OS
    iOS

How to fight a Pharaoh Eddie in PVP -- Help!

So I seem to have the most shit luck when it comes to fighting these guys, as they always have revive all at the ready or their fury which allows full team invincibility. Not only that, but they deal true damage, which needs to be specifically built against with True Talismans. One team in particular I see is Pharaoh Eddie, Sentinel Harpy, Sentinel Newborn of Light, and Gunner Undead Rescuer. It feels almost impossible to beat all of them. Any tips?

OS
    iOS
    Have 3 high damage attacker plus a healer with high HP. Go after Pharoah first.

OS
    Android
    Not sure what type of shields you're facing, but I'd make sure you bring in someone that can steal beneficial effects and use that first to remove any shields on Pharaoh. Warrior Undead Rescuer (WUR) works well for this because he steals all beneficial effects (vs. just one) and he is pretty cheap to shard up.

Compile at least one (maybe two) of your team members with Thief and Energy talismans to keep Pharaoh's abilities in check. GPD has green/gold slots and a nice passive, so he's perfect for this approach. I also like Thief paired with Counters, so you're just repeatedly stealing Fury while it's being generated.

If you can, bring in a high damager - someone like corrupt harpy that can take out a huge chunk of his power. And like Rayn13 said, attack Pharaoh first.

The same approach works well against Clair, who has a similar effect profile and often comes in with Endures, which as mentioned above, should be stolen right out of the gate.

Good luck!
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    Rayn is correct...you need high-damage Warriors.

What is your attack team? Don’t use any Magus characters, and you don’t need True Talismans.

Also, I didn’t know there was a Gunner Undead Rescuer, or did you mean Warrior Undead Rescuer who blocks?

If the team has any blockers or counters, then go after them first. After that go after Pharaoh. If no blockers or counters, then go after Pharaoh immediately.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    Also, I didn’t know there was a Gunner Undead Rescuer, or did you mean Warrior Undead Rescuer who blocks?
    The Gunner Undead Rescuer was available through an event at the start of October. Don't remember his Passive, but his basic steals Power and/or Fury.

As others have said, Thief and Energy Talismans (I use the latter a lot) will help out a fair bit.
    Permadeath (Thorn Shield) will also help, because then Pharaoh cannot revive people. Plus the Heal Block helps out too.

If I see a lot of Sentinels I often bring the Warrior Newborn of Light. He's fairly common in my experience. Not only can he remove enemy buffs (75% chance), but his Passive allows him to attack multiple times in a turn. If you're lucky he can strip most of the enemy team's buffs by the start of your next turn. I have Health and Explosive on mine, but Immunity/Shell (Will for the former), Piercing, Hunter, or Thorn Talismans work just as well.
    Best of luck.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    Ah ok, thanks Kardas, I haven’t seen much of the Gunner Undead Rescuer, so thanks for the clarification!

Cheers!

OS
    Android
    Actually that is a defense i can get happy when i see it. Because it is not a nightmare defense imo.
    I wonder what will you think when you face top 25 defenses

But yes, i agree with everyone here. Try to take out the Pharaoh first. Always start with killing the most problematic char at the defense. Bring some healers / blockers for survival, use the right talismans in your inventory. Most important thing is to check your characters skills and talisman effects, that way you can apply a solid strategy.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android
    My attack team usually consists of a blocker, a healer, a destroyer and a reviver. I've never quite seen Pharaoh Eddie as a problem but it'd be best to keep his power low so that he can't use his revive.

If you can inflict Silence on him (Cyclone Talismans) he won't even be an issue
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings