Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Live After Death...

This post is going to serve as a running tally/list of ideas/wants from this community. It doesn't mean we're getting what we wish for, but it sure won't hurt.

We need more feedback. Please go to the Dead Forum Dead Game post and contribute your opinions. I will tally up that feedback as we get it.

General:
    - Devs, please communicate any details you can to the masses regarding what this year has in store (State of the union 2018)
    - Bring back the most epic event you ever ran, the Immortal Soul event (slauki, mariner, and probably everyone else who experienced it)
    - Seems that server errors are a BIG priority issue for many. That's probably priority 1 right now. Toons not performing exactly as expected is annoying, but that's not preventing gameplay like server errors.
    - make all 5* worthy (give PDK an aoe attack for example and he will be great) it sucks to get an uber rare toon like mystic eddie just to find out that he is crap (slauki)

Gameplay Landscape:
    - New worlds every 3 to 6 months (Yup)
    --- Small world additions that have specific purpose, such as a POM level that you grind for POM Soul Fragments (slauki)
    --- Launch some levels "incomplete" - where you release a new stage for them each week (slauki)
    - All LOL Dungeons open all the time (Yup)
    - SOT limit increased to 100 or even 120. If I had to pay $10 or $20 for that option I would. (Zerynx)

Daily Rewards / level rewards:
    - Get rid of the 1000 coin reward in LOL (slauki, Carlos)
    - Change the undead soldier reward on day 6 to be a sacrificial heart or something (slauki)
    --- First vote goes to sacrificial heart, but if not, maybe make it vary toons from week to week? (mariner)
    --- since there are 6 precious soul characters, we spread them throughout the month, (1* Gold Idol on the 5th, 1* Heart on the 10th, 3* Gold Idol on the 15th and so on) (Amarthir)

Troopers:
    - Let us play 2 or more troopers at once (slauki), possibly an Instant play option where you clear a level you've already beat with the same team (Rain88)
    (Full breakdown HERE)
    - Addition of a "Live" mode where several troopers team up to make a super team and attack a challenge. (Amarthir) (see more details below)

Souls:
    - Consider taking another look at the soul classification and ability to pull tiered toons (Patrice)
    (Join this discussion HERE)
    - Ability to prevent dupes with very specific souls - (discussion to come)

Leaderboard:
    - A Leaderboard for the best times in PVP and PVE (slauki)
    --- Slauki spoke briefly to the point of rewards each week, ongoing discussion below/will update with outcome
    - "Endless levels" and you compete for the highest level achieved (Carlos)
    - Compete to see who clears the most levels in X-time (Carlos)

PVP:

"WANTS" - changes to the current PVP landscape...

- Better rewards (Slauki)
    - Rankings in the arena adjusted (narrow the gap from duellist to warlord 3 with more tiers) (Drfeelgood232)
    - Better rewards - a Mythical soul a 5 stars of your choice, exclusive talismans, something that can’t be gain by just farming (Kamuz24z)
    - maybe create toons that can be achieve only when you win Eternal or top 5 (Kamuz)
    --- give those toons unique abilities (no mediocre toons) everyone will fight to get this toons (Kamuz)
    - Top tier rewards change from week to week (Ezz)
    - a different point system so the players who can’t play on Saturday can fight for Eternal (Kamuz)
    - hide attack team and talismans from players (Kamuz)
    - PVP Player Badges
    --- give the Eternal of the week something different like a golden symbol so when you face him/her in the arena you know he/she is the king of last week (Kamuz)
    --- Gold/silver/bronze medals in the nickname or the avatar for those who have been eternal/rank2/rank3 (surfingwithdje)
    - Ties need to be accounted for in rewards. (i.e. Rank 13 tied with Rank 10, but rewards are distributed alphabetically so 11-13 miss out. Should all be rank 10, get rewards, and then the next point person should start at 14). (Peppoah)
    - Fix leader recognition (at the moment, the best reward is community recognition but the poster is messed up) (Carlos)
    - Ability to choose your coin toss when testing your defense. (mariner)
    - Eternals should be rewarded with a 5 star character ( rotating through the full pool of 5 stars, a different character each week) an actual 5 star character, not a soul! (Chaosego888)
    - bonus points for list clears and win streaks (chaosego888)

"NEW IDEAS" to be implemented in addition to the current PVP experience...
    (Join the discussion HERE)

- Addition of guilds (Slauki)
    - Addition of raids (Slauki)
    - Trooper team up? (Amarthir)
    - "Go blind" - RNG will randomly pick any of your 3 defenses so anytime you fight the same player you won’t fight the same defense (Kamuz)
    - give a twist to pvp every month like been able to bring a second Eddie but not like in pve where you can switch Eddies; Character class restrictions, Talisman or power move limitations (Kamuz, Ezz)
    --- other ladders in PVP (above concepts, but done in separate PVP instances) (+ only sentinels, no power moves) (surfingwithdje)
    - New Competition formats, such as Monthly rewards for top cumulative point standings for the entire month, Tournament of some sort (Ezz)
    - Hall of fame (slauki, surfingwithdje)
    - A "skin soul" that would give the winner a toon with different color (same abilities and stats) - something like a black nomad, that would be awesome and clearly would reward a player to fight for a top spot. (Carlos)
    - Fragments drop for special characters, not an event but something ongoing where you needed 5000 or so before claiming a special character (chaosego888)

Store:
    - Make a soul available for 800 Frontier coins that guarantees a non-dupe 5* toon (Mariner)
    - Revisit some store prices, or bring back the specials like XP Boost for 1M Gold (slauki, and an older slauki post)
    - Monthly support subscription - $5/$10 voluntary monthly contribution, with or without something in return (slauki)
    --- I would do this too. Or construct new packs like the founders packs. (mariner)
    - gold boost similar to the XP boost (Amarthir)
    - other stuff shouls be available for gold too like xp and talisman evo packs (slauki)
    - lower the price for the monthly legendary soul, 10 mio is somewhat out of line, feels like a robbery (slauki)

Audio:
    - include live versions of their music for battle scenes (brewtus)
    - Add lyrics back in and vary the music a bit - maybe ability to randomize tracks (Yup, Brewtus and Amarthir)

General Promotions:
    - Build in a gps location identifier and pair it with real-world events. For example, you go to the Maiden concert this summer and when you arrive, it recognizes that you're there and you earn a special 'tour soul' for a new toon, or a tour pack that gives you special character skins (expanding on Carlos's idea) (mariner)

Thank you to all that have responded so far! Others please join in.

Poll Results:

1. Which element do you feel should be the primary focus of the devs for the next month?

7 (A) Bug fixes and nothing else
    0 (B) New Characters
    3 (C) New Worlds/Storylines
    5 (D) New ways to play the game
    7 (E) Shortening the daily obligations/tasks
    1 (F) Change dupe loot system (Blade)

2. Which element has most made you feel like quitting the game?

2 (A) Inability to get the characters I really want
    8 (B) The length of time it takes to play Troopers each day
    4 (C) The bugs
    2 (D) Spending money and being let down with your pulls
    5 (E) Boredom with lack of new content
    1 (F) I've never wanted to quit (Right on, Carlos)

3. Suppose a new world was released, and you beat it in the first 3 days. How do you feel?

12 (A) Hey, at least we've got some new scenery to farm! I'm good for 6 months.
    1 (B) That was fun but now I'm bored again
    1 (C) Night City was cool, but I really wanted Silent Planet... whatever that might be
    3 (D) I voted to fix the bugs, dammit

4. Suppose the team fixed every bug in the game:

3 (A) Thank you devs, I will now play all the time because that AoF doesn't give random extra turns anymore
    11 (B) Nothing will really change in my gameplay, but I'm happy they're fixed
    3 (C) Fuck you guys, I relied on those bugs to compete in PVP and now I have to find a new offense/defense
    0 (D) Sure you fixed the bugs, but where's my new content? I want it all, and I want it now.

5. What's the most exciting part of the game for you right now?

4 (A) Getting to play as Eddie / getting new Eddies to play around with
    3 (B) Creating new and innovative PVP Teams
    1 (C) The storylines
    6 (D) New and challenging ways to play
    1 (E) The satisfaction of giving my Troopers badges
    5 (F) Looking forward to getting new characters
    4 (G) Fix the damn bugs!
    2 (H) Addiction!

666. (See above)
    Last edited by Mariner-1212; 01-12-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    Performance fixes

- Kill the AoF Extra turn whenever it feels like it, even if it's dead, issue

- Night City

- Secret Planet

- ALL LoL dungeons available all the time

- Unannounced New World

- Unannounced new Dungeon

- Unannounced New World

- Unannounced New World

- Unannounced New World

Rather than events, this game should really be releasing new "levels' or "worlds' every 3 to 6 months, minimum.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

Rather than events, this game should really be releasing new "levels' or "worlds' every 3 to 6 months, minimum.
    love the idea, bring us the FOTD level back for example, or something like that. that was mini content which was really good. sparton said, that they had "technical issues" to implement that, so go on and solve the issues i'd say. this would open ENDLESS possibilities. a piece of mind level to farm piece of mind eddie frags or POM soul frags for example.

dammit release night city and add a new level of it every week, be creative guys :P

what i would love to see in addition to this:

- give us some rewards for beating certain times in EVERY level. so we would have to play every level again to complete the best time and to grab the rewards.
    -change the pvp ranking, so that we get rid of the saturday rush. maybe a daily, a two days ranking or a twice per week ranking would be interesting which would contribute to a monthly ranking with different rewards.
    - let us play two or more troopers at once
    - give us better rewards for pvp, so that it's worth to play it
    - give us some reason to play other levels than powerslave/amolad/god over and over again
    - get rid of the 1000 coin rewards in LOL dungeons
    - open lol every day (very good one from yup)
    - give us a pvp/pve hall of fame
    -change the stupid yellow undead soldier as monthly reward for day 6 and give a 5* sacrificial heart or something like that
    - give us a state of the nation 2018, what should we expect this year?
    - give us some more days of the most epic event ever - the immortal one !!!
    - lower the store prices for some good stuff. i would love to support the game, but i won't let me get robbed with the prices.i would rather donate 5-10$ than buy a stupid talisman pack, and i'm dead serious with that
    - servers are sooo slow in the last weeks - was the 300 char slots jump maybe too big?
    Last edited by slauki; 01-10-2018 at 01:15 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Replace that gateway 386 they’re using as a server. Holy crap is it slow tonight. These server issues since the dec update are going to kill the game for me. It already took long enough to run troopers, etc. now it’s just becoming too frustrating to bother.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    now it’s just becoming too frustrating to bother.
    ... EXACTLY where I'm heading....
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I came up with a neat idea on Dank's post.

How about a more interesting "live" mode where you play with other players in special modes? Maybe I want to team up with GotN and Mariner and kick The Beast's ass for special team rewards. We could make a champion team and that would grind our troopers much faster and it would be very entertaining to see what having 3 or 4 Eddie's on one team can do. It could make some unused Eddies more interesting as well.
    Name:  22etmd.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  83.8 KB
    Last edited by Amarthir; 01-10-2018 at 01:54 AM.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    All these "new modes" and stuff are interesting.

However, once one stops to think about just how many new worlds, dungeons, or levels have been released in the last 6 months...

...sorry new "modes" are a pipe dream at best and nowhere close to reality. CLEARLY development has plateaued at new characters, thus the monthly events.... for a level/world based game to have ZERO new levels/worlds in at least 4 months, if not exceptionally longer, is shameful. You may as well hope for a "Lotto Eddie" that accurately predicts winning lotto numbers for your area. It's just as likely.

... Everyone rises to their level of incompetency..... LoTB is no different. They'll throw in new characters regularly because that's an easy thing... But actually having to build new level/world seems far beyond what development is willing to take on. Just look at BNW and how horrible that was/is... it's simply not in their wheelhouse I'm afraid. If it was, they'd fix issues faster and more effectively rather than just making pretty 3D artwork for a new character.

The reality is they probably know their rates of daily active user, revenue generation, and user decay and as long as those stay at relatively the same amounts, they don't actually need to do anything differently. So what if you quit... a new user will start playing.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-10-2018 at 01:57 AM.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    love the idea, bring us the FOTD level back for example, or something like that. that was mini content which was really good. sparton said, that they had "technical issues" to implement that, so go on and solve the issues i'd say. this would open ENDLESS possibilities. a piece of mind level to farm piece of mind eddie frags or POM soul frags for example.

dammit release night city and add a new level of it every week, be creative guys :P

what i would love to see in addition to this:

- give us some rewards for beating certain times in EVERY level. so we would have to play every level again to complete the best time and to grab the rewards.
    -change the pvp ranking, so that we get rid of the saturday rush. maybe a daily, a two days ranking or a twice per week ranking would be interesting which would contribute to a monthly ranking with different rewards.
    - let us play two or more troopers at once
    - give us better rewards for pvp, so that it's worth to play it
    - give us some reason to play other levels than powerslave/amolad/god over and over again
    - get rid of the 1000 coin rewards in LOL dungeons
    - open lol every day (very good one from yup)
    - give us a pvp/pve hall of fame
    -change the stupid yellow undead soldier as monthly reward for day 6 and give a 5* sacrificial heart or something like that
    - give us a state of the nation 2018, what should we expect this year?
    - give us some more days of the most epic event ever - the immortal one !!!
    - lower the store prices for some good stuff. i would love to support the game, but i won't let me get robbed with the prices.i would rather donate 5-10$ than buy a stupid talisman pack, and i'm dead serious with that
    - servers are sooo slow in the last weeks - was the 300 char slots jump maybe too big?

Love it, post updated.

To expand on your Leaderboard concept and reasons to play other levels...

How about that leaderboard for PVE, and each week there are 4 stages that are featured. So for example, Circle Of Fire in Underworld - best time 1:07. Players compete for the best time in this stage and at the end of the week, there are tiered rewards for the top 5 or top 1. This would give users more purpose when farming with Troopers. Or even one level that changes daily. Thoughts?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    All these "new modes" and stuff are interesting.

However, once one stops to think about just how many new worlds, dungeons, or levels have been released in the last 6 months...

...sorry new "modes" are a pipe dream at best and nowhere close to reality. CLEARLY development has plateaued at new characters, thus the monthly events.... for a level/world based game to have ZERO new levels/worlds in at least 4 months, if not exceptionally longer, is shameful. You may as well hope for a "Lotto Eddie" that accurately predicts winning lotto numbers for your area. It's just as likely.

... Everyone rises to their level of incompetency..... LoTB is no different. They'll throw in new characters regularly because that's an easy thing... But actually having to build new level/world seems far beyond what development is willing to take on. Just look at BNW and how horrible that was/is... it's simply not in their wheelhouse I'm afraid. If it was, they'd fix issues faster and more effectively rather than just making pretty 3D artwork for a new character.

The reality is they probably know their rates of daily active user, revenue generation, and user decay and as long as those stay at relatively the same amounts, they don't actually need to do anything differently. So what if you quit... a new user will start playing.
    The releasing of totally new content to date has left a lot to be desired, yes. And maybe you're right about their motivation to appease the player base vs. just getting new players - but I really don't think so. My gut says they do care. They've implemented so many new things into this, and accounted for a ton of past user feedback. It's proven that they listen, so until proved wrong, I think this exercise is worth the effort. And, I appreciate your involvement, Yup. You have good ideas and it's clear that you want a better product, as we all do. \m/

OS
    iOS
    I merely think there's a marked difference between altering existing content and configuring new content.. and clearly NEW content, beyond new characters, isn't really the goal as I see it.

Yes they listen. Didn't mean to imply they don't. But devs aren't actually going to share any long-term goals. And, I simply remember this is their *job*... some working may be passionate, others just doing what they need to to get their paycheck. Often the passionate workers are overwhelmed by the status quo workers.

And as far as ownership... I'm certain the bottom line is really all they care about. So new content needs to have a very high probability of increasing revenue. In most cases, that means it's better to alter or tweak existing content or add things which require much less dev time (like new characters every month). It may make the game seem like it has actual new content.. but it really doesn't.

I beat all worlds a couple months ago.. have every character in the game except VHE. If I don't have a character other than VHE it's because it sucked and I sacrificed it. I'm now in a position of collecting characters I don't really want or need and leveling them up just for something to do. If they can't release new worlds/levels reasonably soon.... well.. I won't bother any longer. You merely CAN'T keep players interested by throwing in the same events with a new character every month. It's not enough if the story is ALWAYS the same.... and PvP is boring as hell. New "modes" may sound fantastic.. but if they can't release new worlds.. they surely won't work on new "modes". They already have a road map for worlds... there's 4 basic, 4 dungeons (not counting LOL), and 3 others to all use as a template.... It just can't be that difficult. And it seems to me the focus is elsewhere.

The only possible saving grace is.. if all these new characters were populating some undisclosed world such as night city. So the new character releases were a path to the new world release. I mean Battlefield has different characters than Underworld... that sort of thing. But if that's the case.. there may be another 6 months to a year before all the new characters are done with development. Which it too long in my opinion.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-10-2018 at 02:34 AM.
    CLANLESS