Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    First, a big kudos to mariner for starting this thread. A nod to dank brew as well for his thread, despite the fact I don't usually care for the negative threads.

On to the poll. 1) D, 2) B, 3) A, 4) B, 5) H (or none of the above, further detail below).

Thoughts on what others have mentioned. Yes, to the what to expect this year post. Immortal event was great, but on the dev side I can see where it might have been a little over generous. I'd still like you to have events like that, but they should be the exception rather than the rule.

New worlds are a definite must. Personally, I'm a bit astounded that it's taken so long. I'm sure BNW had it's challenges (including it's anticlimactic release and bugs), but a more normal level would seem to be fairly easy to implement. Isn't one world essentially a template for every other world? Is it really that hard to copy/paste, change some background artwork, swap characters and put an entry point? I get that storyline and implementing something akin to BNW takes longer, but maybe worlds that are just there to explore would help in the content department.

A ‘live’ mode would be awesome, especially in something like pvp. Even if the reward for that mode was strictly bragging rights I think it'd be cool. Fog of war in the top 100, keep people motivated to stay there. For the non- dupe toons, I think frontier coins would be great although probably should cost more than eternals do. The reason being that, eternal and trooper souls you have 1 in 4 chance, so you're reasonably likely to get the set with patience. I've sac’ed several Bastions and still missing trooper so I know the dupe pain. The normal toons have a lower probability so should be harder to obtain.

Finally, my two cents. Get over the AoF bug already. Anyone who's been playing for a while and has a decent team is probably in at least the 90%+ win category in PvP. Top ranks there really aren't that many teams with him on defense. I see more extra turns granted by grievous burns triggering revenge and counterstrike than I do AoF granting extra turns. Yes it's an issue. But, if that less than 10% or more likely 1-2% of your gameplay in one aspect of the game is your grievance, I think you're fooling yourself. Rant over

More events need to happen, most notably new types of events. Is there a way to make a fragment event with talismans? Would be something different, just don't need anymore Freeze (sorcery) talismans. Bug fixes, especially on server side issues need to happen.

One thing I've noticed in this thread (and most others) is everyone saying what they want from the devs. That's cool, they are the ones making the money from this. But, we as the players, can also make improvements. The forum is a mess. It has great information, but finding anything that's more than a few days old can be a chore. Slauki has done some great work with the maximized character list, video competitions and such. I'm still working on my website (and collaborating with mariner) that will hopefully tie together a lot of the info from the forum. Carlos keeps eternal list up to date. There are plenty of others not mentioned. Who'll step up and take the reigns on the weekly PvP thread? The talisman thread? The in-depth character reviews? The forum is lacking because the members aren't contributing.

Last bit. To NF I'd like to say thank you. Not everyone may appreciate all the improvements, but I'd like to think most of us do even if we don't always voice it. BNW is better since the bugs were finally worked out. VHE not crashing the game with his fury is a big plus. APMA3 while annoying, has at least salvaged numerous wins and rewards. Very obviously there has been bug fixes going on, and I think you've focused in the right direction on that. Bugs that break the game have priority over bugs that mean a character or effect doesn't behave exactly like the description. And, fix the server performance issues.

Up the Irons!
    Askora-8071
    Last edited by Askora; 01-10-2018 at 07:26 PM.

OS
    iOS
    I actually turned all music off after about the first 3 days... lest I become annoyed by music I generally enjoy. The repetitive nature of the loops can be grating, even if the tune isn't traditionally.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I actually turned all music off after about the first 3 days... lest I become annoyed by music I generally enjoy. The repetitive nature of the loops can be grating, even if the tune isn't traditionally.
    Exactly! I turned it off too. Which is sad since the band is what brought us to the game.
    There really should be more music, and why didn't they implement lyrics at all?
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    iOS
    I suspect.. and only suspect.. the game licensed the name and Eddie character from Iron Maiden. I doubt the band is actually the driving factor behind the game. i.e. Iron Maiden the band, doesn't own Naughty Frog. Naughty Frog pays Iron Maiden royalties for using their intellectual property. It's far more a symbiotic business relationship than a direct Band venture. I notice most of the music is a close approximation to the actual songs, but it's not exactly 100% accurate in many cases.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    A nod to dank brew as well for his thread, despite the fact I don't usually care for the negative threads.
    It wasn't meant to be a "negative thread". I like to think of it as a cry for help.

I love this damn game and I want the best for it. If no one complained about the bugs, do you think any of them would get fixed? Would they even know about them? Nope. If no one complained about the trooper grind do you think they would even know how frustrating it is, every day? Nope.

Sure most of my posts are viewed as negative, but I have plenty of positive posts. The point of every single post of mine is to help better the game. NF sees an upset player and hopefully it gives them motivation to fix whatever that issue is ASAP.
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I suspect.. and only suspect.. the game licensed the name and Eddie character from Iron Maiden. I doubt the band is actually the driving factor behind the game. i.e. Iron Maiden the band, doesn't own Naughty Frog. Naughty Frog pays Iron Maiden royalties for using their intellectual property. I notice most of the music is a close approximation to the actual songs, but it's not exactly 100% accurate in many cases.
    Yeah, I was wondering if they recorded alternate versions for the game, or if a DJ remixed them or something...

I think it'd be cool to include live versions of their music for battle scenes. It starts out with Bruce yelling to the crowd "ARE YOU READY!!!????" or whatever he says in that show to hype the crowd. Wouldn't that be awesome?!
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Brewtus-1572

OS
    Android
    This thread is all updated for today. Thanks to all that have provided feedback, and to those that haven't, feel free to add any ideas you have. This is a great opportunity to be heard.

Tomorrow we'll summarize the Trooper discussion thread, and move onto PVP - and so many of you have great ideas on that one, it should be fun to discuss.

Thanks and UP THE IRONS! \m/
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    We should have an option to lower the graphics on the game, that would ease the load on those with mid-low end devices.

Also, I vote for raising the essence value of 3* characters, at least high enough for 10 maxed out to make a grand sacrifice.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    This thread is all updated for today. Thanks to all that have provided feedback, and to those that haven't, feel free to add any ideas you have. This is a great opportunity to be heard.

Tomorrow we'll summarize the Trooper discussion thread, and move onto PVP - and so many of you have great ideas on that one, it should be fun to discuss.

Thanks and UP THE IRONS! \m/
    Cheers mariner.

I don't think i was clear about what I meant with the instant thing. It would be a locked button under battle that would unlock once you completed a level without using trooper or ironite. Once unlocked, this button would allow you to instantly finish the battle (any get the usual reward) using any team (including a trooper). This would save heaps of time without affecting anything else.
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    iOS
    All of these would make the game better, but if there can be only one...

1. Which element do you feel should be the primary focus of the devs for the next month?
    (A) Bug fixes and nothing else

2. Which element has most made you feel like quitting the game?
    (C) The bugs

3. Suppose a new world was released, and you beat it in the first 3 days. How do you feel?
    (A) Hey, at least we've got some new scenery to farm! I'm good for 6 months.

4. Suppose the team fixed every bug in the game:
    (B) Nothing will really change in my gameplay, but I'm happy they're fixed

5. What's the most exciting part of the game for you right now?
    (D) New and challenging ways to play

A lil late to the party here, but I think overall the game needs to run smoothly, and everything should work as advertised.

Thanks Mariner!
    Last edited by T-Man; 01-11-2018 at 11:54 PM.