Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I understand some dislike PI.. but that, in my opinion, is absolutely undeserving of ANY dev time to address.
    Completely agree. I'm sure any game you've ever played has at least one area that you don't like about it. Same goes for me. That's just the way it is, everything can't be perfectly catered to you.

Maybe this could help change your mind... Say they go in and adjust PI. I think we all know for a FACT that NF will cause a bug from it. If it works, why the hell would you mess with it???? Come on now.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    My thoughts on the time factor for the game. Don't know if it's technically feasible, but I think it would be a good solution.

1) Have a button you push that automatically sends badges to all troopers.
    2) Now that the badges are sent, to receive those badges you have to play the trooper that sent them.
    3) So, clicking the button gets you 0 badges. Playing a trooper gets you 25, and as long as they click their button sometime during the day you get the other 25.

Doing it that way, would mean that you're really only playing for badges for yourself. If you have enough stocked up, you can just click your send button and be done. Want to focus more on pvp, same thing. Taking a break, on vacation, take a minute and send those badges.

The truth is, with the timer on the levels. Most of my grinding is under 30 seconds per trooper. So, at 50 troopers, that puts actual active play time at 25 minutes. Loading time, navigation time, waiting on SoT all add considerably to that. I think if my idea could be implemented or something similar then it would negate the complaints of the time it takes to take care of troopers.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    No, you might get a sense based on the players who actually post on the forum .... That's not "many players" Sorry, but the amount of players who actively participate here is likely less than 10% if common trends hold true. You can't conflate the forum user to "all" users. It's not a direct correlation. If the total number of players you are in touch with is under 4 figures, I don't think "many" is a correct reference.

Why is that ridiculous? Because it makes you wait? And you waiting is a game issue that is deserving of development time? Or, be honest, is it just because you want the game to favor how you wish to play? I think you are being very self-centered and not seeing the whole picture at all.

I understand some dislike PI.. but that, in my opinion, is absolutely undeserving of ANY dev time to address.
    letting players wait in a mindless way is just bad and ofc it's worth development time. that's one of the reasons "many players" dislike BNW. according to the countless compalins about BNW it's the least favoured part of the game. one main reason for this was, that it took so damn long to beat it and that the drops were very crappy (and bugs ofc). the devs obviously realized this and made the levels easier to beat. i have good reasons to belive they are no idiots and didn't do it because of a few guys who complained on the forums. they did it because they analyzed the numbers and saw, that players didn't played it that much.

i see the same trend for PVP and if this observation is true something has to be done.

and ofc i want the game to favour the way how i want to play, but i always try to think about other implications as well. if the time issue is not solved for PVE and PVP the game will loose more players than necessary. since noone of us can provide really reliable arguments because of lack of data we won't come together here. but everything you said is also just an individual opinion which is not better than any other opinion of any other player who participated here. but the forum is the place to discuss such opinions/arguments in reasonable way.
    if we throw all arguments/opinions together we might come to a solid conclusion.
    Last edited by slauki; 12-20-2017 at 11:14 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    My thoughts on the time factor for the game. Don't know if it's technically feasible, but I think it would be a good solution.

1) Have a button you push that automatically sends badges to all troopers.
    2) Now that the badges are sent, to receive those badges you have to play the trooper that sent them.
    3) So, clicking the button gets you 0 badges. Playing a trooper gets you 25, and as long as they click their button sometime during the day you get the other 25.

Doing it that way, would mean that you're really only playing for badges for yourself. If you have enough stocked up, you can just click your send button and be done. Want to focus more on pvp, same thing. Taking a break, on vacation, take a minute and send those badges.

The truth is, with the timer on the levels. Most of my grinding is under 30 seconds per trooper. So, at 50 troopers, that puts actual active play time at 25 minutes. Loading time, navigation time, waiting on SoT all add considerably to that. I think if my idea could be implemented or something similar then it would negate the complaints of the time it takes to take care of troopers.

Exactly. This is what I’d like to see as well. It’s good to step away from things for a bit. Especially addictions, which is what these mobile games are. We shouldn’t have to worry about losing troopers because we want to go to rehab for a week.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    ... stuff....

Fair enough.

I think BNW is an entirely different beast though... under 2 minutes (autoplay) to get to the Dragon King then 3 times longer (manual play) just for the Dragon King... that's what is annoying to me. It's MUCH better now than it was in October, but the Dragon king is still a bit annoying and... please... do NOT.. get me started on the drops.. they still suck.... 285 runs through lvl X in the past week or so and only 2 higher level talismans (1 Comet, and 1 Quake), that's it. A ratio of 285:2 is horrible.

From what I see, NF is taking steps to throw in new characters with some interesting abilities. Edward the Great appears to be a fabulous PvP character... even against PI... I just want to add about 15 more skill shards to him before testing that theory. He kicks ass in PvE though. Paired with the correct other characters... look out. You think PI and Endure is bad now.. wait until you start pairing up against ETG and Edna.. then you'll really complain. (Now where's that starter pack of 50 skill shards??? )

And the Magus droid with it's team invincibility on demand is also one of those abilities that is relatively new. Again, not enough skill shards to fully test it. But in theory on attack.. you could keep your team invincible the entire match.

it's these sort of things that make PI a non-issue to me. It's going to be a problem unless you start thinking defense more than attack. PvP has really been more weighted to attack. PI is the one ability that is weighted towards defense. And changing that single defense ability to aide in more attack strategies just seems wrong. And citing a defense strategy as a "problem" seems counterintuitive to me. That's what defense is supposed to do.. delay you winning.

To be honest PvP sucked for me completely until I had some fully sharded, full talisman, level 100 characters. Anything other than that and PvP is rather pointless and horrible. I suspect it's THAT which annoys players more than anything. There's no chance of even really hitting Duelist III unless you have some full power characters. So, lets not start messing with inherent character abilities that don't require a full skill shard set and full talismans to kick in. It's hard enough to just get the character herself....

In other words.. show some love for Edna.. she's just doing what she's supposed to do
    Last edited by Yup; 12-21-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Releasing another game mode or Night City would due wonders.. instead of the same thing for pass year and half...

LOTB Only game I play and i'm to the point if not new world release soon going loose lots more... because we keep repeated the same cycle with toons and bug fixes

OS
    iOS
    In a battle ten minutes ago, used eda with immunity and passive disabled the prisoner with DG. Next round only clair and DG were left standing. PI seems to be doing its own thing post-update.

Regarding DG's passive disable skill - it only ever works on the prisoner. NoBL, GPD etc. will still revenge, reduce damage etc. This has been the case for quite some time
    mammy-7388

Banned
    "Fixed a flaw in the asset management logic that could cause the install size of the app to bloat"

LotB now needs 2,4GB here ...

Guess this fix needs a fix

OS
    Android
    Been logging in and trying this update. Its such a let down but at least the disappointment is expected... a great success in that regard! There is no significant change and nothing new or fresh other than playable characters and more new bugs to accompany the old ones. Misery loves company I guess. Not even attempting to play PvP as it was always the least enjoyable and most bugged part of the game. NF has really fallen into a rut with this "more chars, more events" cycle and offering nothing really palpable in the way of making the game fun again.

As a long time supporter of this project, I would ask that NF take time to look deep at the game and come to the realization that new environments are needed and new game modes need to be much more than adding a best times clock to the upper right corner that literally give no reward for besting. Adding more Troopers to the daily grind is turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to the community and its overwhelming calls for quicker ways to run troopers. A system that was mentioned for dupe protection among Eternal and Trooper souls was never implemented to my knowledge. I have also not attempted to make any runs through BNW and judging by the scathing reviews, a wise decision on my part. Something that took so long to produce should have yielded a much more enjoyable experience and should not remain a work in progress.

In closing lol... complaints about complaints are so dumb but everyone has a right to voice their opinion I guess.. and apparently some form of entertainment is needed to offset the lack coming from LotB... although, when people whine about people whining, its break time for one or all involved. The most unfortunate thing about it all is that reading this thread and seeing folks argue about dumb shit is more enjoyable than anything the game has to offer. That really needs to change.
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebhild View Post
    "Fixed a flaw in the asset management logic that could cause the install size of the app to bloat"

LotB now needs 2,4GB here ...

Guess this fix needs a fix
    Perhaps you just interpreted the fix for the flaw wrong. Prior to the update, there was a possibility of the install size bloating. Now it's guaranteed!!!

I think mine was a similar number after the update, so much for taking less space. Haven't tried it yet, but it may be that an uninstall/reinstall will fix it and then the fix will work in the future.