Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    OS
    iOS
    yeah.. it's really only an issue when a team with it gets first strike and there's some turn multiplier like echo or AoF.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    stuff...
    For what it's worth I have a team capable of beating practically any other team. Of course, that doesn't happen due to defense boosts and other "lucky" ai events. But it's a strong team without any really "rare" team members.

On the other hand, I've recently completely redesigned a second team with pretty much the same results - able to beat most teams as long as there aren't any "lucky" ai events.

So.. this is why I generally feel EVERY match comes down to the AI... sometimes it is going to win no matter what. Chasing it to try and get that 100% win rate is, at least to me, kind of silly. It's also why I think the arena in general is shit. The top players stay at the top because they have all the time in the world to play.

Imagine if the Superbowl or World Series was determined ONLY by the team that had more time to play?? Sorry.. if the team players don't have Saturday off to play, they can't win the Superbowl/World Series. How shitty would that be? Well that's PvP for you! If Devs actually wanted to even it out.. they'd close the arena at a RANDOM time not the same exact time every weekend so users know when to expend all their time and ironite on refills - some weeks the arena runs for 8 days.. some 5, some 7, some 6 etc.. Or set a limitation such as the top 100 players are NOT eligible for the top 100 two weeks in a row... as things stand the arena merely rewards those players with too much time on their hands, that's it.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-27-2018 at 08:34 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    The same topic all over again, this happened already many times since PVP was launched. Involved The Prisoner, Visions Eddie, Wrath and maybe others that i don´t remenber right now. It is not a problem that if he can be beaten or no, for sure he can and will always be. For me the problem is that he is making more damage than intented. And as usual, happenned before, devs ended up "correcting" the problem. Or making the problem worse. He is a 4* toon, I don´t think he should be making that amount of damage.

OS
    Android
    I also managed to make a second attack team due to SoL Eddie. It even works on PI teams since those buffs can be stolen (at this point I'll accept this as a handicap for PI).

For Gunner CotD. Having a blocker with a ton of health and true/shell Talismans is a must obviously, but as long as you get past that first round, it's a piece of cake.

I think that by the end of the month we'll all have a better scope of what should be fixed in the arena.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I still would like it for multiple shields to stack and still have no idea why that isn't a thing.
    JJJ-5111

Did I mention I have two beasts from the 15 free souls.

Calling my shot now, I will have Alexander by the end of August. (after the immortal event I don't know if I will even still be playing this in August) Update: I couldn't make it, I have given up on this game.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    I wasn't going to give away the answer, but Ezz just told everyone exactly how to handle this. A blocker with endure (or with true damage talis) handles it no problem. And with those talis on him, his defense is low and he can usually be taken out on the first round.
    It’s definitely not that simple. Equipping your blockers with endure, shields, Etc. seldom means you will still have those buffs by the time gcotd gets to attack. No more spoilers but there are some pretty common defenses out there exploiting this exact point.

OS
    Android
    Well now, after going up against a Gunner CotD with Ascension and Critical Strike with a team designed to take all the damaged I EXPECTED to receive and still have a chance, I still got wiped the first time.

I mean, second time around I went first with my normal attack team and wiped them but.... Yeah maybe she should be at least looked at. 10k is one thing, but mixed with Ascension and Critical Strike is boosted to about 40k, and the best part is if there's a magus undead rescuer on their team and you don't bring a prisoner, your team gets cursed and takes 80k!
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    The real catcher is how GCotD manages to keep Ascension for several turns. Am I missing a Perfect Ascension talisman set?

Because whenever I see or use Fate talismans, they change... even if it's just for a moment while the same Perfect buff is applied again. GCotD + Ascension seems to stay on Ascension no switching, not even briefly at the turn start.
    CLANLESS