Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    This is one reason I've never really harbored souls. Whatever character they are, is already determined. It's not like I'll ever get a NEW character that came out AFTER I got the soul.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Yeah - pretty sure decided when received, not when dropped in the BoS. I too have used BoS then had a crash and got the same toons after the crash - 6 or 7 it was when it happened and all of them were identical to the pre-crash bunch.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    Yeah - pretty sure decided when received, not when dropped in the BoS. I too have used BoS then had a crash and got the same toons after the crash - 6 or 7 it was when it happened and all of them were identical to the pre-crash bunch.
    yes same here, but if you keep rare souls and open them during an event with fragment in them you have fragment in old rare souls.
    It is the reason i keep only the basic rare souls
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    iOS
    Not sure I understand that, Blade. But yeah I think fragments can be anything new or old. I think your'e better off stockpiling fragments than souls.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Not sure I understand that, Blade. But yeah I think fragments can be anything new or old. I think your'e better off stockpiling fragments than souls.
    you didn't understand my words
    i speak of fragment in rare souls during event not fragment in our stock

OS
    iOS
    Oh, you mean those events where rare souls suddenly also drop fragments for other souls... yeah.. That can happen your'e right.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Oh, you mean those events where rare souls suddenly also drop fragments for other souls... yeah.. That can happen your'e right.
    yes i keep it only for that

OS
    Android
    I understand that in theory.. but then.. why..

can I drop a soul.. see it's character.. get a game crash... relaunch the game.. the same soul is there again.. I drop it a second time theoretically giving me the chance to get any character again.... yet I get the same character?

This has happened to me more times than I can count. And not just with individual souls.. drop 10 Maker souls.. see the 10 characters... crash.. relaunch, same 10 maker souls result in same 10 characters. If dropping determines what character. there's no way 10 souls give the same result.

Sorry. From my own personal experience, I feel the character is decided when you get the soul, not when you convert it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    I stand corrected, what I assumed is what I wrote as this was the answer I received from the LOTB community manager on Facebook however. After reading your response I turned off my network connections and drop fed souls to Eddie... they resulted in toons. So you are right. Each soul is decided as you are given them...
    I think the toon is decided when you drop the soul in the BoS. The reason you get the same toon if it crashes (or is force closed) when you drop the soul is due to the game using the same seed value for the RNG. Probably set up that way to prevent people from dropping the same soul until they get what they want.

If it was decided when you get the soul, how do you explain people who have pulled a newly released toon from an old soul? I think of it more as the soul has a particular numerical value. Because the odds of pulling a character from a soul change when new toons are added, that value could point at a different character. Same thing if they increase the odds for getting a 4 or 5 star toon.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    I think the toon is decided when you drop the soul in the BoS. The reason you get the same toon if it crashes (or is force closed) when you drop the soul is due to the game using the same seed value for the RNG. Probably set up that way to prevent people from dropping the same soul until they get what they want.

If it was decided when you get the soul, how do you explain people who have pulled a newly released toon from an old soul? I think of it more as the soul has a particular numerical value. Because the odds of pulling a character from a soul change when new toons are added, that value could point at a different character. Same thing if they increase the odds for getting a 4 or 5 star toon.
    That was my thinking until i turned off my 4G and wifi and dropped souls in Eddie's mouth... toons came out. They did not register as the game crashed when i got out of the Book of Souls but when i restarted with internet back on... ta...dah... same toons!
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    That was my thinking until i turned off my 4G and wifi and dropped souls in Eddie's mouth... toons came out. They did not register as the game crashed when i got out of the Book of Souls but when i restarted with internet back on... ta...dah... same toons!
    Yes, but if the seed for the RNG is synced with the server that is exactly what would happen. The number to pick the toon will stay the same until the seed gets updated,
    meaning you'd get the same toon. But, when a new toon is introduced that same number might point at a different toon as the odds have changed.