Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post
    Only reason I don't think something like this would pass is:

Each Trooper used = SoT used. (Revenue for NF must be taked in consideration here. and I imagine that refills takes a big part on that).
    If you take the current system into account, 53 Troopers converts to 212 SoT used (4 SoT Stages) and/or 265 SoT used (5 SoT stages).
    If you allow for more Troopers to be used free-of-SoT-cost, that would convert in: (lets take the 6 Troopers suggestion).
    9 Runs total needed.
    36 SoT needed to use all your Troopers on 4 SoT Stages
    45 SoT needed to use all your Troopers on 5 SoT Stages

This is a HUGE gap in terms of SoT usage.

This is not considering LoL and BNW in which I believe nothing should change IMO 1 Trooper only.

Hence why I suggested the SoT cost per extra Trooper.

Cheers! Ed.

Totally agree Sponholz, but the solution for that is what you suggested. An extra SoT cost (i like the value of 4) for each additional trooper you bring. And this fits with the Sparton's thoughts. It wouldn't allow a faster progression, once you unlock extra troopers according to your progression and wouldn't allow easier grinding in difficult levels for begginers for the same reason. You just unlock extra troopers accordding to progression. The idea that somebody mentioneted to not include extra troopers in LoL and BnW dungeons sounds good too.

OS
    iOS
    I think whatever system is decided on it should allow the player the option to choose an approach. Maybe there can be a few different ways to achieve certain things. Personally, I like the idea mentioned by a few that you send all badges to your troopers and then there can be a couple of ways to make sure it works - you could then say that the trooper only receives them after playing a trooper or the sender only gets trooper points once they have played a trooper. This could then be coupled with a speed based approach where you can do two or three troopers at a time. I think choice is the main thing as the way people play and what they want to get from each battle may be different.

I also agree that any changes in the future should be limited to having passed certain key stages in the game. No troopers in BNW or PVP. LOL still makes sense for newer to middle players but only one trooper allowed. If you have received 3 skulls in cosmos then you can take your pick on how many troopers you use.

If this kind of approach cant be done then we could still do with a way to know in the trooper screen who has completed a battle using your trooper over a 24 hour period. I know I don't get all of my badges back - as my reset values for badges never fully add up to the possible 2500 per day - I am usually several hundred short on this and I cant be bothered logging in a out lots to see who is returning badges (though I have done it a few times ever few months to run a check). I cant be bothered so much these days to be honest!

I know my daily play is different to many others on the forum. I am on all day long most days as I work from home. So auto play in the background while I work. The upshot of this is that running through Powerslave or AMOLAD doesn't ever really cost me any sands as I just do it over four or five hours each day and with the rate of sands you get from auto grinding, achievements and the like I very rarely need any SoT refills to do Troopers or any other events. Pretty sure I will be the minority though as most folk maybe cant play all day long.

I would love to see from the devs who is the most logged in player - pretty sure I will be up the top somewhere (for once!) LOL. Bottom line for me is that most proposed changes would not effect the way I play troopers that much. But it may help me out when off on holiday or travelling or that sort of thing and I think that would benefit lots of people if badges could be sent with one click (everyone gets 1250 a day if they have 50 troopers) but the other 1250 have to be earned by running troopers in some speeded up fashion - even a faster game speed would work though playing two troopers at a time might be quicker as it saves a few clicks in game.

ANYWAY FOR ME CHOICE IS A MAJOR CONSIDERATION AS IS KNOWING WHO IS AND IS NOT DOING YOUR BADGES.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Many good ideas here! Also understand what Sparton said, that they don‘t want to run every new player through every level too easy by bringing in several troopers. Imo the game has become much easier for newbies anyway, so that wouldn‘t be fair! I like the idea of sending badges with one push to our troopers and being responsible for our own badges to get full 1.250 (whoever had that idea 😉👍🏼 ).
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    Hi all, sorry if my idea already been suggested, time prevent me from reading it all just now...

My idea would be an unlocked by finishing unlocking last skull quest level so only end game players would access it in first place..

That said level would be a "free pass" one button done for say one troop at a time without rewards (still use SOT) other than half your badges...

This way your troop still have them & if you need to farm materials you'll still have to grind it by yourself but since most end game players out there don't need much of theses they'll have to do it only from time to time when needed.. Having 1k of 2*Evo shards isn't necessary anyway...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    Android
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to this discussion, it looks like we've arrived at some great ideas for the devs to consider. No matter what they end up going with, I think we've given solid ideas and the fix for this is definitely coming, which is great.

I'm going to work on separating out the PVP 'Wants" (i.e. better rewards) vs the "New Ideas" - so we can get into more detail about some of the great concepts that have been brought up for that. I am pretty busy today but should be able to get something up for tomorrow.

\m/
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to this discussion, it looks like we've arrived at some great ideas for the devs to consider. No matter what they end up going with, I think we've given solid ideas and the fix for this is definitely coming, which is great.

I'm going to work on separating out the PVP 'Wants" (i.e. better rewards) vs the "New Ideas" - so we can get into more detail about some of the great concepts that have been brought up for that. I am pretty busy today but should be able to get something up for tomorrow.

\m/
    thanks for the effort mariner, you have proven that the forum isn't dead in an impressive way.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    thanks for the effort mariner, you have proven that the forum isn't dead in an impressive way.
    Just wanted to say right the same. Thanks mariner, great work \m/
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    iOS
    Have to admit that I have not read the thread in full. So, maybe it has already been suggested, but my suggestion would be an additional "inactive trooper slot". In this additional slot (the 7th altogether), you could (only) put a trooper but would not be able to use him during the battle. So, this model would not make it any easier especially for lower level players, as one could still USE only one trooper per battle (and you want to use every single trooper you still would need to do 50 battles). But for all players who really do not need to use the troopers but just carry them along grinding, it would cut the time needed for the trooper grind in half.
    Last edited by natasar; 02-06-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    natasar-7294 – playing all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    I find that on my device the screen loads are slow so we have to wait before choosing a trooper character to run through a selected area in lol or cosmos. This means that I end up having to put my device on a charger and come back later to finish my troopers. What I would like to see is the following: pick an area to go through. Pick a trooper character. Have a preassigned set of characters of your own that you would use for any area similar to the arena. (1 team with 1 slot open for a trooper 's eddie, and one team with 1slot open for another character). Click a fight button. Your sot is deducted and rewards assigned immediately. No animations are seen, just results. So make sure your team can reasonably be able to beat the area. (I have a skull quest I can beat on manual, but sometimes lose on auto.). If you want to charge an extra sot for the convenience fine. So powerslave might be 6sot instead of 5 for fast battling. It would free up our time to do arena and other time intensive events without letting down our trooper buddies.
    Proud member of Caesar's Legion. Unofficial member of the Poor luck- very few passives Eddie's club.

OS
    Android
    I don't understand why it is such a big deal if we let people use more than one trooper at a time to beat something they normally couldn't. It isn't like they can use those troopers to farm high end content a bunch of times. Most people can do everything by the time they reach level 100 anyways, right? Heck I auto all but a few levels, and I don't have a lot of great characters and talisman sets.

At least let us use multiple Eddie troopers at the same time. That would cut down the trooper grind dramatically. I don't think NF understands just how many people they lose because of the monotonous trooper grind.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?