Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Oh, I'll buy not taking it too seriously all day and night, my friend! My only advice to the team would be: Maybe don't advertise something like this as a "Mega Event" in the future. lol
    My thought is the mega part is because it's a two week event. A little misleading, but hopefully will be fun. Besides, if they're considered allies, it'll mean an all Eddie team can be created.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Oh, I'll buy not taking it too seriously all day and night, my friend! My only advice to the team would be: Maybe don't advertise something like this as a "Mega Event" in the future. lol
    On that note I can agree, "Mega event" are strong words indeed, but we still don't know what the event is all about, so I will give then the benefit of doubt until later today.

Should've be called an "X-Event" would be much more appropriated in my opinion, would still generates a lot of speculation (X Factor) and would be a nice trolling from NF since the name would fit the Cross-Over theme pretty well.

Cheers, Ed.
    Gone like the wind at 299,792,458 m/s , now I'm just "An experience of seeing someone or something in a dream or trance, or as a supernatural apparition."
    Gonna dream about Britney while smacking Thanos in the face. Just like Katy kissed a girl and she liked, I kissed a Frog and I puked, well at least I tried, Oh what a bunch of Cool Guys we are!!!
    That's all folks, Chimichanga's ready, cya later and bon appetit!

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I really am curious to see it, one way or the other, tbh. lol The whole "Mega Event" thing though came across to me as misleading...especially for long-time players. I mean, they know how jaded some of us are, and I think they wanted to inflate our expectations, which would be fine, if they were delivering some long-awaited content, but feels very bait-and-switch to me otherwise. Had this been billed from the outset as a "Crossover Event," it would have felt much more honest. Just my thoughts. The artwork from the press release alone screams: "Don't take all this too seriously, you wankers!" lol
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Are you all really that surprised at the "puffing" used for the event?? I mean it's pretty consistent with every event. And I'm sure for NF and Rovio it is a "mega" event, at least in financial potential.

Kick a dog enough times and eventually it's the dog's fault for returning to you.
    -----
    Everyone you encounter is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
    Treat others as you wish to be treated.
    It is folly to assume you know someone merely by a username.
    You never know what influence or impact some random
    person on the internet may have.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Kick a dog enough times and eventually it's the dog's fault for returning to you.
    No doubts there! lol But yeah, I'd still say calling it a "Mega Event" was a lot more bait-and-switch than usual. I mean, we all know to take the word "Event" in the context of this game with a grain of salt by now, but surely adjectives should still mean something?? No? Just me? lol
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    dear TEF after all these years we finally did find a topic, where we both can fully agree in perfect harmony. i couldn't be more happy about this my dear mofo buddy this makes up for the MEGA disappointment from the misleading header of the event... still hoping for a good surprise, but the hope is slowly fading away...

What you see is not real, those who know will not tell
    All is lost sold your souls to this brave new world

Quote Originally Posted by Sponholz View Post
    And I just hope the special characters are not hidden behind a wall of Souls, cause man, I honestly don't find any soul event attractive at all... more expensive souls for the same* chance. (*No matter if the chance is increased its still pretty low, and no, I am not complaining here, that's the way this game works since the first day I played, so I am pretty used to my RNG nightmarish luck by now).
    There will be 100% guaranteed* ways of getting each Bird, but they will also be available via event souls for the duration of the event (you may want some extras...). And like any of our "limited" characters, any characters you actually summon you keep forever as long as you don't Sacrifice or Sell them; they'll just not be available from regular souls (both during the event and after the event is over).

More details will be released when the event starts.

*Exception for "guaranteed" if you don't count getting Arena wins for one of the birds as something you can guarantee progress on.

OS
    Android
    Best news, thanks for putting some minds at ease.

Just saw the asterix looks like going back to 3 star sol Eddie defense.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    There will be 100% guaranteed* ways of getting each Bird, but they will also be available via event souls for the duration of the event (you may want some extras...). And like any of our "limited" characters, any characters you actually summon you keep forever as long as you don't Sacrifice or Sell them; they'll just not be available from regular souls (both during the event and after the event is over).

More details will be released when the event starts.

*Exception for "guaranteed" if you don't count getting Arena wins for one of the birds as something you can guarantee progress on.
    Awesome news!!!

I honestly don't have nothing against the Soul system, that's part and always will be a part of this game, just my luck sometimes gives me nightmares (spent all I had at the SSE event and those Red Eyes didn't revealed him [just as example]).

I just don't like the 100% rng/chance/luck aka Souls events that much.

And if NF are giving a way of us getting then outside and inside of Souls, I couldn't be more happy about it. (Always liked and always will like anytime there is an option to the player).

This applies to this and every event.

And yeah, I am hyped to play with the Birds, bring then in!!!!

Cheers, Ed.
    Gone like the wind at 299,792,458 m/s , now I'm just "An experience of seeing someone or something in a dream or trance, or as a supernatural apparition."
    Gonna dream about Britney while smacking Thanos in the face. Just like Katy kissed a girl and she liked, I kissed a Frog and I puked, well at least I tried, Oh what a bunch of Cool Guys we are!!!
    That's all folks, Chimichanga's ready, cya later and bon appetit!

OS
    iOS
    You do realize "100% guaranteed way" could mean purchase. Just saying
    -----
    Everyone you encounter is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
    Treat others as you wish to be treated.
    It is folly to assume you know someone merely by a username.
    You never know what influence or impact some random
    person on the internet may have.