Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

New Apple Loot Box Rules

Liebhild posted an interesting link in another thread.

Basically, Apple wants players to know the odds when spending on "chance" activities in video games. The obvious target in LotB is the Book of Souls.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...-to-list-odds/

According to the article the rules went into effect last Wednesday.

I went to both the iTunes app store and the NF website and didn't see anything listed.

Sparton or Kaz - is this "Lootbox" rule applying to you? And if so when and where will the odds be posted? Will the posted odds be the same for Android as well?

Thanks!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Hey Nicko!

Great post :-)

Would they have to post just the odds for like a lv4 toon, or the odds for that being a dupe as well?

Come on now, I got at least 10 Assassin Tricksters so far, no Astra. I still don't have a Prisoner (lost count of Cyborgs and Aces High)...

... and... I bought 90 Valkyries souls with ZERO of them in return.

What are the odds of that?!?

This game needs a shard system for toons, regular toons, and a shard system for events as well (bought x souls guaranteed the new toon)

Last thing, there are SO MANY new toons at each update... so the odds are always worst for the toons you don't have.

What do you guys think?

Cheers
    gmac

OS
    iOS
    "Fire Emblem Heroes offers an example of how this odds-listing system could work in action. Now, when you mull over which of the game's slot machines you want to pay currency to (there's typically a couple to pick from), you should expect to see a list of every single hero in the game, along with a variety of "rarities" that determine strength and other combat attributes, with a percentage likelihood attached."

Obviously most of us won't be concerned about 3* or below. It will also be interesting to see if the long-held conspiracy theory that certain accounts are tagged to get certain toons frequently (aka "shit dupe") and not others is addressed.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Obviously most of us won't be concerned about 3* or below. It will also be interesting to see if the long-held conspiracy theory that certain accounts are tagged to get certain toons frequently (aka "shit dupe") and not others is addressed.
    I said this before, it feels like the more successful you get, the more the game pushes you away...

Newer player seems to be given better odds from RNG (I'm totally ok with that)

I just wish we had more transparency, so we can choose to participate, or not.

cheers
    gmac

OS
    Android
    now this is really interesting guys. if i understand it right, apple forces the companies to reveal the odds for purchsable items. (sad that apple cares more about customers than our slowassed governments)

if you ask me this is really necessary, the companies like NF want our money which is okay, but they have to let us, know what we will get for it. this a slotmachines like gamble and at least we should know the odds for winning the prices. right now it like the wild west with very litte restrictions. a paradise for companies and a hell for the customers.

NF it's your turn now, hope we will get some answers soon

EDIT: thanks for opening this thred nicko, great work.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Sounds very intriguing. Reminds me of the Dropchance threads me and Slauki made last year. Those threads are still collecting dust somewhere here I'm sure.

I recall that after the new Battlefront II came out with its lootbox issue that the Dutch 'chance games authority' (translated literally here) said that they were going to investigate if these types of games would fall under some sort of gambling.

Note that the BoS is not the only chance-based thing here that we don't know about. We have no clue about level drops either (the percentage of Talisman drops from BNW, or Rare Souls from LoL for instance).
    And I would be very curious just how big the odds of a new character are in all the special event souls we've had so far.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    it will be good to know the chance to drop good toons
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Haven't seen it mentioned, but the possibility exists that they just get rid of the loot box type purchases. It could mean a change in the game economy and still no information on odds. If souls aren't purchased directly with real money, odds don't need to be given. The flip side is probably reduced rewards available freely.

Also the way I read it, the information only needs to be given when purchasing. So, could be that info only shows up for iOS users (presumably someone would share it).

Thanks for creating a separate thread for the discussion.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot new to clarify on the subject right now; it was quite a surprise when we found out about the guideline change late last week, and we're still working with Apple to better understand these new guidelines and what information they want to make sure is communicated.

That said, myself or someone else from the team will share more when we have further information, but I expect that may take a week or more before anything comes to light of it.

OS
    iOS
    Thanks Sparton - much appreciated!
    Nicko-0517