Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Yup, there's no reason to start name calling. People have a right to want gameplay that they find more fun. Everyone has there own style of play. Whether your style is affected by certain things or not is beside the point. Personally I think the nerfs to dragon king were too much and nothing has been said on that.

And, yes, Astra should be balanced. Her power move at a cost of 5 is out of line. Devs won't do it because not everyone is using her, nevermind that it's only because she's more rare than any of the Eddie's.

OS
    iOS
    I didn't call anyone names. Please reread.

Look to be clear.. I dislike Perfect Immunity... but it's NOT a bug or problem like some want to make it out to be.

I'd MUCH rather see dev time go towards preventing AoF giving an entire team 3 or 4 extra turns, even after it's dead. THAT is what a bug looks like folks.

And for the record.. I don't find Astra unbalanced at all compared to MANY other characters. The #1 overbalanced character in the game is VHE with its charge and revive to full health fury - 1 or the other, but both is ludicrous. Now I know that's not going to ever change because the same group complaining they can't get around perfect immunity is most likely the same group that would complain about a VHE nerf. People on this forum are NOT a consensus of the game players. They are a select, minute collection of players.
    Last edited by Yup; 12-20-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    The only issue with PI for me is it slows down the battle. I get that it's annoying in PvP, you want to get as many battles done as quick as possible. Other than that I don't see any reason to complain, personally i don't have a problem with it. And everyone here knows I'm one hell of a complainer! At least I can admit it hah
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I didn't call anyone names. Please reread. I posted "wimpy players' if someone wants to prescribe that to themselves, so be it.

Look to be clear.. I dislike Perfect Immunity... but it's NOT a bug or problem like some want to make it out to be.

I'd MUCH rather see dev time go towards preventing AoF giving an entire team 3 or 4 extra turns, even after it's dead. THAT is what a bug looks like folks.

And for the record.. I don't find Astra unbalanced at all compared to MANY other characters. The #1 overbalanced character in the game is VHE with its charge and revive to full health fury - 1 or the other, but both is ludicrous. Now I know that's not going to ever change.
    There was that remark, but also referring to the previous one as well. And looks more like trying to incite something than be helpful. I've reported several bugs that work against my team, despite the fact that it might be useful information for someone in formulating a defense. Be helpful, not just throw out criticism of other players. That's what community is.

Currently VHE is broken, much the same way as Clair. And yes, he's still dominant in arena because he's OP. I keep both of my VHE's on the bench, so I could use him but I'm sure everyone is just as sick of facing the same defenses over and over that I choose not to.

Finally, as to the bugs ever getting fully resolved. As someone who's written my share of code, I doubt that without a rewrite of the core game engine that it will ever be fully resolved. It's always going to be fix one thing and break something else.

OS
    iOS
    To be clear... I have at least a couple decades of experience with code and developers. I'm NOT a developer myself though. I'm front end, not back end. Yeah, I'd be the one changing shard shapes... I have often beta tested for major software corporations and been privy to back end, open and honest, beta testing discussions.

To be clear, it's not like I'm in high school or as if I'm unfamiliar with the general back end process for app/software development - full disclosure, I'm probably older than 90% of the users here. Saw Maiden live during the Number of the Beast and Powerslave tours....

I know full well that most developers WANT to correct issues, and that MOST developers can't tell what is REALLY an issue or just some random user complaint until the complaint is investigated. Every issue which needs to be investigated takes time. That time can often be put to better use than trying to track down issues a small group of players dislike because they want an easier game for themselves.

By all means if someone can list a REPEATABLE steps to show an issue, I'm all for it. However "Need a counter to perfect immunity because it slows down my battles" is hardly that.

I wasn't trying to incite anything. However, listening to people whine month after month after month about non-issues can get tiresome. Find a bug.. post how it's repeatable, otherwise some might need to accept that this game will never be "perfect" for them.

For the record, I've posted on this forum a couple times with concise, repeatable, steps to reproduce a bug. And in all cases the bug has been fixed. I'm aware that some bugs are difficult to provide steps for (the AoF bug is clearly one of them).

I AM trying to be helpful.. from a development standpoint... admittedly I am fairly apathetic to the users whining that "perfect immunity makes the game too slow" though.
    Last edited by Yup; 12-20-2017 at 07:19 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    To be clear... I have at least a couple decades of experience with code and developers. I'm NOT a developer myself though. I have often beta tested for major software corporations and been privy to back end, open and honest, beta testing discussions.

To be clear, it's not like I'm in high school or as if I'm unfamiliar with the general back end process for app/software development - full disclosure, I'm probably older than 90% of the users here. Saw Maiden live during the Number of the Beast and Powerslave tours....

I know full well that most developers WANT to correct issues, and that MOST developers can't tell what is REALLY an issue or just some random user complaint until the complaint is investigated. Every issue which needs to be investigated takes time. That time can often be put to better use than trying to track down issues a small group of players dislike because they want an easier game for themselves.

By all means if someone can list a REPEATABLE steps to show an issue, I'm all for it. However "Need a counter to perfect immunity because it slows down my battles" is hardly that.

I wasn't trying to incite anything. However, listening to people whine month after month after month about non-issues can get tiresome. Find a bug.. post how it's repeatable, otherwise some might need to accept that this game will never be "perfect" for them.

I AM trying to be helpful.. from a development standpoint... admittedly I am fairly apathetic to the users whining that "perfect immunity makes the game too slow" though.
    This makes perfect sense to me. I'm actually glad you posted this cause it will (probably... lol) help me be a bit more patient with bugs being fixed.

However, the counter yourself bug pisses me off. lol
    I didn't notice this one in the patch notes, but I haven't seen it happen today so far.
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dank Brew View Post
    I didn't notice this one in the patch notes, but I haven't seen it happen today so far.
    just based on my own experience, I haven't seen that bug the last few days and I've battled teams where it would have presented itself if it were still an issue. I was having fun with it
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Yup,

Try being helpful to other players as well, it's not that hard. Sharing strategies isn't that big a deal.

When it comes to age, I'm 50. Saw Maiden on the World Slavery, Somewhere on Tour and Maiden England tours. Taught myself to program in junior high school, basic and assembly language. I don't code for a living, but I do some microcontroller stuff as a hobby. I have a good idea of what the code for the game is like and it's not pretty.

Trying to help identify the cause of bugs is a good thing. If I know what caused it, I usually put that in my bug write up. The one I hope not to repeat is the one with alchemist ghost lasting for it seemed like 20 turns, but it's hard to tell. No one to permadeath him, so just had to wait it out. Even got the draw screen, but I continued and was finally rewarded with his counter finally working correctly.

OS
    Android
    I was having fun with it
    Since I started using red buzz with counter strike it has been pretty funny cause he heals himself or someone else with his attack most of the time... Let me just hit and heal myself at the same time. Lmao
    I'm pretty sure I saw him steal power from himself once too. Super silly haha
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Saw Maiden on the World Slavery, Somewhere on Tour and Maiden England tours.
    Super jealous. Still haven't had the chance to see them. One day...
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572