Threaded View

OS
    Android

Why Relics are BAD for the game, my LotB story.

Ok so, for those who don't know me, my Name is Eduardo (Edward if you like to translate foreign names), but you can call me Ed.

I have been playing this game sice the beggining, and I sadly lost my first account, and decided to do a fresh start instead of trying to recover the old one.

Said that, I can assure you that I have a LOT of hours spent playing this game, hell I'm playing my Troopers while I'm writing this.

So...

Why do I think this Relic system is a really bad thing...

I am a competitive player, in basically any game I played, and the one thing that got me into Arena here in LotB was the possibility of beating Slauki, Bradata, Nicko, Mariner, Shaolinlondo, Askora, Kamuz, Carlos and several others that I consider top players in the Arena.

Man I still remember when "donslauki", kamuz and the other names showed up on the attack list, I was really nervous, and honorable to be able to from a fresh start be against the top players again.

I got my ass beat, like a lot of times from Slauki's team, winning or losing the coin toss.

My team was good, my talis wasn't optimized tho, had something to aim for, something that required some time playing and farming the shit out of the BNW to lvl those talis up.

But you know what, it was worth it, some days/weeks have passed, my team was doing good, correct talis, lvl 50 ones all good.

And then again, those names showed up... oh boy... REMATCH TIME!!!!

And I did it, once I had figured out a team that I was comfortable with I managed to farm the talis for then, lvled then up and I did it, I have won against several of the top dogs teams. And I was really happy and feeling rewarded for putting my time into the game.

The amount of time we both played the game didn't mattered, honestly it don't take that much of a time to farm and lvl the talis needed for you to enter the arena in a competitive level. (could take longer cause of RNG for some needed ones, like Immunity for ex).

Anyway, I could have waited for a month to prep my team, and the challenge would still be there, waiting for me, there is some nasty defenses out there, believe me.

They needed to think and test the defense, they spent hours figuring out AI patterns, and the best characters that synergized well with each other.

It was a blast to farm for that objectives.

Now the Relics arrived...

If the Relics existed in the above timeline, I would never be able to beat then, they would always be ahead of me no matter how much I tried, the play time here is now the demanding factor.

When I would be finally getting the talis I needed to finish my team, they would have raised the GAP in terms of relics by a mile, and no, I would not be able to "eventually" catch up on then, the GAP and time needed would be too high.

Now you don't need to over think you defense teams, you will always be ahead of anyone that want to try and challenge your teams.

It doesn't matter if it affects "only" the base stats, well it don't, there are several scaling factors involved that the base stats does matter, and a lot. (Kaz words: massively buffed, regarding talis that scale out of the base stats).

Anyway, I needed to get this out of my chest, this game helped me a LOT, and I mean a LOT when I was (still am) going trough some heavy stuff on my life. More then you all can imagine.

I am just sad to see a P2W/Grindfest pattern forming in it.

... Ed.

Request for the Admins: Please change the title of this post to "Why Relics are BAD (PVP wise) for the game, my LotB Arena story."
    The title can be a little misleading and this is not what I want to pass. Thanks in adv.
    Last edited by Sponholz; 03-09-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Typo
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356