Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Magus 1000

OS
    Android

The Magus 1000

First thing is a big congratulations to Carlos for an amazing run and becoming a member of the 10K club. Also, big congrats to Kamuz and FallenAngel for making the podium. Finally, a big thanks to those who competed with easy defenses.

Very obvious that the toon of the day was GCotD, with her ability to one shot kill most blockers and at times even whole teams. With luck the coming nerf won't see her relegated to bench warmer status. I used her on offense, but didn't take the time to put a defense with her.

Bugs in arena are obviously alive and well and I personally just see them as part of the meta. While it's frustrating to lose a match because of a bug, most of them are known issues so it's not surprising. The ones that really get me are the game breaking ones that crash and cause a loss. I was fortunate to not have any of those and sorry for those who did.

7th Son also made a big debut in arena and proved to be as competitive as VHE. With the coming update allowing yellow buffs to be stolen I don't see him as OP. There are also quite a few ways to block his skills, so with luck he'll remain unchanged.

I ran a weak defense for a day or so. Hopefully it helped a few people out. I still think it's better for everyone to get more rewards. Missed my target level by 100 wins. Had too many other things that took precedence for most of the week.

Hopefully some of the new content is in the very near future. The speedy trooper feature being the most important. Personally the grinding part I do on autopilot almost, so it's not too bad but still time consuming. I can see that it might help with PvP. Less time spent on troopers could give people more time to focus on arena. So, bring it on. After that, all the rest that was outlined in the state of the nation post sounds good. For NF, I think making a path to get a specific toon is a big necessity. Several suggestions on implementation from the community on it, so choose one or come up with another solution but it's something that needs to happen. The RNG is fine to a point, but we should have a way to get a specific toon (shouldn't be too easy though).

Up the Irons!

Askora

OS
    iOS
    Those are some great players for sure. I don’t know when some of these guys sleep though. Lol
    Personally I love seeing what defense Kamuz will come up with next. He thinks outside the box, which is refreshing. Kudos dude.

I had the GCotD in for a time, but felt bad about it with the event and all, so pulled her. Not that I was going to compete with those guys on the podium this week anyway. Used her on offense now and then though.
    This is one time, where I am for a nerf. Lol

The event was cool, but did really turn into a grind. Reaching 1000 wins is too much for 99% of us I’d guess.

As far as troopers, I auto play mine as well. It would be nice to do this quicker when time is a constraint though.

Looking forward to some new content, but really for me, the bugs are my biggest complaint. They were running rampant in the arena. The server errors as well. I had dozens of server errors, and as far as I could tell, all but one resulted in a loss. I let the game sit there after a win for sometimes 10 minutes or so hoping for the server to make good on things. As said, it worked out for me once as I recall.

What more can be said of RNG, it never makes sense from my experience. Doesn’t just appear to be random. Both in and out of the Arena.

Anyway, I want this game to be amazing, bug free, and have a long life. Tall task indeed, but best to NF in making that happen.

OS
    iOS
    I honestly don't get all the "congratulations" ...... ooohhh you tapped a button repeatedly for a week, and apparently have nothing else to do with your life..... aren't you special?

The arena events are lame. They are there to see how much time the game can suck away from you. The higher the achievement the more you LOSE not win.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I honestly don't get all the "congratulations" ...... ooohhh you tapped a button repeatedly for a week, and apparently have nothing else to do with your life..... aren't you special?

The arena events are lame. They are there to see how much time the game can suck away from you. The higher the achievement the more you LOSE not win.
    Why congratulate those who pull a character they've been trying to get forever? It's just RNG, all they did is drag a soul across the screen.

Going for eternal does take a lot of button tapping and time. It also takes determination, effort and even some skill. When you're in the #1 position, most wins get you 12 points, most of the losses by your defense cost you 13 points, and most of your offensive losses cost you 20 points. Since the system tries to maintain a 1 to 1 ratio of offense vs. defense, that makes an offensive loss equivalent to 33 points much of the time. So, you have to have an excellent offense, be quick to keep up with the defensive losses and have a defense that is good enough to keep you from dropping like a stone. Top 100 is easy, eternal takes more effort than most are willing to give. The rewards for all that effort aren't really worth it, so peer recognition is the bigger reward.

Your statement could be applied just as easily to so many things. Why congratulate a race car driver for winning, all he did was drive a car. Why congratulate a football team for winning, all they did is throw and carry a ball around. We congratulate those who win because they were competitive in a competition and they won. Simple as that.

OS
    Android

Name:  ts1372.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  29.0 KB
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android

Grandson is asking his grandfather why people say about him that he is very smart, the grandfather answered:
    "When I think of something stupid to say, I think again and just don't say it. That's why people think I'm smart."
    You should try it sometimes.
    And back to the more important part.
    Congrats to the top 3 guys and to Carlos for getting into the 10k hall of fame! You guys are loco, don't think I can do it again!
    Last edited by Bradata; 02-05-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    Envy? That's hilarious!

I guess I don't see button tapping as an accomplishment of note really. It's fair if others disagree, and I'm not trying to denigrate those that do enjoy the button tapping and get some sense of value from it. I just don't grasp that concept I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradata View Post
    That's why people thing I'm smart.
    Even when using the wrong word or misspelling things?

Nothing I posted was meant to be an insult to anyone. I just don't understand "congrats! You moved your finger more than anyone else this week!"
    Last edited by Yup; 02-05-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I guess I don't see button tapping as an accomplishment of note really. It's fair if others disagree, and I'm not trying to denigrate those that do enjoy the button tapping and get some sense of value from it. I just don't grasp that concept I guess.
    But aren't you also playing this game by tapping the buttons? I mean come on.. Or you have a different method? If you are also playing this game, i assume you are also tapping. And you must be enjoying that tapping otherwise you'll not keep playing this game. Am i right? So as i understand, if you tap a lot you start to lose enjoying the game. So, it is not "to tap or not tap" . What matters is the amount of taps. Anyway, happy tapping
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android

Going for eternal does take a lot of button tapping and time. It also takes determination, effort and even some skill. When you're in the #1 position, most wins get you 12 points, most of the losses by your defense cost you 13 points, and most of your offensive losses cost you 20 points. Since the system tries to maintain a 1 to 1 ratio of offense vs. defense, that makes an offensive loss equivalent to 33 points much of the time. So, you have to have an excellent offense, be quick to keep up with the defensive losses and have a defense that is good enough to keep you from dropping like a stone. Top 100 is easy, eternal takes more effort than most are willing to give. The rewards for all that effort aren't really worth it, so peer recognition is the bigger reward.

Your statement could be applied just as easily to so many things. Why congratulate a race car driver for winning, all he did was drive a car. Why congratulate a football team for winning, all they did is throw and carry a ball around. We congratulate those who win because they were competitive in a competition and they won. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

it's so hard to become eternal, especially during an event, and carlos did a hell of a job. Why he did it? Well out of passion for the game and the band. If that's not worth congratulating, then we should quit this crap alltogether. The real dumb thing about the game is playing powerslave 100 times every single boring day. Getting eternal is something complete different, with the new meta shifts constantly. Carlos though about a fast strategy to crush the lists as fast as possible and i can tell you even if i would try it as hard as possible, he would outspeed me, because of skill/speed. It's much more than just pushing buttons, and it's extremly disrespectful for those who put in such an effort, just to set a new all time record pointwise.

why do people speedrun supermario then, why do they try insane difficult levels and why do they set some real sport records just a waste of time? Depends on your POV. PASSION, INSANITY and COMPETITIVE SPIRITis the answer, and nothing bad about this.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I'm not gonna lie, I have respect for those who are willing to go that far in a competition like this. 1000 is something I'd never even dream of shooting for, unless losses were counted. Since they aren't, I'll happily stick to 300 and then take like half a week or a full week off from the game.

"congrats! You moved your finger more than anyone else this week!"
    I was gonna make a dirty joke out of this but I remembered that I'm on a forum and I have to be "mature"
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings