Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Or.. you can take the holidays into account....

Its quite a leap at the end November and December to say "people are losing interest". The end of November is a US holiday as well.

And I'd be encouraged if you could share the statistics which lead to the overinflated comments such as "many players" How are you determining this "many"? And how do you know that "many" players don't like PI exactly how it is?
    you can see i'm a long time forum member and i have contact with many players inside and outside the forum. so i'm very sure to have at least an idea of what many people think about the game. if you follow the forums you will also get a sense of what many people think.
    so far the tendency is pretty obvious for me, PI is not overpowerd but it slows down the game in a relevant way. this relates with one of the main concerns for many months --> the game itself is too time consuming since pvp was released, and everything that extends the playing time is a big issue as you can read in almost every "goodbye troopers" thread. so puzzeling all together leads to a obvious conclusion: --> we need something to speed the game up and PI is exactly the opposite of this.

in a vacuum PI wouldn't be such a problem itself but if you try to see the whole picture it's one thing that makes the game more boring and repetitive. just to wait two more turns to kill the last enemy because pharaoh casted invincibility for eda is ridiculous.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I don’t think that makes PI an issue though instead of addressing that what the devs really need to do is fix the other time sink namely running troopers. The last couple good bye threads seem to focus on it taking too long to run 50 troopers. I think if they addressed that which has been begged by a lot of players that would quiet a few of the issues not changing an ability just for the sake of the arena.
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.

OS
    Android
    Slauki, Yeah it's slow but damn it's not that big of a deal.
    So what if he casts invincibility? If you're facing a pharaoh you should bring someone who removes/steals beneficial effects. Personally I use red buzz, alliance general, and MCR with Pharaoh. NO ONE keeps their beneficial effects. Ever.

It's actually pretty entertaining to see the effects go back and forth. I battle my own defense just for a laugh sometimes.

Edit: I was totally thinking of perfect immortality. Whoops. But that just goes to show how it's not a huge issue, otherwise I would have known right off the bat. Personally Eda has never given me problems when facing her. I don't have her, which is why I was confused for a few minutes lol
    Last edited by Dank Brew; 12-20-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ428 View Post
    I don’t think that makes PI an issue though instead of addressing that what the devs really need to do is fix the other time sink namely running troopers.
    This is the most important thing for "saving time". This affects EVERYONE who plays the game. Not everyone plays PvP constantly, hell most people don't even have time to play more than once a day for the daily reward after doing all 50.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    I don’t think that makes PI an issue though instead of addressing that what the devs really need to do is fix the other time sink namely running troopers. The last couple good bye threads seem to focus on it taking too long to run 50 troopers. I think if they addressed that which has been begged by a lot of players that would quiet a few of the issues not changing an ability just for the sake of the arena.
    partly agree. you can run troopers on auto, so that's time consuming as hell, but no attention is required. you can run troopers and do something else at the same time. i'm fighting for a faster trooper usage for many months now, but that's no high priority thing for the devs.
    pvp is totally different, because it's almost impossible to do it on auto. so for competing here real "quality time" is needed and you have to be focussed 100%. that's why this affects the pvp players much more than the trooper usage.

all i say is, this game requires too much time to fulfill all daily "tasks" that's my main concern PI is just one small part of the mosaik.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    As a side not any word on any hot fix going in, just got another update for the game
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.

As a side not any word on any hot fix going in, just got another update for the game
    The server data that just went live had only one small fix; the Beelzebub Soul cost the correct amount of Frontier Coins, but was still not purchasable due to an error in the store data.

Also just wanted to rapid fire touch on some subjects that have been brought up in the last few pages:

• Regarding countering Perfect Immunity, Amarthir touched on most of what my thoughts are for what we expect you to do to counter it. Probably the trickiest thing to consider for Perfect Immunity is that there's definitely no universal counter, but situational counters depending on what it's paired with (Prisoner stopping most passive shenanigans, but if you can't remove it then prevent extending it by stealing Power, etc). A more direct counter to Perfect Immunity will eventually come, but still, there are local answers to various situations. However, as a developer, I don't typically want to spill the beans on every counter we've thought of, which is why I'm typically pretty silent when the subject comes up (I don't really want to point out any strategies that haven't already been brought up).
    • Regarding the Angel of Fear shenanigans, our main combat programmer has this as his current task he's working through, so I'm working with him and Kaz to make sure we consider all the funky cases that can occur to ensure this works correctly (or at least drastically reduce the weird/undesirable cases).
    • Regarding the time investment factor, obviously PVP is it's own beast that evolves based on what the meta is, and we're keeping an eye on that and adjusting future content to help combat that, at least to a degree. Specifically on the subject of using 50 troopers, this is something I'm actively discussing solutions for with a different programmer, so while I don't have a timeline for when a solution for troopers will make it in, I can say that progress is happening to bring it to the live game.

Finally, the discussion was getting a bit heated, but I appreciate everyone taking a step back and calming down before things got too hectic. It's always good to keep in mind that we're all people here, and I can definitely say that as developers we are actively digesting the criticisms everyone has... but please keep it civil so we don't start needing to take a scalpel to people's comments.

OS
    iOS
    I just don’t get what everyone is complaining about. Bunch of whiners is all I hear.

PI is great as is.
    AOF extra turns are fine as is.
    Trooper usage time is a non issue.

Please keep any negative feedback to yourselves thanks.

OS
    iOS
    Yep we get it dude. No need to keep saying the same thing over and over. Lol
    I saw the Number tour as well. Cool!

It’s not a matter of losing these battles going against PI. These are good players speaking out on it. We aren’t losing the battles. It’s just delaying the inevitable, making them drag out. So there are less battles, less iron coins earned, etc.

It’s just opinion and preference though. There are certainly many other issues with PvP too.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    you can see i'm a long time forum member and i have contact with many players inside and outside the forum. so i'm very sure to have at least an idea of what many people think about the game. if you follow the forums you will also get a sense of what many people think. .
    No, you might get a sense based on the players who actually post on the forum .... That's not "many players" Sorry, but the amount of players who actively participate here is likely less than 10% if common trends hold true. You can't conflate the forum user to "all" users. It's not a direct correlation. If the total number of players you are in touch with is under 4 figures, I don't think "many" is a correct reference.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    just to wait two more turns to kill the last enemy because pharaoh casted invincibility for eda is ridiculous.
    Why is that ridiculous? Because it makes you wait? And you waiting is a game issue that is deserving of development time? Or, be honest, is it just because you want the game to favor how you wish to play? I think you are being very self-centered and not seeing the whole picture at all.

I understand some dislike PI.. but that, in my opinion, is absolutely undeserving of ANY dev time to address.

And please.. we're all Maiden fans, or at least most of us.. that genre in itself is inherent to people who speak up and are, well, perhaps blunt at times. I mean nothing personal by anything. Text just generally does a shitty job of conveying attitude. I'm not a public speaker for a reason
    Last edited by Yup; 12-20-2017 at 10:28 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..