Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

February 2018 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    iOS
    Really don't want to be "that" guy.... typo....

Skill fixes -> Viking Eddie -> "Fix for skill removing one than one beneficial effect"

Thanks for the update !
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I'm surprised and happy to see another update so soon on the horizon. The overall tuning looks good, the buffs to multiple Eddie's at once is pretty cool, the way some of them are now stacked will most likely bring them into PvP. I'll have to get my hands on Visions and Samurai Eddie as soon as I can.

The parts I don't really like aren't really a big deal, nerfing VHE's special will really depend on how much it's nerfed, yet I tend to rely on Ally special anyways. Changing Eda's passive to only 1 turn will probably do some good, but I'd welcome the ability to extend golden effects as a good trade off.

The one thing I really wish was here, was a fix for seal not working but I suppose I'll wait longer.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Really don't want to be "that" guy.... typo....

Skill fixes -> Viking Eddie -> "Fix for skill removing one than one beneficial effect"
    Well dang, that's what I get for trying to rush the patch notes through, I guess. I'll make sure that's corrected in time for the final patch notes with the update release.

OS
    Android
    Will Storm Eddie be switched to magus? On the first table Storm Eddie is listed as assassin, but on the second one is magus.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_ID View Post
    Will Storm Eddie be switched to magus? On the first table Storm Eddie is listed as assassin, but on the second one is magus.
    Our mistake. He is still an Assassin. We'll get that fixed for the final patch release notes.

-Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Zerynx View Post
    I'm not a huge gamer, so even after some cursory google searching the terms "base damage" and "damage scaling" don't mean anything to me. It looks like Gunner Child is getting a nerf, is this indeed the case? Could someone be ever so kind and briefly explain those terms to me?
    "Base damage" refers to the amount of damage that character does based on the appropriate stats, but before accounting for improvements from skill shards.

"Damage scaling" refers to increases in damage based on the skill levels earned from investing skill shards.

Basically, from the last tuning update, the Gunner Child of the Damned was intended to be able to do fairly strong damage against foes with very high Attack and Magic (ie Anti-Assassin), but only reasonable damage against other foes. However, the scaling was not at a place to do that, and instead did strong damage against everyone and really strong damage against Assassins. This change will make her damage closer to other AoE attackers against foes with middling or low offensive stats.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    all in all the changes look very reasonable on paper. just one thing i'm missing: would be interested to hear your opinion about 7th son eddie. don't you guys think, some tweaks would be fine there too?
    yeah i get the problem of him being released currently, but for the sake of the pvp guys please adjust some of his broken parts. interesting that no dev ever commented on the concerns about him, would be cool if you'd be the first...
    We haven't really commented on it because we want to be careful about commenting on very new characters.

Before releasing a character, we use that character in our test environments in a variety of situations to help find synergies and counters. We start a lot of our experiments based on a combination of our own experience in the live game, plus taking inspiration from other players' teams and strategies. As such, there's a lot of times where we see complaints and concerns from players that we know counters or strategies for, but we want the community to arrive at those on our own (or better prove that our theories are insufficient answers).

The short answer is we see Seventh Son Eddie as a strong new Eddie, but not one in need of direct changes at this time (the existence of more answers to deal with golden positive effects is, in a way, an indirect nerf).

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    one further question, can we expect the gauntlet this time?
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    I have to agree with Zerynx about Eda. Sounds like she's getting benched, especially if that one round works the same way as it does for the prisoner. With golden buffs now being able to be stolen, the only thing she offers is a way for the opposing team to steal infinite perfect immunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    I think people are misunderstanding the "yellow buff"

You won't be able to steal it. Currently, you can still BLUE buffs even if a character has a perfect immunity ("Yellow buff"). The update will fix this issue to prevent BLUE buffs to be stolen when PI is present
    This has already been clarified by a few others, but just to reiterate, keep in mind that golden positive effects can only be stolen by characters that clearly indicate they can steal golden effects (such as Visions Eddie after these changes go live), which is a small subset of existing characters that can steal or remove effects. Warrior Undead Rescuer is not directly nabbing Perfect Immunity, Perfect Immortality, Ascension, etc any time soon.

This is in addition to the fix for the issue where characters that cannot normally steal golden positive effects were stealing other effects that characters with Perfect Immunity had.

OS
    iOS
    Please sort out the timing issue with Navigator Eddie soon, it's been too long

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    "Base damage" refers to the amount of damage that character does based on the appropriate stats, but before accounting for improvements from skill shards.

"Damage scaling" refers to increases in damage based on the skill levels earned from investing skill shards.

Basically, from the last tuning update, the Gunner Child of the Damned was intended to be able to do fairly strong damage against foes with very high Attack and Magic (ie Anti-Assassin), but only reasonable damage against other foes. However, the scaling was not at a place to do that, and instead did strong damage against everyone and really strong damage against Assassins. This change will make her damage closer to other AoE attackers against foes with middling or low offensive stats.
    Thank you for your answer Sparton. While I'd not like to see the Nerf, I can understand why it is on the way. Been fun to user her in the recent arena event.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired

OS
    Android
    Storm Eddie getting a buff? Love it. He was my first level 100 Eddie (and could be my favourite Eddie)
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan