Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    All good points being made. But here's the thing - I don't want to play some other game. I'm here for Iron Fucking Maiden, and to play the different Eddies from the posters in my room growing up.

So enough of this funeral, let's roll up our sleeves and see if we can get a gauge of player interest going ourselves to let the devs know what's important to us.

1. Which element do you feel should be the primary focus of the devs for the next month?

(A) Bug fixes and nothing else
    (B) New Characters
    (C) New Worlds/Storylines
    (D) New ways to play the game
    (E) Shortening the daily obligations/tasks

2. Which element has most made you feel like quitting the game?

(A) Inability to get the characters I really want
    (B) The length of time it takes to play Troopers each day
    (C) The bugs
    (D) Spending money and being let down with your pulls
    (E) Boredom with lack of new content

3. Suppose a new world was released, and you beat it in the first 3 days. How do you feel?

(A) Hey, at least we've got some new scenery to farm! I'm good for 6 months.
    (B) That was fun but now I'm bored again
    (C) Night City was cool, but I really wanted Silent Planet... whatever that might be
    (D) I voted to fix the bugs, dammit

4. Suppose the team fixed every bug in the game:

(A) Thank you devs, I will now play all the time because that AoF doesn't give random extra turns anymore
    (B) Nothing will really change in my gameplay, but I'm happy they're fixed
    (C) Fuck you guys, I relied on those bugs to compete in PVP and now I have to find a new offense
    (D) Sure you fixed the bugs, but where's my new content? I want it all, and I want it now.

5. What's the most exciting part of the game for you right now?

(A) Getting to play as Eddie / getting new Eddies to play around with
    (B) Creating new and innovative PVP Teams
    (C) The storylines
    (D) New and challenging ways to play
    (E) The satisfaction of giving my Troopers badges
    (F) Looking forward to getting new characters
    (G) Fix the damn bugs!

666. You can make one change to the game that will improve it, in your own words. What's your idea?

__________________________________________________ ______
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    couple of things to think about:

dying forum=dying game?
    we have to seperate the game and forums. many more guys play but a lot of them don't read the forum, because they lack of english for example. but the dying forum is a clear indicator for lower interest than in the early days.as contributor from the early days on, i can say, that there is almost nothing new we haven't dicusussed in epic posts several times. trooper issue discussed a dozen times, rng discussed a million times, low content discussion a billion times. feels like farming powerslave the 20000th time, when reading about one of the issue again. so we have reached a natural content limit in the forum.

events:
    keep em coming, right now it's the only light in the dark. days without events are fucking boring. and it doesn't take that much time to implement them so this won't lead to significant delays in other sections of the game. january is way too slow eventwise i think.

new content:
    once you played for a while almost every story based content can distract you for a few days/weeks in the best case. look at bnw, it took almost a year to program it and i belive not many play it at all. story based content won't help us a lot, only thing that keeps this game going is pvp for me. so we need something in that direction that creates some longterm motivation. guilds, raids something like that, but i doubt it will ever come. that said, it's a bloody shame that it takes so long to get something new, this game has so much potential which is simply wasted. prolly the resources NF has are too small to make it better/faster.

general problem:
    how to motivate someone who plays a game for more than a a few months? the player base it not infinite like in SWGOH for example. maiden is popular but not that big if you take the guys into account who are willing to play this game, it's a somewhat limited player field. so they have to take care of the customers they have. but they are not very good at crating good motivational systems or they are not allowed to implement them at least. but regardless what you do, every game gets old after a while and in addition with a very limited player base, this is a structural problem, that's almost impossible to solve.

that all said, i still like the game and the community. the game got so much better in the last 16 months. if the game would have been released in this stadium it would have been huge. but after 1,5 years i fear that the pace of positive development just isn't fast enough.

sorry for the essay, reminds me on good old witkacy

cheers,

Slauki

EDIT:
    @ mariner i really appreciate your positivity buddy

1. C,D,
    2. B (all obligations in total pvp is far more time intense)
    3. A
    4. B (and c for defense :P )
    5. H (addiction :P )
    Last edited by slauki; 01-10-2018 at 12:26 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Game is shit.. 10 minutes of play.. told to relaunch 8 times....

doesn't matter what they do if they can't fix the actual performance issues.

But okay...

1 - A
    2 - C/D/E
    3 - A
    4 - A
    5 - G/F

Fix the performance issues.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-10-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    1. D, E, New Worlds will likely be far between no matter what, so I prefer newer and more interesting ways to play, in addition to guilds, raids etc. How about a more interesting "live" mode where you play with other players in special modes? Maybe I want to team up with GotN and Mariner and kick The Beast's ass for special team rewards. We could make a champion team and that would grind our troopers much faster and it would be very entertaining.

2. B, E, the whole reason why I quit was for that very issue, the same thing every day with no interesting ways of doing it.

3. A, I'll take whatever I can get, I'll play the shit out of new worlds and play those worlds for events because rewards could very likely be the best there.

4. B, I tried staying away from battles I know would cause bugs, but knowing they're not there would make me feel less stressed about playing.

5. B, D, I like looking for different teams that aren't the same as everyone else's, it's challenging because there's not much creative room.

6. See my answer to 1
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

While this won't address all of the concerns brought up in the thread, we do here the desire for a State of the Nation-style post, it's just taking longer than expected to get that rolling and posted. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    All good points being made. But here's the thing - I don't want to play some other game. I'm here for Iron Fucking Maiden, and to play the different Eddies from the posters in my room growing up.

So enough of this funeral, let's roll up our sleeves and see if we can get a gauge of player interest going ourselves to let the devs know what's important to us.

[Questionnaire]
    Favourite post from this year. Thanks for starting this other thread, too!

OS
    iOS

1. Which element do you feel should be the primary focus of the devs for the next month?

3. Suppose a new world was released, and you beat it in the first 3 days. How do you feel?

(C) Fuck you guys, I relied on those bugs to compete in PVP and now I have to find a new offense (AOF)

(F) Looking forward to getting new characters - Not only getting them, but building them up, getting the right Tals on them seeing that little 3 star toon turn into a 5 star beast.

666. You can make one change to the game that will improve it, in your own words. What's your idea?
    I would like the SOT limit increased to 100 or even 120. If I had to pay $10 or $20 for that option I would. To me the biggest problem with running Troopers is having it auto play for an hour while watching TV, getting 70% of the team done, then having to find another 45 min or so in the morning or afternoon, after the SOT has refilled, to finish. Plus the SOT limit only keeps me farming Powerslave mostly. As such, I don't have much time to play LOL or BNW because it's a waste of SOT and I can't get the Troopers done.

I know..spend Ironite. I DON'T on that stupid thing. Note, I did say I'd pay for it once though. Just sayin....
    I answered inline. I liked a lot of the options so I put them in order how I would like to see them.
    Last edited by Zerynx; 01-10-2018 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Typo
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    it's just taking longer than expected to get that rolling...
    I think we’ve all learned to expect that by now. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Here are my answers:

1. A,E
    2. B
    3. D
    4. B
    5. D
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    Here are my answers:

1. (D) New ways to play the game

2. I've never wanted to quit

3. (A) Hey, at least we've got some new scenery to farm! I'm good for 6 months.

4. (B) Nothing will really change in my gameplay, but I'm happy they're fixed

5. (B) Creating new and innovative PVP Teams

Cheers!
    Carlos

OS
    Android

(B) New Characters

(C) The bugs
    (D) Spending money and being let down with your pulls

(B) That was fun but now I'm bored again
    (C) Night City was cool, but I really wanted Silent Planet... whatever that might be
    (D) I voted to fix the bugs, dammit

(A) Thank you devs, I will now play all the time because that AoF doesn't give random extra turns anymore
    (C) Fuck you guys, I relied on those bugs to compete in PVP and now I have to find a new offense
    (D) Sure you fixed the bugs, but where's my new content? I want it all, and I want it now.

(B) Creating new and innovative PVP Teams
    (C) The storylines
    (F) Looking forward to getting new characters
    (G) Fix the damn bugs!

__________________________________________________ ______
    1. A, E. In that order
    2. E, D (although changed for me in the last 3 months)
    3. A
    4. B
    5. G
    666. a) Addressing Trooper play. Completing this task to be able to move on to other things.
    b) Inceasing SOT.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹