Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Which to Evo: Angel of Pain, Magus Golden Son, or Magus Pharaoh Dog?

Title says it all...I'm looking to upgrade one of these characters to 5*:

Angel of Pain
    Magus Golden Son
    Magus Pharaoh Dog

Any suggestions? The MPD seems the most useful in PVE, but really, they all seem pretty decent.

OS
    iOS
    Probably the pharaoh dog until you get some better toons. I don't think any of the 3 are outstanding.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Probably the pharaoh dog until you get some better toons. I don't think any of the 3 are outstanding.
    Thanks. I have the Corrupt General but am lacking in other blue non-Eddies. I could buy Lady Azov right now, but seems smarter to just save up for The Clairvoyant?

OS
    iOS
    The General is a good toon....

And yes Clairvoyant will be infinitely more useful than Lady Azov..

It's not that the AOP, MGS, or MPD are bad toons They aren't. They just aren't the more versatile toons. And if I HAD to choose only one to use, it would be the dog. It hits like a wet noodle but it is better for overall defense. The AOP will hit much harder.. but do nothing for the rest of the team. Sure it shortens buff spans.. but most battles are over in 2 or 3 turns anyway. The Son will heal on occasion, but, well, it's easily killed as well.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    The AoP wouldn't be the worst investment by any means, but it probably isn't one of the best either. It can be very useful though, because of the accuracy buff. The magus GS is pretty weaksauce. I definitely wouldn't Evo that one anytime soon. I haven't bothered with the dog yet, it seems like sacrifice fodder to me.

The AOP would be my pick.
    Last edited by Reeb99; 03-11-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    I would evolve the Magus Golden Son. That thing has been an MVP fixture on my team since it heals my whole team with every attack. Its revive passive makes it even more awesome. And in PVP mode, it has often times been the last man standing. At worst, I have dragged matches out to a draw with it on many occasions if it can't take out the remaining enemy by itself. Until a better healer is made, it will continue to have a permanent spot on my roster.

I used all 3 of them during the campaign, so I don't think there's a bad choice if you're set on evolving one of them. As an end game player though, the only one of the 3 that I remotely use now is the Angel of Pain (has some benefit in certain Arena situations), and even then it's infrequent. So I would weigh whether or not you think you can keep progressing in campaign with these guys at 4* lvl 80, or whether you really need to evolve one right now to progress.

OS
    Android
    My 2 cents, AoP is amazing at the arena, his passive in insanely useful to maintain Shields and other buffs in check, accuracy up on allies / down on enemies are also amazing, and he hits really hard.

When/if NF fix his passive against golden buffs, he will be even more useful.

IMO AoP is one of the better chars of the entire game.

... Ed.
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    agree on aop, one of the best toons in game. he will be ridiculously good, if they ever adjust the passive to short down the yellow buffs as well, as announced.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Pharaoh dog has saved my ass plenty with it's sharded healing power for 4 rounds of healing. Countless times after the opponent hits with their last toon my HP is full. His basic curses which is nice if you are down to one on one with healing. Throw a set of blind talis on that pooch and you are looking at a quality team member.