Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    It's been a while since 7th son was released now, I haven't had mine all that long (2 weeks ) but have almost finished completely skill sharding him, I wanted some advice on how he competes in the arena against some of the newer Eddies and talisman etc...
    I am most interested on how he competes against Iron Eddie and Beast Eddie,to a lesser degree Clansman...
    Currently and always I have used Pharoah but think it's time for a change...
    He seems to be a good choice surrounded by S Lilith and S CR health stays way up there against Garden of Dismay level 10 dragon.
    I can farm on full auto easily where as past Eddies there was occasionally doom problems etc..
    Anyway anyone that could offer some guidance it would be appreciated.
    Cheers rags!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

I believe he is somewhat behind in some sence. He can be good when you are in trouble as his fury can help you come back from a difficult situation when for example facing these 6-set yellow talismans. I do believe his problem in the current meta is that (atleast the way i play it) you currently need a good start to get ahead otherwise the opponent (with them talismans) just runs you over and he is more of a "comeback"-type of eddie.
    So basically his fury fits the current meta great but the rest of his attacks makes him fall behind compared to the eddies you mention.
    Current Champion: Killers Eddie

Teams completed:
    Eternal team (sharded)
    Trooper team (sharded)
    Lilith team (sharded)
    God team (sharded)

34/36 collected Eddies fully sharded.
    134 fully sharded characters!

And more to come!

OS
    Android
    That's good to know! I think I know what you mean with his other skills being a little old compared to IC and BE thanks for your thoughts
    What I failed to mention is my fourth character facing the level 10 dragon is the GCOTD with .... dare I say it, those talismans.
    My current defence team is an easy beat team for the event but afterwards I thought I'd give it a go, I've got Iron Eddie too but not sharded just yet, my attack team is Pharoah I just haven't reached the point where I can part with an Eddie that can revive..
    But it's made a little easier to let go of Pharoah with S Lilith for revive...
    My relics are getting there, I think I have two to go on global health, all others at least level2 but some much higher..
    Would anyone replace Pharoah with 7th Son?

OS
    Android
    I've not sharded him up yet (i have a pile of skillshards atm but decision paralysis on who to use them on) but from everything I've seen, you want to use teams, talismans and relics that get your fury up as fast as possible, which is similar to a number of other Eddies in that respect.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Yeah so in other words Cef use fury relics on character classes your using in your chosen team mates first as well as global fury relics and special on talisman where applicable!
    ATM I don't necessarily use my fury straight away on Pharoah but I can see how it would apply to 7th son or Iron Eddie and Beast Eddie ( which I don't have).
    Good to know, fortunately that's one of the tips I've received from some past help I've received as well as health relics...
    So their being built up at the moment.
    Thanks for the reminder! B.t.w what level are you generally in the arena? I don't think I have ever seen your team in there!

OS
    Android
    Currently just past 1000 (1094 at time of writing) but it varies a lot. I'll easily get into the 200's if I bother, but most of the time I usually haven't been that bothered.

How high I get somewhat depends on what defense I run. At the moment I'm running really weak defense, as it helps everyone get through arena battles (so better able to complete the arena event goals). There's quite a number of people doing it and getting 20 defense wins a day in the Arena is fairly trivial. Also, it helps me build up IC, which I can then spend on relics.

And while I've gained a few very useful characters lately, I still don't have a few important toons that would really help keep me in the top tiers (eg: Beast Eddie, Iron Eddie, certain Lilliths, etc).

Plus, for a top tier run, you really gotta spend a lot of time in-game, which at the moment I couldn't be bothered doing (or taking the leave off work for). :P
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Yeah I have set a low defence too for the same reasons, but I guess I must me doing more than 20 fights a day sitting around the 2500 to 2600's but I'll be cut down pretty quickly lol!
    Good to hear from you again Cef I see you helping the newer players with challenges a fair bit, I'm happy to help out too if you know some people that could use a hand and I miss the post...
    I have a full set of zone talisman finally ready to go b.t.w, thus completing all the required challenge talisman sets..

OS
    iOS
    anyone still using him?Found him today for first time,to shard him or not?I already have Doomsday Eddie and VHE for PVP,hmmm....

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ip4 View Post
    anyone still using him?Found him today for first time,to shard him or not?I already have Doomsday Eddie and VHE for PVP,hmmm....
    I finally got him during the birthday week. Now I sharded him to have a second blue Eddie along GRE for Gauntlet (and PvP sometimes). I think he is great and maybe the best Magus Eddie. Any thoughts from the PvP top25 players about him?
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    In the Gauntlet beta, a couple of the early tiers restrict to you to Warrior and Magus classes only. Seventh Son Eddie has been one of my better options to get through those tiers. I currently have Guard and Nightmare talismans on mine 'cause I'm trying out Nightmare, but there's probably a better option. I've seen some people out there using Eclipse on him.
    Satan81-5023