Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    The Gauntlet beta's rewards will not be non-existent, but they'll certainly be different in the beta compared to when the feature globally launches (or at least different when the beta first starts). Getting to the higher grades within the Gauntlet will be extremely challenging, as we definitely don't want to give beta players as huge advantage... but we also want it to be worth the time and effort so people try to push the limits of the feature in the beta! As such, we'll be finding a balance between being worth spending the time/Sands of War, and not giving a huge advantage to people part of the beta test.
    Thanks for the explanation and the quickness of it. Anyway, no matter what, it's something to look forward to \,,/
    Örder of Eld: Sanctuary for players that can live without mandatory Discord-sessions and pow-wows

OS
    iOS
    I agree with Spohholz.
    I stay in the middle tier just because that is where I have time to play.
    This week I ended up with a little extra time and for a few days I was playing in the top 50 and then top 100 and still falling back to my normal ranks as my week gets busier and the weekend comes. I was winning a good bit even in the top 50 which was pretty exciting and probably kept me playing more than I normally would. Sometimes it would take me 2-3 tries to beat a team, but I love the challenge of finally overcoming a good defense (even it it is only a lucky round LOL).
    It is normal for me to creep into the higher ranks (500-250ish for me) on Thursday and Friday as I try to build up some cushion so I don't fall too far and lose my rewards due to not playing over the weekend much.

I hope i am wrong, but it seems that I won't be able to win much (at all?) once I gain a few ranks and start hitting the relic teams? I think it will really depend on where the breaks occur between those who have the coins to spend and those that don't. I wonder what rank that line will really begin to show?

I love the game. Hopefully I'll still feel like I'm middle-of-the-road competitive. LOL
    Last edited by Tim28213; 03-09-2018 at 09:05 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    There are some features to help alleviate the amount of time /effort required coming pretty soon
    Quick translation for the newer players: "Could take up to 6-8 months"

It's not like players complained pretty much from start what a time sink this game is for basically next to no reward.

I'm not negative by the way - I am realistic based on what I have seen since July 2016. Also the devs never ever answered to drop rates and those days they seem to be lower then ever before.

I gladly repeat myself: Not one more cent ever again until things change or unless the drop rates / RNG stats are revealed.

Some people say: Well it's like gambling - that's true. But there are even laws for gambling at least in most countries. I wonder if Nodding Fraud is compliant to them? Any lawyers around that could explain more on this matter? Would be really interesting.

OS
    Android
    you miss the point where most players are Casual players... most people won't grind for more than 1 hour or two. they have lives, you know?

anyhow, another idea: just make a random battle section, where you play against a random team with all characters and buff them up. that's challenging and fun enough for casual players. and keep the 100 toppest players mode for gauntlet or whatever...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post

In terms of creating a gap, that is true. What will happen is people who are sitting on a bunch of ic and want to buy all the relics will get an immediate benefit for their resources. This does mean however, they are much more likely to face off against other players doing the same and less likely to come across weaker targets as the divisions will naturally stratify overtime based on who is actively playing the Arena and buying relics and who is not. In the end, the result should be that you'll basically will be facing off against other people at your level so casually engaged arena users will have a lower chance of meeting up with the top tier players over time and those who have relics will be evenly matched.

This does make the top end of the arena more competitive and in order to make that effort worth it, we have some updates coming to the Arena rewards that should hopefully make it very appealing to place in the top divisions. Also as already mentioned, relics apply to more than just PvP. Many players will now have a means to advance their PvE teams elsewhere in the game to make the tackling of challenging content more manageable.

-Kaz
    thanks for the detailed answer kaz. looking forward to the new content, i'm sure it's an excellent addition in the longterm. but i think your statement above is not entirely accurate. yeah, we will match the people around us a lot. but how many guys are at the top of the arena and really have a real warchest of coins? 15 maybe or 25. i bet i can name the most of them exactly. but we are facing many more names when clearing lists. so we will be matched vs much weaker opponents 80% of the time, that's the logic of the machmaking for the top players.
    so we have fistfull of guys who have a huge advantage over 98% of all other players, maybe even 99%. you basicly created a champions league for a few players while the rest is playing in the 2nd or 3rd division. that's why i dislike the relics in the arena. how about something like relic bonuses count only 50% in the arena, while they count 100% in the cosmos? this would sound more reasonable to me.

but i'm positive that we can turn this into a positive addition overall after a while, i just hope that not too many players will quit because ot this. once new content is there this step might be very good, but it would have been better to get this content out before of the relics. but i understand the logic behind this approach too.
    let's see how things will turn out...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Like I've always posted.. this "game" ensures the top layers in the arena ALWAYS stay at the top. It's a FUTILE effort to attempt to climb the ranks. You have to be playing since day 1 or close to it. All Relics do is create a larger chasm. And it seem will give better rewards to the players ALREADY getting better rewards. It's a bullshit feature. Great off the cuff but really crappy when you think about it.

And to suggest relics are good or even needed in PVE is, frankly, laughable. they aren't needed. EVERY player that has EVER cleared Underworld madness did it WITHOUT relics. It's not like no one here achieved that. I constantly read about not increasing drop rates or rewards for fear of "speeding progression" through the "game".... now Relics are being touted as a way of "speeding progression"? So...... yeah.. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure. Y'll need to be consistent on your marketing messages. The snake oil is slipping out.

Wait... let me turn around so you can blow more smoke.....
    Last edited by Yup; 03-10-2018 at 03:48 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Banned
    LotB has become a big snowball system. They release overpowered shit, that everyone is hunting, then the release much more overpowered shit to compensate the earlier overpowered shit.

Example:
    Perfect immunity - with all the new toons that can remove this "perfect" buffs, we are, where we were b4.

This will continue, but like every snowball system it will crash with a mighty booom and it is over.

It is funny how some players still believe, what NF is saying, we are sorry, that wasn't intentionally - bullshit, they kow exactly, what they are doing.

NF has now reached a fraudlevel, were reporting them at apple simply isn't enough. Everyone has to earn money, but the way NF is doing it, is simply to steal the earned money of the players.

I bought Assassin health relic. Working on getting defense for them too. So at least Wrath and Rainmaker can maybe live a little longer. Not gonna go beyong that unless I'm really bored though.

OS
    iOS
    I had an unusual amount of free time this weekend and I ended up in the top 100 of the arena (barely). I was surprised to find that I could actually beat teams that had a ton of relics (I only have 2). It took forever when I came up against teams with multiple health talismans. I faced a good many teams with a high number of relics and won. Again it just took a lot longer. I'm sure my defense was getting put down pretty quickly by those teams, but I was happy to see that I could beat them eventually. Arena is already a time sink for me and it just got longer, but I can win still at least.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Addition of relics just makes it all seem like hamsters on a wheel....

start making decent headway.. and BAM.. a huge advantage is provided to someone that has been playing for even a month longer. An advantage I'll need 4 times as long to even reach and by that time.. I still won't be caught up. Basically... the longer you play.. the more behind you'll always be. The only way to be ahead in this "game" is to have been playing from the launch.

The "game" has never seemed more pointless. I was collecting duplicate Eddies, had most of them... I've sacrificed them.. no Legendary souls.... I covert over 100 Light souls.. only see 2 Lilliths.. I'm constantly short of gold.. and when I do farm a level for days to get gold... I finally can level up talismans, but inevitably never have enough runes to do that.

There is FAR TOO MUCH in this "game" that "skirts" the satisfaction barrier. There are not enough rewards. DOUBLE the drop of rune stones in PVE.. DOUBLE the amount of iron coins in teh area.. QUADRUPLE the amount of gold dropped at some levels. I mean.. isn't the point to have fun? Why so stingy with everything? You aren't "slowing progress" you are "eliminating fulfillment".

Heres a thought.. how about NOT charging my credit card if you can't accept the payment???

Attachment 4374

Hitting "RETRY" just means you deduct the same amount AGAIN from my credit card and I may or may not actually receive the item. Because when this error pops up it translates to "APPLE HAS CHARGED YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. BUT THE GAME ISN'T GOING TO ACTUALLY GIVE YOU ANYTHING." A more appropriate message would be "Your Purchase Failed. Please retain the receipt for the purchase. Note the date and time of purchase and then contact Support."
    I feel the exact same way Yup. Every thing here is what I've been thinking since i had to some time to look into the Relics yesterday.

It is seriously making me wonder about my future with this game, and that makes me sad.
    Last edited by Zerynx; 03-12-2018 at 06:50 AM. Reason: I can't type.
    Zerynx-2164

Lost to Apathy - Retired