Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

January 2018 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.
    Last edited by Sparton_LOTB; 01-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Guess this update will mark the return of SoL Eddie, which I'm happy to see. I wonder what else we'll get, maybe one of those "unannounced game modes" these patch notes keep throwing around...
    the local mentally unstable halfwit

DoctorEly-4668: Dark Road Eddie

OS
    Android
    hmm seems interesting, but no changes to eda? pair her with endure and you have an unbeatable attacking team if you take 3 of them. and in fact guys start to do that recently and brag about it on FB. so it's a broken 100% win strategy vs everyone. and you said that you don't want a team vs everyone, but in fact this is a huge leak which has to be adressed.

aside that not sure why you guys focus on a 3* magus eddie while there are a lot of other 4*/5* eddies who would need some love too (viking, hallowed, carriage rider, witch doctor ...)
    Last edited by slauki; 01-11-2018 at 07:56 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    (Hopeful thinking) .... Do the alterations the super-rare talismans (Lightning, Zone, Rage, Etc) at all possibly mean drop rates may be altered (i.e. improved)?
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    (Hopeful thinking) .... Do the alterations the super-rare talismans (Lightning, Zone, Rage, Etc) at all possibly mean drop rates may be altered (i.e. improved)?
    Proliferation of Scales?
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I was hoping Carriage Rider Eddie would get buffs this time but SoL was a bit of a surprise. They sure do have a growing list of Talismans that will be in the new content. I don't know why they're telling us this if they don't know when said content will be finished but the Talismans themselves sound pretty cool anyways.

Would it be possible to make it so that endure can't be extended? I have my Eda wearing invisibility Talismans and they don't seem as broken since it goes away as soon as she attacks.

I'd hope that they can fix this without nerfing her passive or power move because she carries my attack team most of the time.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    hmm seems interesting, but no changes to eda? pair her with endure and you have an unbeatable attacking team if you take 3 of them. and in fact guys start to do that recently and brag about it on FB. so it's a broken 100% win strategy vs everyone. and you said that you don't want a team vs everyone, but in fact this is a huge leak which has to be adressed.
    Considering that we know that Perfect Immunity is partially broken on live right now and that the Endure can be stolen, that brag definitely seems more like hot air than actual truth...

Even once Perfect Immunity is fixed, though, I can think of at least two different approaches for defense teams that would have a decent chance of winning that should still be competitive to normal offenses seen at the top of the leaderboard (in fact, I've reviewed battles that include some of those components on top-end defense teams). Whether or not players want to tailor their defenses with that in mind is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    aside that not sure why you guys focus on a 3* magus eddie while there are a lot of other 4*/5* eddies who would need some love too (viking, hallowed, carriage rider...)
    Most of our focus recently has been on updating 4* and 5* Eddies (Aces High, Tailgunner, Fear of the Dark, Hallowed [in this patch], etc). We don't want to completely neglect 3* Eddies, but we will still be mainly focusing on the higher-rarity ones.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    ..... at least two different approaches for defense teams that would have a decent chance of winning ..... Whether or not players want to tailor their defenses with that in mind is up to them.

As the handle states.... Yup

Endure + PI is not an issue here. Blue buffs can be removed and stolen a couple ways. They just can't be removed via something like Clairvoyants remove buff ability.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Considering that we know that Perfect Immunity is partially broken on live right now and that the Endure can be stolen, that brag definitely seems more like hot air than actual truth...

Even once Perfect Immunity is fixed, though, I can think of at least two different approaches for defense teams that would have a decent chance of winning that should still be competitive to normal offenses seen at the top of the leaderboard (in fact, I've reviewed battles that include some of those components on top-end defense teams). Whether or not players want to tailor their defenses with that in mind is up to them.

Most of our focus recently has been on updating 4* and 5* Eddies (Aces High, Tailgunner, Fear of the Dark, Hallowed [in this patch], etc). We don't want to completely neglect 3* Eddies, but we will still be mainly focusing on the higher-rarity ones.
    okay, as long as you guys have it on the radar i'm happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    As the handle states.... Yup

Endure + PI is not an issue here. Blue buffs can be removed and stolen a couple ways. They just can't be removed via something like Clairvoyants remove buff ability.
    don't forget we are talking about a very unique offense startegy. i have my doubts that AI can handle this at all, even if they would have some weapons. but more than 95% of all defenses doesn't have it right now, nor they should since this is a not so popular yet. just want to make this a little more of an issue, to keep things rolling a bit faster

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Actually a defense to counteract Endure + PI is pretty readily available. I think most by level 40-50 have the capability even if they don't have the overall hitting strength to win matches.
    CLANLESS