Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

strategies to beat the Time Rift Dungeons

I am starting this thread as an attempt to mind meld with everyone about different army compositions for beating all five of the Time Rift Dungeons. Each day presents different challenges, and I presume these challenges can be countered with well thought out Eddies and Allies. Share your tips and thinking here starting with...

Thursday: Sentinel
    Core Challenge: Debuffs, stuns, tanky enemies

To kick things off, I've noticed that some of my characters appear to do no damage to the Lord of Light in chapters IIX through X. My original Eddie seems to do no damage (Warrior). My Allied General does some damage (Sentinel). I can't remember more off the top of my head, but maybe this is a clue?

OS
    Android
    Matt already explained that characters not being able to do damage is because there's a problem with the "Lower Accuracy" debuff. And this is the only Dungeon that has that kind of debuff, se we should be good in the next four :P

I only use one warrior because of talismans. I only have a few sets maxed and they go to Soldier Eddie and no the Golden Son. I tried the Soulless Demon before I got the new shiny one and he did a great job. The other half of the comp is Magus Allied Soldier, because shields :P, and a Corrupted Harpy.

The Harpy seems to be amazing against waves with a large numbers of enemies. Her passive marks all the enemies and takes aprox 9% of total health with a perfect hit. If you have an AoE attacker that's a lot of damage.

Lower Accuracy isn't unique to this dungeon, and it seems the Raise Accuracy buff causes issues too....more mixed up code I suspect.
    Frustrating, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticSugar View Post
    I am starting this thread as an attempt to mind meld with everyone about different army compositions for beating all five of the Time Rift Dungeons. Each day presents different challenges, and I presume these challenges can be countered with well thought out Eddies and Allies. Share your tips and thinking here starting with...

Thursday: Sentinel
    Core Challenge: Debuffs, stuns, tanky enemies

To kick things off, I've noticed that some of my characters appear to do no damage to the Lord of Light in chapters IIX through X. My original Eddie seems to do no damage (Warrior). My Allied General does some damage (Sentinel). I can't remember more off the top of my head, but maybe this is a clue?
    I don't think so. The "little to no damage" you're experiencing is a bug. It has been reported and acknowledged by the devs. As far as strategy, I think you are on to a good idea about coming up with good team combinations, especially since the team composition is different than the rest of the game. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone can be sure of a good strategy just yet until the bugs are ironed out. I read on the forums that Kulimar isn't experiencing the bugs at all, so maybe his insight would be useful here.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    Lower Accuracy isn't unique to this dungeon, and it seems the Raise Accuracy buff causes issues too....more mixed up code I suspect.
    Frustrating, to be sure.
    This is a quote from Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_LOTB View Post
    Note about accuracy - it looks like it's inappropriately affecting damage, rather than just affecting the apply rate of buffs and debuffs. We've logged it, and will try to fix it soon. The sentinel dungeon will be a bit tougher than intended for now. That debuff is only present in the Sentinel dungeon, and should not affect the other dungeon types.

-M
    This Dungeon is the only one that has this debuff.

OS
    iOS
    Okay, got it. Sorry I missed that. This forum just exploded since the Rift update... and it's been hard to keep track. Thanks for clarifying!

OS
    iOS
    Keep Immunity up on the boss. That way you don't get the accuracy debuff. Don't panic on the trash waves if they are healing up so long as your health isn't dropping precipitously. Try to start the boss wave with a special ready to go, and don't accidentally attack instead of putting that Immunity buff up...

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    This Dungeon is the only one that has this debuff.
    But the debuff existed (and exists) outside of this one boss. Several units have it.

In fact, I just confirmed it happens outside of this dungeon.

Battlefield Madness - Fighting Spirts. Boss Stage has Trooper Possessed Rockets, which can inflict Lower Accuracy.

Soldier Eddie (under Lower Accuracy) Roulette didn't heal.
    Sentinel Golden Sun (under Lower Accuracy) didn't damage on perfect hit.

*edit*
    On an unrelated note, you CAN stack Reflect and Heal Shield. Though some wierd things happen.

Was able to do one round at Stage X without bugs i've thought, but i guess it was the pyro soldier who made it easy.

4* Pyro soldier
    4* blue allied soldier for reflect
    4* soldier Eddie
    5* Axis Bomber Boy (insane damage against sentinels)

Reflect and heal for the first 2 stages, start Boss with immunity and reflect -> very easy.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    But the debuff existed (and exists) outside of this one boss. Several units have it.

In fact, I just confirmed it happens outside of this dungeon.

Battlefield Madness - Fighting Spirts. Boss Stage has Trooper Possessed Rockets, which can inflict Lower Accuracy.

Soldier Eddie (under Lower Accuracy) Roulette didn't heal.
    Sentinel Golden Sun (under Lower Accuracy) didn't damage on perfect hit.

*edit*
    On an unrelated note, you CAN stack Reflect and Heal Shield. Though some wierd things happen.
    But we are talking about DUNGEONS man, I never said this is the ONLY place where this happens. C'mon!!!

Going back to topic. Even though the Magus Allied Soldier has class disadvantage I find reflective shield is still amazing and gives everyone a lot more survivability, this will need to be nerfer at some point. It makes every other shield look stupid :P

With SE, Corrupted Harpy, Golden Son Warrior and the Allied Soldier I've been farming Dungeon X without any problems.