Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticSugar View Post
    Definitely some of the fondest memories. I was so obsessed with Donkey Kong, I tried to make one (a Donkey Kong arcade game)... out of paper, magnets, erector set parts, and a Superman lunchbox. True story.
    That so friggen cool.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

Ah yes......walking into the arcade and those sounds tripping yer mind into a euphoric tantrum of quarter dropping wonderment....... tron , afterburner, galaga, spy hunter, ........ Damn good times

OS
    Android
    I had an Atari 2600 as a kid, then Apple IIc, then Nintendo, Super Nintendo.

First game I played online was Quake. Lots of the Team Fortress mod, and a little Thunder(something) CTF.

Then StarCraft, Diablo 2, Quake 2, 3, Unreal / UT, Half-Life 1, 2. After that I moved to Acheron's Call 2, PlanetSide 1, Star Wars Galaxies.

Then back to strategy games with Star Wars: Empire at War. Then mobile games.

I may have an addiction to electronic games.
    Last edited by Reeb99; 10-06-2016 at 03:42 AM.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Definitely some of the fondest memories. I was so obsessed with Donkey Kong, I tried to make one (a Donkey Kong arcade game)... out of paper, magnets, erector set parts, and a Superman lunchbox. True story.
    Very cool man. I don't think gaming has the social aspect that it used to back when arcades were a thing... they always had a special, dingy charm all their own. Your story made me think of this article from Nintendo Power, back in the day...

Name:  np.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  69.4 KB

I remember thinking that was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen, at the time.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Very cool man. I don't think gaming has the social aspect that it used to back when arcades were a thing... they always had a special, dingy charm all their own. Your story made me think of this article from Nintendo Power, back in the day...

Name:  np.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  69.4 KB

I remember thinking that was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen, at the time.
    I dunno if i agree, while back in the day when arcades where actually a thing... people who wanted to play games used to go OUTSIDE (Holy Shit), but now i think its best to destroy the social aspect, back in the day you couldnt stay at an arcade for like 6 am, but in your house on your pc, you can stay up to 2pm! And tbh the social aspect of gaming didnt actually die.. it still lives in the mics of every cod player screaming and swearing at you cuz ur shit at the game! But to this day putting your sweet sweet coins into a machine and playing some time crisis is amazing, there is still an arcade near my house... used to go there alot as a kid cuz i had no pc or psx... used to play house of the dead... like... alot
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    This place is in my neighborhood:
    http://barcadebrooklyn.com/

My wife took my there on one of our first dates. Probably why I married her.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    iOS
    This place is in my neighborhood:
    http://barcadebrooklyn.com/

My wife took my there on one of our first dates. Probably why I married her.
    Very smooth trickery, taking the kid to a candy store to convince

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    I dunno if i agree, while back in the day when arcades where actually a thing... people who wanted to play games used to go OUTSIDE (Holy Shit), but now i think its best to destroy the social aspect, back in the day you couldnt stay at an arcade for like 6 am, but in your house on your pc, you can stay up to 2pm! And tbh the social aspect of gaming didnt actually die.. it still lives in the mics of every cod player screaming and swearing at you cuz ur shit at the game! But to this day putting your sweet sweet coins into a machine and playing some time crisis is amazing, there is still an arcade near my house... used to go there alot as a kid cuz i had no pc or psx... used to play house of the dead... like... alot
    No question there's still a social aspect to gaming... hell, the troopers section wouldn't exist without that aspect, would it? And Barcades are a cool phenomenon too (though there's never enough pinball on hand for my taste). Arcades just seemed cooler than they actually were I think, as a kid.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    No question there's still a social aspect to gaming... hell, the troopers section wouldn't exist without that aspect, would it? And Barcades are a cool phenomenon too (though there's never enough pinball on hand for my taste). Arcades just seemed cooler than they actually were I think, as a kid.
    Idk, but how can you call the troopers section a "social aspect" u dont even get to chat with other players! Now THAT IS A FEATURE I WANT
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    If you could, this board would lose some of its importance.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!