Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Gunner Child of the Damned..

..Keeps handing my arse to me on a plate.

What gives? Has she had a buff recently and I’ve missed it? I thought she was pretty average character for PVP but she keeps annihilating me. I haven’t played Arena much these past months, so have I missed something?

Against 3 seperate teams I’m 1 for 14.

First two teams I’m 0 - 5 against both. I lost all 10 tosses which didn’t help. But man, she was hitting like a truck. Taking 1, often 2 characters out in one hit. My Vampire Ed survives through Immortality Talismans and sometimes I managed to get his fury up to revive my team. But if I managed to get that far she had enough energy to use Golden Stare which granted her team Heal Shields, and the moment I lost Red Buzz I was toast. Warm buttery toast. No way to remove the shield and no way to survive her damage.

Today, I’m 1 - 4. Actually won a toss this time, which I still lost. Confused how that happened though. Went first, removed her first and damaged the others. Looked away when it was their turn and when I looked back I had lost. They had an AoF in there team and I think the bug beat me.

Eventually beat them on the 5th attemp on a match I must has won the toss on becasue the other 3 I didn’t even get a go. On the 4th match in one hit she killed my Green bat, Red Buzz Lightyear and Yellow Titty girl. One hit!! I had two blockers and that still happened!

Guess I’ll have to up my game and tactics against her as what I’m doing now sure as hell isn’t working.

*Note*

I am not calling for a nerf. Just expressing what happened to me recently and to see if anyone else had issues against teams with her in or if it’s just me being shit. Out of the respect of those teams, I won’t say who they were, what their team or talisman compositions were. They’ve created good defences so props to them. It’s good to see her being used more!
    I shoot the gunner first.
    Aces High, Cyborg, Doomsday, Hallowed, Navigator, Tailgunner, Soldier
    Beast, Eternity, Iron, Killers, Rainmaker, Storm, Vampire Hunter
    Alexander The Great, Coalgiver, Clansman, Eddie, phantom, Run To The Hills, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper
    Bass, Carriage Rider, Crusader, Edward The Great, Grim Reaper, Mystic, Seventh Son, Shadow Wickerman, Speed of Light, Wicker Man
    Benjamin Breeg, Fear of the Dark, Final Frontier, Mummy, Piece of Mind, Pharaoh, Viking, Visions

OS
    Android
    She's tough, and they did fix her scaling with the past update. Key thing with her is she scales from your stats.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah.. seems the recent change has made GCotD really a contender... especially with a Charge buff.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    good example for bad overtuning. she deserved a buff, but she is somewhat out of line compared to similar characters now. NF is known for randomly overtuning toons every once in a while i thought they have fixed this, but i was apparently wrong. at least we have a complete new meta now, this might keep things fresh for a while...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    good example for bad overtuning. she deserved a buff, but she is somewhat out of line compared to similar characters now. NF is known for randomly overtuning toons every once in a while i thought they have fixed this, but i was apparently wrong. at least we have a complete new meta now, this might keep things fresh for a while...
    The Story about the Child is:
    1) it was an OK toon at former Times, Not used by many
    2) they Changed the Basic Attack from physical to true
    3) during that, the damage scaling went wrong
    4) nobody noticed
    5) the tuning notes went online, saying that the scaling will be DEcreased, indicating that it was overpowered
    6) some guys noticed that and powered Up their Child
    7) the child showes Up in several defenses in PvP, exploiting the scaling problem

And Here we are... I am not sure if this behavior should be called clever to exploit a wrong scaling for 3 (?) weeks or not. I am curious about the Level of nerf the Child will receive in the next Update. To prevent this in the future, they should Not release the tuning notes too early...

OS
    iOS
    I have come up against her a few times this week and she does indeed hit like a truck and nearly wiped me out - but all my guys just hung on enough to let me heal and fortify. She did die quickly to be fair but I think some folk are putting up defence teams that are set up to hit like trucks and rely often on the coin toss - if they go first you can be in deep do do. Like others say hopefully the scaling gets fixed as she is clearly over powered and certainly more common this last week or so. Maybe best to steer clear of her though depending on your team. I must admit I don't dodge teams with her - but so far I have managed to survive OK but only maybe three or four times.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    IT is WAY over tuned for a multi-target attack. I mean 5 digit damage to an entire team is quite unique. Traditionally 5 digit damage is for single-target hitters.

I just know that it must die first now
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I straight up refuse to fight any team thats got her in. Waste of SOW and effort.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    The Story about the Child is:
    1) it was an OK toon at former Times, Not used by many
    2) they Changed the Basic Attack from physical to true
    3) during that, the damage scaling went wrong
    4) nobody noticed
    5) the tuning notes went online, saying that the scaling will be DEcreased, indicating that it was overpowered
    6) some guys noticed that and powered Up their Child
    7) the child showes Up in several defenses in PvP, exploiting the scaling problem

And Here we are... I am not sure if this behavior should be called clever to exploit a wrong scaling for 3 (?) weeks or not. I am curious about the Level of nerf the Child will receive in the next Update. To prevent this in the future, they should Not release the tuning notes too early...
    Thanks for that summury Blade...
    Sad to know that she will be nerfed, i maxed mine last week after seeing how she was powerfull in the arena (i didn't noticed the future nerf in the tuning note :/)
    Well that's right she hits like a truck but i'm not favorable for a nerf... in my opinion we need some heavy hitters like her or like how was wrath in the past : that makes the arena fights more intenses and faster...

Fast win or fast lose, that's a really good meta for the arena event next week
    dje-8079

OS
    Android
    I used her from a trooper in AMOLAD. Curse, Class Advantage and Critical Strike put the damage at around 40k, insane! Maybe we should use her in BNW
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings