Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I am going to show my age the first game system I had (if you can call it that) was PONG!! Then I graduated to Atari 2600, Atari 5200, then Commodore Vic 20 with the cassettes (all you youngsters can look on Wiki about those), graduated to the Commodore 64, then the original Nintendo, Playstation etc, etc...
    USER name Eddie-1753

Always try to use all my troopers each day.
    Rotating Champion

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayray131 View Post
    I am going to show my age the first game system I had (if you can call it that) was PONG!! Then I graduated to Atari 2600, Atari 5200, then Commodore Vic 20 with the cassettes (all you youngsters can look on Wiki about those), graduated to the Commodore 64, then the original Nintendo, Playstation etc, etc...
    C=64 was just incredible... I graduated to that after my 2600... and it just blew the doors off anything else that was out at the time (Once I finally got a 1541 floppy disk drive). I eventually ended up getting a 300 baud modem for it and would trade softwarez on local BBSs (Bulletin Board Systems - way, way before the internet). Those were the days. I then graduated to a NES with Robbie and the lightGun/Duck Hunt... Then an SNES... then the Commodore Amiga 500 - then Amiga 3000. The Amiga was again, so much better than any other computer systems out at the time in so many ways. I was die-hard Amiga until Commodore went out of business. How they dropped the ball I will never understand.
    Last edited by OpticSugar; 10-04-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    Android
    The "Bard's Tale" was great on the Commodore 64
    USER name Eddie-1753

Rotating Champion

OS
    iOS
    Is the bard's tale as good as the remake they made for mobile? Cuz that shit is amazing!
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    It was as close to the original D&D as one could get on the computer (c-64). Had it on PlayStation, and everything was a top down view not the 3-D view like the original.
    Last edited by Rayray131; 10-04-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    USER name Eddie-1753

Rotating Champion

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticSugar View Post
    I used to have these:

Attachment 1331
    Attachment 1332

I never really got into (watching) sports after that. I remember the Baseball game was really fun tho. I like the little private buttons so you couldn't see what your opponent was doing.
    Those look like pretty sophistimicated devices! For their time, anyway.

I remember when the NES was the most amazing thing we had ever seen...
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    The cool thing about the NES was...

Well, before the NES came out, I was addicted to Super Mario Bros. coin operated standup machine. They had one at a pizza parlor on my way home from school and a whole bunch of us would all gather around it after school every day... There was always someone who had figured out a new hidden level and we'd just stand around watching him try to get to it. I used to fold pizza boxes for the owner for quarters to play. That game was just amazing in its day.

Then, later that year the NES came out, and it came with Super Mario Bros., and the really incredible thing was... it was totally identical to the arcade version. I mean, pixel for pixel identical. The music, the sound effects, right down to the last detail. It wasn't a remake, it was pretty much the same hardware that was in the arcade version, so this was a first time ever that we could play total arcade quality at home. It was a turning point for consoles.
    OpticSugar-0227

OS
    Android
    I can imagine

I got my NES in 1989 i think, or 1990....don't know anything about arcades pre 1990...I was only 8
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I always loved the arcade games Rygar and Tron. I'm thinking of buying one of those arcades that come preloaded with hundreds of games and you can request specific games to be loaded on it. I loved going to the arcade when I was a kid a million years ago.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleknight View Post
    I always loved the arcade games Rygar and Tron. I'm thinking of buying one of those arcades that come preloaded with hundreds of games and you can request specific games to be loaded on it. I loved going to the arcade when I was a kid a million years ago.
    Definitely some of the fondest memories. I was so obsessed with Donkey Kong, I tried to make one (a Donkey Kong arcade game)... out of paper, magnets, erector set parts, and a Superman lunchbox. True story.
    OpticSugar-0227