Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Hey guys. I don't want to throw fuel on the fire, but the the character does seem to be decided when you drop it in the book of souls. Take the demon gang event for example. I got all of the demons except the gunner hellraiser and the purple trickster from hoarded up souls. As for what Yup and Patrice are saying, I seem to recall Sparton mentioning it was a system to prevent exploits. The way I understand it the game syncs with the servers to save the info the moment the eyes light up.

Cheers
    farmereddie-0780

OS
    iOS
    I guess this needs clarified by the devs then! To be honest I was trying to remember a post by Sparton so I may have got it wrong as it was a while back. Either way can the devs please clarify as it does make a difference!

Cheers
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    I remember a few months after I started playing I pulled a Carriage Rider Eddie only for the game to crash before I got the OK button to press. I was gutted as I thought I had lost him. When I restarted the game and dropped the same Soul in again I still got him. This would tie in with what a few have said about preventing exploits.
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Hey guys. Hoping to be able to shed a bit more light on this topic. So, a few hours after the Unholy Legacy event started, I logged into the game, read the event info from the menu then went straight to the Book of Souls. I did not claim, buy or earn any new rare G/A soul since a few days before the event started. Opened 10 of them from my stockpile and BAM! Out pops Beast Eddie.

Seems to me we may have our answer here folks. Hope it helps in your decision-making.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEddie View Post
    Hey guys. Hoping to be able to shed a bit more light on this topic. So, a few hours after the Unholy Legacy event started, I logged into the game, read the event info from the menu then went straight to the Book of Souls. I did not claim, buy or earn any new rare G/A soul since a few days before the event started. Opened 10 of them from my stockpile and BAM! Out pops Beast Eddie.

Seems to me we may have our answer here folks. Hope it helps in your decision-making.
    That's interesting because I tried that:

I still had an immortal soul and opened it now as the new beast did not show in the list - BUT:

-- I play on 2 devices let's name them A and B
    -- Game was started on A and I went to the book of souls. I switched off Internet, Network and even put the device in flight mode. Opened the soul and a E the Great jumped out (dupe). So I force quit the game and left internet connection off. There was no way of communicating with the server.
    -- Started on B and went to the book of souls - siwtched internet off / flight mode and opened the soul - guess what? E the Great!
    -- With internet off on A I deinstalled the game, switched internet back on and reinstalled -> E the Great.

I will try that again with some rare souls and probably 10 common souls as well. But it seems that at least the Immortal soul was predefined. Maybe they all are and whenever a new char comes out the souls she / he is in will be rerolled? That would explain something ... maybe somebody else wants to test that theory as well? maybe somebody with an emulator because it's faster with backing up and restore very quick.

An explanation would be very very interesting. But it's awkward so we won't get an answer ... as with all the other weird shit that's going on.
    Last edited by hold; 06-09-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    That's interesting because I tried that:

I still had an immortal soul and opened it now as the new beast did not show in the list - BUT:

-- I play on 2 devices let's name them A and B
    -- Game was started on A and I went to the book of souls. I switched off Internet, Network and even put the device in flight mode. Opened the soul and a E the Great jumped out (dupe). So I force quit the game and left internet connection off. There was no way of communicating with the server.
    -- Started on B and went to the book of souls - siwtched internet off / flight mode and opened the soul - guess what? E the Great!
    -- With internet off on A I deinstalled the game, switched internet back on and reinstalled -> E the Great.

I will try that again with some rare souls and probably 10 common souls as well. But it seems that at least the Immortal soul was predefined. Maybe they all are and whenever a new char comes out the souls she / he is in will be rerolled? That would explain something ... maybe somebody else wants to test that theory as well? maybe somebody with an emulator because it's faster with backing up and restore very quick.

An explanation would be very very interesting. But it's awkward so we won't get an answer ... as with all the other weird shit that's going on.
    What I described above I just tried with a rare G/A soul.

-- Switched Internet connection off on one device (A) and entered book of souls - opened soul --> Desert Golem
    -- Internet still off and force quit the game and I deleted all data
    -- Started the game on device B with Internet still off on A --> Desert Golem

Sure it could a coincidence but I really really doubt it.

The devs once claimed (long time ago - too lazy to search the thread) the char is decided when the soul hits the book of souls. I will try a few more souls but right now the data points to that this is a plain lie.

What leaves a bit of a bad taste. Why we should believe:

- there is no defense bonus
    - that the distribution of chars (4* / 5*) is equal
    - that the weird coincidences multiple characters in a row despite the odds are very much against it)

Care to explain that phenomenon, devs? Or is it just another inconvenient fact that hopefully will go away and be buried in the depths of the forum? If every week at least one person would do this test as well we could keep the thread alive as long as we get an answer.

Whoever is using an emultator and know how to quick backup and restore - please try yourself - so much faster that on a mobile device. The bug infested software is not running in Linux on an emulator unfortunately.

Weird is that FarmerEddie got a Beast out of an old soul. But a valid theory here would be. Whenever a new char is released all the souls are rerolled in which the char could appear. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by hold; 06-10-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    many strange things in that game
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    What I described above I just tried with a rare G/A soul.

-- Switched Internet connection off on one device (A) and entered book of souls - opened soul --> Desert Golem
    -- Internet still off and force quit the game and I deleted all data
    -- Started the game on device B with Internet still off on A --> Desert Golem

Sure it could a coincidence but I really really doubt it.

The devs once claimed (long time ago - too lazy to search the thread) the char is decided when the soul hits the book of souls. I will try a few more souls but right now the data points to that this is a plain lie.

What leaves a bit of a bad taste. Why we should believe:

- there is no defense bonus
    - that the distribution of chars (4* / 5*) is equal
    - that the weird coincidences multiple characters in a row despite the odds are very much against it)

Care to explain that phenomenon, devs? Or is it just another inconvenient fact that hopefully will go away and be buried in the depths of the forum? If every week at least one person would do this test as well we could keep the thread alive as long as we get an answer.

Whoever is using an emultator and know how to quick backup and restore - please try yourself - so much faster that on a mobile device. The bug infested software is not running in Linux on an emulator unfortunately.

Weird is that FarmerEddie got a Beast out of an old soul. But a valid theory here would be. Whenever a new char is released all the souls are rerolled in which the char could appear. Any other ideas?
    A reroll of the souls would make sense as it's not the first time something like that happens. I hoard my souls for events like that. (Demon gang, valkyrie and Mayan events), and usually I'll score one or more of the new toons from hoarded souls.

That being said Hold's tests point to a completely different answer. I doubt very much either of us is lying, so a refill of the souls seems to make lots of sense.

As for the Immortal Soul not containing Beast Eddie, I believe those are static and are not updated. My immortal fragments don't show him as a drop either. I don't have any "Old" immortal fragments left from last year, but does anyone know if they still only contain the possible drops from the first year only?

OS
    iOS
    Not sure it even matters what color the souls are for me. It will be a WAR Troll, Wickerman or Undead Rescuer.... just got my 3rd and 4rd Wickerman off a Rare soul and a Warrior rare soul. Two trolls in two weeks, 4 wickermen in 3 weeks and 4 Undead Rescuers within 4 weeks.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121