Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Guide

Battle Guide

Combat is turn-based and fairly straightforward, however there are nuances and a level of depth that may take awhile to fully appreciate and take advantage of.

Your team of three characters goes first, then the enemy team's three characters take their turn. You can decide the order in which your characters attack simply by tapping on them to select them. Once the enemy is defeated you will move to the next wave. Battles typically have three to five waves, with your team resources persisting through each wave. Your characters, if injured, will restore a small amount of health between waves.

When it comes to battle there are many options to go about conquering the enemy. First is your team composition - do you go with three classes so you can counter any classes the enemy may have? Or go with three characters all of the same class, and use abilities to boost the stat they all use? The only restriction when entering battle to consider is Team Cost; your three characters’ total cost may not exceed the team cost for your profile rank.

Knowing your characters and their skills will help you determine what team synergy possibilities you may have. Want to try out a new character? Try going back to an easier level to give them a shot without them dying immediately. You can view any character's skill info by pressing and holding on a skill icon - whether in battle or when viewing the character's skills in the 'My Team' screen. You can also hold down on any character in battle to view their class, name, and summary of their role in battle.

Here are the team resources you should be aware of while in battle:
    Power: Power is shared amongst your team and is generated at a rate of two power per turn.** All characters have a Power Ability that uses this resource, and you will need to decide each turn whether to use your Power or wait for it to stack up!

Fury: Fury is generated with each action your team takes - attacking, using a power ability, or being hit - however only Eddies may use Fury. The Fury Meter is displayed at the top left of the screen. Once full, Eddie can unleash his Special Ability, depleting your Fury Meter. Deciding when to use a special ability can be the difference between victory and failure.

**Power per turn increases as you Rank Up and improve your power level.

Make sure you’re aware of the objectives for each battle! Completing an objective and earning a skull awards you with one Ironite. You can earn three skulls (and therefore three Ironite) for each battle. Additionally, achieving three skulls on all levels will open up that world’s secret location for that specific difficulty level. Secret locations are a great place to earn coveted loot.

Once victorious, your characters will earn experience (even if they died) and you can receive Gold, Stamina, Ironite, and items to improve your characters and talismans. Your Profile will also earn experience, allowing you to rank up and increase your max Power, Stamina and Team Cost.

Leviathan, could you explain Ironite and it's purpose? Is it a basic power source?

Thanks so much!!

Ironite is used to buy souls, revive in battle, buy gold from the shop, and you can also use it to expand your character and talisman inventory.

I would not recommend using ironite to revive in battle though, since its easier to wait 16 minutes then farm up 10 ironite.

With the objectives - there are a number that say "finish with 75% hp". However when I finish with full health I don't complete the objective. Do I need to actually be at 75%? Have done the same mission over and over can't get this one objective.

Quote Originally Posted by kr0wb4r View Post
    With the objectives - there are a number that say "finish with 75% hp". However when I finish with full health I don't complete the objective. Do I need to actually be at 75%? Have done the same mission over and over can't get this one objective.
    Same here.
    Also, does this only count for Eddie, or all of your characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuhl View Post
    Same here.
    Also, does this only count for Eddie, or all of your characters?
    I have never had problems with the %hp mission. Yes it counts for all of your 3 characters. Each of them have to finish with 75%+ health. If it says finish with 100% health, then all 3 of them have to be at full health when the stage ends. Even that weak doggy.

The problem with that doggy is that he not only listens to his master but also everyone else when they say "Roll over and play dead"...

Replaced him by now though.
    Got two 4* sidekicks that are less prone to rolling over and playing dead.

OS
    iOS
    In previous versions of the game the dog wasn't so useless, as his basic attack had a chance to heal allies. I replaced it with a 4* sentinel bomberboy.

OS
    Android
    Does anyone know at what level you get more power? I'm at lvl 19 and hoping to get one more power at 20
    Last edited by Gonzo; 07-09-2016 at 12:16 PM.