Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

December 18th 2017 Update Discussion

This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    iOS
    Thanks Sparton. So has the Daily Rewards and Achievements claiming bug been fixed?
    Is it safe for me to claim my 10 Achievements? I don’t want to lose them and have to contact CS!

OS
    iOS
    Bought 14 Christmas Souls before the update... can they be refunded?
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    if everything works as intended, this will be a nice update
    thanks for the 300 character slots upgrade, a big step!

but no fixes to aof and his random extra turns so far?
    looking forward to the update, but i dislike that the christmas souls are only available for ironite. but i bet/hope the arena event will let us get some fragments

edit: nice that i inpired you to implement a timer, but i would have prefered to inspire you to use 3 troopers at once...
    Last edited by slauki; 12-18-2017 at 10:51 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Somehow I got in early but got kicked out. Looks like 8 additional skillshards for tailgunner. Yikes, quite an investment for a four star Eddie. I think his buffs will be cool, but he is going to be too hard to keep alive to be useful in pvp.

OS
    iOS
    Sparton - will Christmas souls be available as Sacrifice rewards?

Thank you!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android

"A Statue of the King" by Avatar is now stuck in my head forever.

I've been pretty excited in waiting for this update and it's... Almost as good as I hoped. But it's still great.

King Edward the Great (I will only address him as such) sounds like a real good one. His fury, while not very focused on the enemy, sounds fantastic, especially those who use those golden buffs. His basic attacks sound like they should be power attacks and I can see them messing with teams that rely on the usual "Guard Shield, Counterstrike" shtick.
    The new Sacrifice buff sounds intense but perhaps it could be abused if it's coupled with immortality? A good note for research. All in all, he seems worthy of the King title and a true 5* in my opinion. Can't wait to try him out one day.

The Christmas Soul part is kind of sketchy because last I checked, Christmas souls were basically rare souls who might also drop exclusive characters. And considering how rare 4-5* toons are, you'll need alot if you want to get Krampus. Since you say there will be more ways to get Christmas souls soon I'll hold off on whether of not I actually like it.

The Quest Completion timer seems more of a nifty gimmick than a solid feature but it sure beats having to record my runs from a second source. I'm sure it'll be fun to craft the fastest team with everyone else.

The Character Tuning is 100% fantastic. No nerfs and only buffs and fixes, I love it.

Making the Gunner Chopper and Warrior Trickster available, while I like the idea, it kind of makes you wonder about whether we should actually get the event characters or just wait until they are released again. My argument to that is that while the event is on, we can guarantee getting them.

The best part about the Inventory changes is the GIGANTIC increase in character slots. Up to 300 is incredible.

All in all this a a good update that focused on fixing many of the problems we've been having and I'm glad that it wasn't about introducing another half broken feature. I'm a bit bummed that the "secret new content" isn't here but the way I see it is the longer we wait, the better it will be....or something.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    Thanks Sparton. So has the Daily Rewards and Achievements claiming bug been fixed?
    Is it safe for me to claim my 10 Achievements? I don’t want to lose them and have to contact CS!
    As far as I know the fix is live with this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    Bought 14 Christmas Souls before the update... can they be refunded?
    A bought soul is a bought soul.

If you're concerned about not having gotten the correct data, you wouldn't have been able to buy the souls unless you had the data for the souls. You just wouldn't be able to use some of the new resulting characters without the new update (as there are bug fixes/combat functionality additions/etc in the new update for them).

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Sparton - will Christmas souls be available as Sacrifice rewards?
    This year's Christmas Souls are currently only available from the store. Emphasis on currently.

They will become available by other means as well, but nothing more specific to announce yet.

OS
    iOS
    hey sparton, game isn't live yet for iOS users
    mammy-7388

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the response Sparton!

Android is working - are other iOSers having issues? Mine is still under maintenance

Edit: Update appeared and now working fine
    Last edited by Nicko; 12-18-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    Nicko-0517