, 15%; and "newest" ones are like 20%, 20%, 25%, 25% ... That gives a lot of disadvantage to old fellows and of course, players will spend skillshards on new chars instead of interesting old ones.
    The bigger skill level gains are typically based on rarity. Most new characters are 4 star and 5 star characters, so they'll typically have higher increases from skill shards. That said, we do periodically review older characters and will tune them accordingly to get stronger gains from skill levels if we think it makes sense.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    Changing the extra turn chance of Call to Arms is a good idea I don't care what some people might say, having a basic attack to use over and over would really kill the fun in my opinion.

It's a nice change, but in all honesty, I would like something in the lines of:

- Call to Arms, no longer generates fury when used.
    or
    - Call to Arms, only generates fury once per round.

I get and support the idea of CtA being too strong as it is now, but it directly connects to another skill of Viking.

65% chance is a nice value, I think it's the correct one if NF is going that way, Accuracy buff will put the % on 90, which can be used to fill fury again, but will have room for failing, and to get there you will have to commit a place on the party for any char that buffs accuracy.

Either way I really dislike the Idea of a skill which when it fails to trigger the extra round "they do nothing*", CtA fails, Viking does nothing other then self buff, and as far as my PvP experience goes, those buffs will get removed on the very next round, and if they don't you will lose one round on then.

*That statement was by the fact that it doesn't immediately affects the battle.

Either way Call to Arms was to easy to abuse if you wanted, not by the skill alone, but by the fact that you generate infinite fury with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    I like it! Happy to see the Viking Eddie fix.
    I like it too, and I basically only have him (from Eddies) fully sharded / max talis and use him in all activities, PvE or PvP related.

Using him since I returned, way prior to the buff CtA got.

I would like it to be changed on a different way, with the ability to gain the extra turn, but no fury generated when used, that would prevent the abuse, and using it 100x per round would do exactly the same as using it 1 time. (save the 2 times needed when you have the Block Beneficial Effects debuff on him).

TL;DR: My 2 cents: I would prefer a nerf to fury generated by it (to no fury at all) other then a % to a risk of getting self-buffed and nothing more.

Not a rant post, just my personal opinion on the changes. the skill is indeed to strong as it is now.

Cheers!!! Ed.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 12-08-2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typo and quote from Fudjo.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    Nice. But i have a take on call to arms as well. Have it at 100% and then decrease it by 25% -50% each timebit is used after the first attempt.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    iOS
    Again Navigators Roaring Wave gets no fix???
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Browno View Post
    Nice. But i have a take on call to arms as well. Have it at 100% and then decrease it by 25% -50% each timebit is used after the first attempt.
    It doesn't provide any benefit apart from a Fury increase after the first use, so how about 100% chance for one extra turn and then no extra turns after that?
    Satan81-5023