Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthir View Post
    At least now I can start actually keeping them since my hunt for characters is over.
    That's really where I'm at now since VHE finally dropped for me earlier this week. He was the last "must get' character for me. Now I just want 15 more Astras
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    Lastly, they already made it clear that Gauntlet mode would only allow you to use each character once per challenge period - specifically:

"The Gauntlet is an exciting new game mode where players can battle through a series of challenges that scale in difficulty during the event period to earn exclusive character and talisman rewards. This new mode will seriously put the breadth and depth of your roster, as well as your team composition skills, to the test as you can't use the same character twice within the challenge period!"

(taken from http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...he-Nation-2018)

So you are free to interpret any way you choose, but I think most of us take all of this to be a 'recommendation' that we hang onto some of those dupes.
    If I were a betting man I’d say you will not be able to use dupes in guantlet mode. It says characters so using 2 different VHE is still using the same character again. Also I imagine the programming needs to allow that are a big headache. Simply eliminating the character would be much easier.

That said my money is where my mouth is - I sacrifice any and every character that I already have and never look back.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    That's really where I'm at now since VHE finally dropped for me earlier this week. He was the last "must get' character for me. Now I just want 15 more Astras
    and me only one of them, i will happy lol
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    If I were a betting man I’d say you will not be able to use dupes in guantlet mode. It says characters so using 2 different VHE is still using the same character again. Also I imagine the programming needs to allow that are a big headache. Simply eliminating the character would be much easier.

That said my money is where my mouth is - I sacrifice any and every character that I already have and never look back.
    Maybe. But are there 300 different characters at the moment?

And from a programming standpoint, I would think it runs off of your instance of the character, not the character itself. It would actually be just as easy to say that Ezz's Storm Eddie (assigned a collective unique ID of ezz123) was already used, but Ezz's other Storm Eddie (ID ezz456) has not been used and therefore still can be. This is indexing off of IDs, vs. characters. It is definitely possible that they just say "already used character stormeddie" and therefore no dupes, but from a programming perspective, it should be just as simple to do the other and therefore allow the users to collect many more toons.

I could be wrong (often am), but it could go either way. Too bad we can't actually make a wager because that would be fun.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post

I could be wrong (often am), but it could go either way. Too bad we can't actually make a wager because that would be fun.
    Betting on the arena with ironcoins... hmm..... "How much would you like to wager on your win?"

Win and you get the +10/+12/+15 in addition to your wager amount. Lose and you lose your wager. Someone bets on beating your defense.. you get their wager amount if you r defense holds. Of course this means ironcoins would generate some rich ironcoin bastards

-------------------------

I agree with the either or on duplicate usage..... all depends upon the database structure really. Either the character as an ID and the user just stores the ID, or the user has a unique id for that character associated with the overall character ID. No telling how they'd structure the duplicate check.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-25-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Betting on the arena with ironcoins... hmm..... "How much would you like to wager on your win?"
    That would be sick! I'd actually compete instead of once a day for daily rewards lol
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    iOS

Win and you get the +10/+12/+15 in addition to your wager amount. Lose and you lose your wager. Someone bets on beating your defense.. you get their wager amount if you r defense holds. Of course this means ironcoins would generate some rich ironcoin bastards.
    Love this idea.

OS
    Android
    Mariner - I agree 100% with you regarding the uncertainty to date about how "character" is defined. It seems like it could go either way. So, until more details come out, I'm erroring on the side of keeping duplicates of valuable and/or rare characters, especially now that we have 300 character slots to work with.
    Last edited by druid138; 01-25-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    Love this idea.
    Agreed, I'd do that all day

Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Mariner - I agree 100% with you regarding the uncertainty to date about how "character" is defined. It seems like it could go either way. So, until more details come out, I'm erroring on the side of keeping duplicates of valuable and/or rare characters, especially now that we have 300 character slots to work with.
    Yeah can't hurt to build up the roster... especially since burning up 10 good toons usually nets you a single 4* and 9 green choppers.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.