Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Thumbs up R.I.P. Legacy of the Beast ...

... I'm leaving behind a Carriage Rider Eddie 5* level 100 and a great bunch of troopers that played almost every day as I did.

Let me start with a quote from the devs on reddit a few months ago: "Let me try to assuage your fears. Yes, the game is a free to play experience, however, none of us on the dev team are a fan of hard line, abusive monetization systems that milk you for cash in order to keep playing."

I played basically for 5 weeks in a row more or less non stop just to get some more evo shard (3* rainbow). I was just lucky to get the last shards to upgrade my Carriage Rider Eddie before they pulled the plug and in the normal game the drop rate is beyond outrageous.

Because Iron Maiden is one of my favourite bands I thought "OK I'll wait until the time rift thing" and now they can stick their game up where the sun doesn't shine. I have enough - maybe it's bad luck but the drop rate of evo 3* shards (level 7-10) ist ridiculous again. My girlfriend just said "Is this still the same game? You playing it for weeks now ..." and I realized how right she is and how much time I wasted on this nonsense.

Apart from other bugs - tons of trooper badges that I cannot do anything with e.g. As an IT guy I really ask myself how hard can it be to "if not bought this week than ..."?

A RPG they announced ... RPG my ass ... this game turns more and more into a fruit machine. Have a run - 3 turns (sometimes 5) and hope for the best ... if you are really lucky twice a week you get something useful. It has not much to do with strategy if you don't get the stuff you would like to use - it's pure luck to pull a good character (I didn't pull one 5* so far) or you are simply screwed. Some seem to get everything and some nothing - pure luck and that has nothing to do with a RPG.

However it did feel like a strategy game in the beginning. It was fund to try different teams and beat harder levels because of the choice of your team. Later on you don't have this choice anymore because you can't upgrade your characters and we are back to pure luck. From a good game in the beginning Legacy of the Beast turns into a game for the braindead - press button and hope for the best.

Frequent updates don't make it better. One gets the fealing that the decision makers sit in their ivory tower and think: "The players are really pretty pissed off right now. But how an we piss them off even more? Less bugfixing and more overpriced stuff?"

I know one does not have to buy this ridiculous overpriced offers. But for 50 Euro I get really good RPGs - more than one of them (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale are on offer right now btw - 15 Euro for both of them!). If they would charge a fiver for really good things I'll most probably would spend that a month. But I'm not putting a cent into this mess right now that feels like a beta. I even would prefer an offline version being sold for 10 Euro or so without troopers and so on - just not to have to rely on being online all the time.

Btw: If they ever pull the plug on the game players would loose everything right?

I gave it a good go for 5-6 weeks and am so pissed off right now. After the last huge disappointment with the drop rates in time shift I give up. What is left in my mind is: bugs bugs bugs, rip off prices, unfair drop rates, a pure waste of time and just another Freemium **** with nice graphics and a few good tunes that repeat way too often (I rather listen to the albums) ... I am normally not a friend of strong and swear words but in this case: Go and *bad f-word* yourselves with this pile of **** - I'm out - I did try but I give up.

P.S: Has anyone else the feeling that these time rifts are a quick shot put together to calm down players? If they test the **** they dish out how can this accuracy bug happen? The boss doesn't even die properly - he is just disappearing!
    Last edited by Lamia; 08-19-2016 at 09:45 PM. Reason: language

OS
    Android
    I think they are listening to the community and making changes according to that. That's a big plus.

The game is too young to predict anything. I played Galaxy of Heroes a while back, that game was terrible. No chances at getting characters, farming levels way to high, etc. A few days ago I redownload it and it had a huge improvement.
    This game can have a great future, potentially. Will it have a great future? It's too early to tell.

I'm sorry you are not gonna play anymore, I'd say try it again in a few months and see what you find.

PS: IF they pull the plug you can ask for a refund, in Google Play at least.

OS
    Android
    I'm still playing, but I basically agree with everything. It doesn't feel like I have a lot of choice for the characters and the strategy I'm using, because to level them and the talismans up is either impossible (3* shards) or super expensive in terms of gold. As it is now, this game is an endless grind with little or no variety... if you don't pay real money, that is.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by talpuz View Post
    if you don't pay real money, that is.
    Spending money in this games does not cut your grind. In fact, it makes it even bigger. Spending money does not give any kind of "advantage" whatsoever.

This game is F2P all the way.

On the time rift boss dying part lol, he prob disappeared to the backstage to throw the golden treasure chest out for you since all his minions are dead.

Dont let the door hit you on your way out.

I play still and I also agree with just about everything.

OS
    Android
    Sorry to hear you're bailing out, this game is still a newborn baby so it's too soon for me to make a judgment like that.

It's easy to get frustrated (I was just able to log in after over a week), but I can tell you from years of experience playing MMOs that buffs and nerfs come and go, as do drop rates. Come back in a month or two.
    Give me the sense to wonder, wonder if I'm free.

MadMax-8082

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Spending money in this games does not cut your grind. In fact, it makes it even bigger. Spending money does not give any kind of "advantage" whatsoever.

This game is F2P all the way.
    Well, I disagree. Spending money lets you pull good units (instead of grinding trooper badges for the few "free" weekly pulls) and buy gold, that is essential to upgrade things.

It's true that you'll have to grind for shards and runes. Still, is all this grinding so fun?

I like the game so I'm trying to bear with it for now, but I'm really asking myself if it's worth it or not.

OS
    iOS
    Grinding isn't really fun, and I wouldn't bother except for 1 thing: AUTOPLAY!

Yeah, there are challenges, but give it some time. I believe the devs are listening and responding.