OS
    iOS

Somewhat of a farewell...

Hi everyone. This is a rather long post, so bear with me. But before I get to the main point, I’m going to tell you a little story.

2 years ago, I was listening to the radio, when I heard the DJ say Iron Maiden had a mobile game in the works. I remember being incredibly excited. Flash forward to summer of 2016. Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast was available to Maiden fans worldwide. I can’t recall downloading any other game that quickly. First impressions were fantastic. A solid RPG, built around the best damn heavy metal mascot ever, Eddie the Head. I felt like an ecstatic little kid. I vividly remember my first ever 5 star: Visions Eddie. I thought he was amazing. It was only until a short while after that I found out he was infamous for being cow-milking F’n VE on the forums. I was determined to cling to him. He reigned as my champion for what felt like ages. He was somewhat recently sacrificed, near the 1-year anniversary of the game.

Now, to the main point. It’s not something I imagined myself saying, but I’ve thought long and hard about it, and made a decision. I’m putting Scone-8461, my main account, the one I’ve been playing since launch, to rest. I’ve made some really stupid decisions as of recent, like sacrificing VHE, Mystic Eddie, the Birds, and Edward the Great. Couple that with the pattern this game’s been following (Events, buff/nerf updates with fuck all content, followed by more events), I put Scone-8461 out with a bang. I said goodbye to everything: my hard-earned and sentimental Eddies, Bastion, my Magus Chopper (which I nicknamed “Joel”), and my Clairvoyant. The only thing left is the Grim Reaper himself, or rather GRE, to symbolize the account’s “death”.

However, I’m not done playing. Last week, I decided that I needed to breathe some new life into my LOTB foray. I started up an alt account, Sc0n3-8222. My new adventure began. I’ve already earned Mystic Eddie and the Witch Doctor. I’ve already made some stupid decisions, like sacrificing Eddie, Wicker Man Eddie, and Soldier Eddie, but they didn’t go in vain. I’ll take my 2 5-stars. I’ve made steady progress through Underworld. I plan to nab GRE, play Night City/all new playable content, and do everything I did on Scone-8461, but with a new account. For any of my troopers on my old account, feel free drop me and/or add me on my new account.

TL;DR: I terminated my old account with a bang, and started over. Was it a stupid decision? Yes. Do I care? No.
    Last edited by MisterEly; 03-14-2018 at 01:27 AM.

OS
    Android
    RIP Scone-8461!

Not on your original list but sent a request anyway.
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    RIP Scone-8461!

Not on your original list but sent a request anyway.
    Much appreciated! Need all the troopers I can get, gotta earn the frags for that sweet, sweet Trooper soul!
    the local mentally unstable halfwit

DoctorEly-4668: Dark Road Eddie

OS
    Android
    Sometimes even the best of us need a refresh to keep things interesting. I've considered restarting as well but I'm sitting on so many materials that it would be a shame to let it all go. Next time I'm in I'll definitely add your new account.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Starting anew was a good decision, couple of months ago I made some terrible decisions with sacrifice etc. aswell. Request sent.
    From the red sky of the east to the sunset in the west
    We have cheated death and he has cheated us

But that was just a dream and this is what it means
    We are sleeping and we'll dream for evermore

Rebuilding account form the scratch
    Mera-9796

OS
    Android
    I still can't understand why anyone ever sacrifices a non-dupe Eddie...
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I still can't understand why anyone ever sacrifices a non-dupe Eddie...

.. especially any of the default 4 knowing that you can't get them back and at least 1 of them will be needed to complete missions later.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    .. especially any of the default 4 knowing that you can't get them back and at least 1 of them will be needed to complete missions later.
    As I have may or may not have expressed before: I am not a smart person :/
    the local mentally unstable halfwit

DoctorEly-4668: Dark Road Eddie