Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Old school games

So what did everyone here grow up playing? I personally played the hell out of DOOM, duke nukem and daggerfall. Daggerfall was so hard but fun, best moment was when i waited in a shop for after 12:00 and realised that everything he shop offered had became free, so i went outside after a shopping spree fully decked out with enchanted daedric gear
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Doom, Duke Nukem, and later Quake, yup yup.
    Dungeon Keeper! I played the hell out of that. And original Grand Theft Auto.
    *reminisces about Gouranga*

OS
    iOS
    Dungeon keeper, what a game, too hard for me thou, i used to own the gold edition of the first one. Too bad the 3rd one was cancelled ��

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    You used to be able to tell my student house because it was the one with the serial cables between all the windows. We used to have a rudimentary network for multiplayer games. Oh, the agony of the game stopping to sync up the connection between two similarly-but-not-quite-the-same powered machines...

There is a mobile version of DK - it's an absolute scam though. You can't progress unless you spud out a bunch of money.

And yeah, I had both and was gutted when the company went bust and we didn't get 3.

OS
    iOS
    I had the mobile dk for some time, stopped after seeing how the p2w went from 0 to 100 in like 2 secs. And only 3 imps?!? What the hell, back in the day we couldve had 70 imps mine through one gem block, and the best part was that u could control them manually, first person view ftw

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    I had the mobile dk for some time, stopped after seeing how the p2w went from 0 to 100 in like 2 secs. And only 3 imps?!? What the hell, back in the day we couldve had 70 imps mine through one gem block, and the best part was that u could control them manually, first person view ftw
    Exactly! On the mobile one you could pay to get more imps, but only up to a max of 6. Utter rip-off.
    I used to like possessing a dragon in a fight on the original. They were so tough!
    Also slapping chickens, because I'm a big meanie.

OS
    iOS
    Never got far into the game, too hard for me, but on the mobile one i stopped after getting my first colossus, played it for a while...

Slapping things was the best thou, im not that good of a strategist tbh, unless its warcraft 3.

Damn it nostalgia, now i want to play those games, i got doom, heretic and hexen on my pc, duke nukem is gone, and i had DK on my pc but i deleted it by mistake while freeing up space...

OS
    Android
    I have resisted Warcraft for the longest time - I know how badly addicted I would get to something like that.

For you, and anyone else with nostalgic urges, I fully rec https://www.gog.com/
    They have Dungeon Keeper for £4.49: https://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper
    My daughter fell in love with the Heroes of Might and Magic series after seeing them on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_m...mplete_edition

Sadly they don't have Ed Hunter

OS
    iOS
    Heroes of might and magic? Is it good, no matter i think ill play it anyways for that rich lore.

World of warcraft is addicting but the original warcraft 3 wasnt that addicting (which is good). I played warcraft 3 cuz of the nice lore and i needed to kno things about the lore before understanding wow's lore. But i gotta admit, back in the cataclysm expansion i spent A LOT of time playing my death knight

Heres a pic of me deleting him!

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 2191
Size:  81.5 KB

Dat iphone 6 cam quality.

Damn it this was the sadest and hardest decision i had to make in my life, he had full max pvp gear, that took like 1 year to get. Well too bad, hes gone :/

OS
    Android
    I played all the old school FPS mentioned here so far, but the game I played a ton in high school and brings back the most memories was the TeamFortress mod for Quake on the old MPlayer service. We also played a lot of Goldeneye and later, Super Smash Bros.
    Proud co-sponsor of Sunburst for ProgPower USA XVIII (2017), The Gentle Storm for XVII (2016), Angra for XVI (2015), Seventh Wonder for XV (2014), and Damnation Angels for XIV (2013).

Connecting musicians with their biggest fans...
    fanriff | changing music one fan at a time